SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

2001 Bullitt #3006

Old 3/8/07, 02:55 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 Bullitt #3006

Well, this isn't going to be much of a diary, but I do imagine I will be spending significantly more time in this area of TMS than I used to. The new chapter in my automotive story began here. Now that I finally had a chance to take some daylight pictures..... enjoy!

unfortunately, not all my friends can fit in this car, so we have to improvise a tad

I love this car.
Old 3/8/07, 03:04 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am so jealous man.

That is absolutly gorgeous.

less then 8000 miles...thats practically new.

How did you get that plate? and how did the dealer have it, seems like they got the plates a lot quicker then in IL.

...factory sub frames...cobra brakes.... clearcoated engine bay... great suspension upgrades... aluminum intake....rolled exhaust tips all stuff i wish my car had.
Old 3/8/07, 03:08 PM
Needs to be more Astony

One thing strange though...when i'm in my brothers bullitt the speedometer needle always ends up exactly opposite as yours looks.
Old 3/8/07, 03:12 PM
Post *****

Well, those were the plates the original owner had on it, no one ever changed it, so I kept em on

It so amazingly clean. I've never had so much fun in a car before, other than when I maxed out the II (back in my 2.8L days lol)

The main reason I decided to spring for a Bullitt is because I wanted all those mods, but I knew that no matter what car I bought, I would need financing, so I wouldnt have cash laying around for mods. Ford did it for me

It may not be the fastest SE, or the best handling SE, but I think it's one of the most rounded. I love it.

Out of curiosity (I know you have driven your brother's post mods) but how does the suspension of the stock GT compare to the Bullitt? I know i have 600lb/in springs vs 450 lb/in in the front and 250vs210 in the back, along with the subframes, but I guess I want to know how different it really feels.

I'm still getting used to the power, and I think I've got the hang of this "5 speed" tranny deal. Although... I did accidentally break the rear loose leaving the school lol.
Old 3/8/07, 03:13 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Knight
One thing strange though...when i'm in my brothers bullitt the speedometer needle always ends up exactly opposite as yours looks.
Old 3/8/07, 03:29 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by future9er24
Well, those were the plates the original owner had on it, no one ever changed it, so I kept em on

The main reason I decided to spring for a Bullitt is because I wanted all those mods, but I knew that no matter what car I bought, I would need financing, so I wouldnt have cash laying around for mods. Ford did it for me

It may not be the fastest SE, or the best handling SE, but I think it's one of the most rounded. I love it.

Out of curiosity (I know you have driven your brother's post mods) but how does the suspension of the stock GT compare to the Bullitt? I know i have 600lb/in springs vs 450 lb/in in the front and 250vs210 in the back, along with the subframes, but I guess I want to know how different it really feels.

I'm still getting used to the power, and I think I've got the hang of this "5 speed" tranny deal. Although... I did accidentally break the rear loose leaving the school lol.
I totally agree with mods coming for ford is the best since you can just put in in the financing.

I must say i have never really driven my brothers car very hard except in a straight line.. but the steering feels a lot more presice...and my bros has a 2003 cobra IRS so the thing take bumps on turns amazingly compared to my solid that jumps from bumps. So i really don't know exactly how to compare since i have not driven a bullitt with the stock rear end.

I "accidentally" break my tires lose a bit too often.

But the torque can catch you offguard.
Old 3/8/07, 04:19 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's awesomely beautiful

Your first mods: Grill Delete and lip spoiler!!!
Old 3/8/07, 04:25 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
WOW! Awesome pics Arin!! That is one INCREDIBLE stang!!
Old 3/8/07, 05:13 PM
Needs to be more Astony

editted for stupidity
Old 3/8/07, 05:33 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
CONGRATS!!!

I am real happy for you!

I did three exterior mods to mine which didn't alter the look that much but I think I improved it.
- Black running pony emblem on the front grill.
- Mach 1 front chin spoiler.
- V6 fender emblem added on the fuel door to simulate the concepts.

Yours looks very well taken care of. I hope it still has the stock catback.
Old 3/8/07, 05:39 PM
Cobra Member

It looks great Arin! I see you got rid of the dodge plate frame already. I think one of the things I like most about the Bullitt's look is that it doesnt have a rear spoiler. A grill delete would be another nice addition (or subraction ) to the look but I could understand if you held off on mods for a while.

man am I ever jealous haha
Old 3/8/07, 05:59 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
In case you have not registered it yet:
http://www.imboc.com/main/
Old 3/8/07, 06:09 PM
GT Member

Welcome to the club! It's great owning a Bullitt, I know from experience. And I'm the one that Chris was talking about, and yes my sepdometer always seems to want to lean to right! This is the best picture of my car at Bullitt Nationals 2 years ago.
Old 3/8/07, 06:19 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Hot **** she looks good!! Congratulations . . . again!

Fantastic Mustang! (And thanks for the compliment in your II thread regarding my Mach! )
Old 3/8/07, 06:23 PM
Post *****

Thanks everyone!

For appearance, I don't have much planned. The Mach 1 chin spoiler is a must for all mustangs this body style IMO, and it will come in due time. I think the Mach's grille delete will look rather fashionable here too, though I've seen some mesh-ey grilles in California Mustang catalogs that have piqued my interest. I'll scan a pic of it sooner or later.

Black running pony sounds cool George, I may have to look into it. The American flag pony and Flaming pony are a little more busy, but kind of interesting. I'll see how it goes.

I think, other than that, my exterior will stay stock. Interiorwise, I've been thinking of an MGW shifter and possibly a "Bullitt" T-Handle to sit atop it. Never shifted a manual tranny with a T-Shift, it might be interesting
Old 3/8/07, 06:26 PM
Post *****

Bill, your Bullitt looks great! Do tell me about that IRS setup you have. I was thinking about how termintor guys often swap out their IRS for 8.8s in the drag racing world, and I always wondered what it takes to do that.

Jason, you're welcome You need to come out to California once I start crankin out some more ponies. I'd love to run against that wicked machine of yours
Old 3/8/07, 06:30 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
This is a link I've kept on hand and tried on my Mach.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm
Old 3/8/07, 06:37 PM
Post *****

whoa! thats some pretty cool stuff there. I may have to give that a go lol. Amazing what folk figure out from just tinkering with stuff
Old 3/8/07, 06:54 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Congrats. Car looks beautiful.
Old 3/8/07, 07:11 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats Arin! Nice car. Love those 01 Bullitts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Bullitt #3006