GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

wideband and water temp gauge install w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/06, 08:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wideband and water temp gauge install w/pics

I finished up my gauge install this afternoon...

I placed the water temp sender in a pre-threaded hole that is below the last freeze plug on the drivers site of the engine. To mount the sender there you need an adapter, autometer part number 2268 for electric gauge, 2275 for mechanical gauge.

I then ran a wire loom, with the wires already in it through the firewall, behind the plastic fender well guards, and down to the sender. The wideband wires already come heat-wrapped so I ran those outside of the loom following the same path.

I used an add-a-line from the fuse box (the left add-a-line) for the switched 12v power. I ran the wires under the dash, behind the center console, and up to the steering wheel.

For my grounds I used a bolt that is mounted on the left hand side of the center console, by the drivers right knee.

Switched power for the light on my water temp gauge came from the black/white wire attached to the dimmer switch.

And the final product.....

If you have the message center, the right gauge will block it. If you drive with the steering wheel in any position but all the way down, the speed and tach will be blocked.
Old 9/8/06, 07:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really good detail......We need a sticky or site so all our install ideas and how to's go.