Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Whiteline trans bushing insert.

Old 4/16/14, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Twins

The people who seemed to have issues were complaining of vibration through the floorboards at worst.
I'm not too worried about the part holding up. If it fails I'll be willing to spend another $30 (and this time maybe not cut the hole) and replace it. Or, you could fill in the holes on the stock bushing with a product (cant recall what it is right now) and it does the same thing although you "ruin" the stock bushing in that scenario.
So I finally got the bushing in, and thankfully the vibration is not at present. What I do notice though is the humming noise at highway speeds. I have only driven the car for a few days, so cannot be sure but I highly suspect the bushing. Anyone having similar issue?
Old 6/21/14, 08:06 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know this is kinda old but, i have the following mods in my signature, did them all one by one so i can tell which took the lock out away.

did short shifter with two post first, very solid shifting, little more vibration in shifter assembly, lock out still occurs.

removed helper spring in clutch pedal assembly, better solid connection feel with clutch, more of a better feeling and to reduce clutch engagement time

steel braided clutch line, clutch feels amazing now, very solid, heavier pedal feel. still have lock out

trans bushing insert, got rid of shift lock out, moderate increase of interior noise. you hear everything the car is doing, you hear the engine rocking, you hear a groaning sound, little more vibration, you hear the trans shifting into gear, you hear clutch engagement.

switched to amsoil 75w80 trans fluid, and 75w140 diff fluid. to complete upgrade.

the most vibration and noise comes with the AC on, with AC off its not bad.

so i would say the trans bushing insert of the mod that got rid of lock out.

im interested in that brace with the torque arms. so that does not replace the entire k-member? just adds a center brace with torque arms??
Old 6/21/14, 11:04 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tek302
i know this is kinda old but, i have the following mods in my signature, did them all one by one so i can tell which took the lock out away.

did short shifter with two post first, very solid shifting, little more vibration in shifter assembly, lock out still occurs.

removed helper spring in clutch pedal assembly, better solid connection feel with clutch, more of a better feeling and to reduce clutch engagement time

steel braided clutch line, clutch feels amazing now, very solid, heavier pedal feel. still have lock out

trans bushing insert, got rid of shift lock out, moderate increase of interior noise. you hear everything the car is doing, you hear the engine rocking, you hear a groaning sound, little more vibration, you hear the trans shifting into gear, you hear clutch engagement.

switched to amsoil 75w80 trans fluid, and 75w140 diff fluid. to complete upgrade.

the most vibration and noise comes with the AC on, with AC off its not bad.

so i would say the trans bushing insert of the mod that got rid of lock out.

im interested in that brace with the torque arms. so that does not replace the entire k-member? just adds a center brace with torque arms??
I didn't do the install, Call Dave at CHE to verify 814 560-1147