Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

US-Spec 2012's cleared for import into Canada

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/11, 02:01 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US-Spec 2012's cleared for import into Canada

Literally as of a few minutes ago, and while I was on the phone with them trying to figure out how to deal with my soon-to-be-delivered Boss. The reaction of the person on the phone with me was classic. "Wait a minute... I'm being tapped on the shoulder." <aside> 'Get out!' 'You lie to me!' , then back to me, "You should buy your lottery tickets today..."

Confirmation should be posted on the Registrar of Imported Vehicles site soon.

Woot!!
Old 6/1/11, 04:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Cool deal. Do you have a build date yet?
Old 6/1/11, 04:27 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Cool deal. Do you have a build date yet?
May 19th. It's been through Area 51. Currently 'Released', 'Awaiting Shipment', no railcar #, ETA June 9th.
Old 6/1/11, 05:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, wait you're saying I could have paid 10K less and brought over a US spec car? I'm going outside to shoot myself...
Old 6/1/11, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
So, wait you're saying I could have paid 10K less and brought over a US spec car? I'm going outside to shoot myself...

Naw, don't be to hard on yourself. It's worth 10k to have the km/h above the mph/h on the speedo.
Old 6/1/11, 09:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cobrajetjoe
Naw, don't be to hard on yourself. It's worth 10k to have the km/h above the mph/h on the speedo.
What's km/h? Most of us only speak English here

In any case that is an expensive speedo you could learn to read English and buy a hell of a lot of mods for the Boss

I truely don't understand the Canada thing, did you see the Switzerland sticker posted, same as the US price. I assume they have an import tax but the sticker is the same.
Old 6/2/11, 06:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
What's km/h? Most of us only speak English here

In any case that is an expensive speedo you could learn to read English and buy a hell of a lot of mods for the Boss

I truely don't understand the Canada thing, did you see the Switzerland sticker posted, same as the US price. I assume they have an import tax but the sticker is the same.
lol. I don't get the price difference either; The US/Cananda dollar are pretty much at par now, you'd figure the price difference wouldn't be so far apart.
Old 6/2/11, 09:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Make sure warranty won't be an issue. I've has a few problems with the Boss. Whole front passenger fender and shock mounts came from factory loose. Car was in shop 3 days while they tightened everything down and went over the car in detail. I'm going to email Ford for a discount. Still love the beast though.
Old 6/2/11, 11:51 PM
FR500 Member

Ford's warranty works fine in both sides of the border.
Old 6/4/11, 12:58 PM
Cobra R Member

I was so anxious to get one I ordered the day they were announced before dealer knew what I was talking about. Had an early delivery but the **** rain and biz travel prevented my hitting the road till the end of May. Should have waited. Oh, well I know how I will get the 2013 version.
Old 6/5/11, 03:34 PM
Bullitt Member

To me, buying a new Boss 302 through a US dealer is the only way to go, if you want to save money. It doesn't make sense that the Cdn. dollar is at par (or above) the US dollar and the Boss is approx. 10K more in Canada. Perhaps year 2013 will see a drop in Cdn. prices but doubtful. Do any Canadians on this board who have imported a Boss 302 into Canada know if RIV charges the "Green Levy Tax" on the Boss? Is it exempt or do we get nailed with this tax?
Just as a matter of preference, I like the proposed 2013 striping over the 2012 (although both are nice), but feel that Ford should offer an optional wheel on the Boss 302. I find the stock wheels look too much like a Model T wheel, but that's just me. The Boss 302S wheel looks a little better to me. Also, I'm very confused as to why the Street Boss doesn't come with an oil pressure gauge. Performance cars always come with an oil pressure gauge for monitoring your engine's "blood pressure". Very strange! Yes, I know you can buy the gauge pod, but it doesn't come stock with this gauge. All in all though, the Boss 302 is quite a package directly from the factory. Great car! It will soon be over shadowed somewhat when the new Shelby GT500 comes out. Some great cars are hitting the streets these days!
Old 6/5/11, 06:48 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by goesfast
To me, buying a new Boss 302 through a US dealer is the only way to go, if you want to save money. It doesn't make sense that the Cdn. dollar is at par (or above) the US dollar and the Boss is approx. 10K more in Canada. Perhaps year 2013 will see a drop in Cdn. prices but doubtful. Do any Canadians on this board who have imported a Boss 302 into Canada know if RIV charges the "Green Levy Tax" on the Boss? Is it exempt or do we get nailed with this tax?
No levy, the Boss gets much better than 13L/100km.

Originally Posted by goesfast
Just as a matter of preference, I like the proposed 2013 striping over the 2012 (although both are nice), but feel that Ford should offer an optional wheel on the Boss 302. I find the stock wheels look too much like a Model T wheel, but that's just me. The Boss 302S wheel looks a little better to me. Also, I'm very confused as to why the Street Boss doesn't come with an oil pressure gauge. Performance cars always come with an oil pressure gauge for monitoring your engine's "blood pressure". Very strange! Yes, I know you can buy the gauge pod, but it doesn't come stock with this gauge. All in all though, the Boss 302 is quite a package directly from the factory. Great car! It will soon be over shadowed somewhat when the new Shelby GT500 comes out. Some great cars are hitting the streets these days!
The stock 'gauge' in the Premium cars isn't really a gauge, it's connected to an oil pressure switch, just like idiot lights.
Old 6/6/11, 07:52 AM

I do not know what part of Canada you are referring to but here in the Vancouver area the Dealers that have not been allocated any 2012 Bosses have been buy U.S spec cars and marking them upwards of $15,000 above Canadian MSRP. Two dealers I
have talk to are Keywest and Metro Ford. I just can not believe people are willing to pay that much, the only reason this car is a great deal is its price point if you are going to pay that much you might as well buy the GT500.People are just to eager to believe all the hype and mag reviews that this is a limited car remember what happened in 07 with the Shelby the next years following they increase production in 08 and 09. and improved the car in 2010 and 11.
Old 6/6/11, 07:59 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by DCA911
I do not know what part of Canada you are referring to but here in the Vancouver area the Dealers that have not been allocated any 2012 Bosses have been buy U.S spec cars and marking them upwards of $15,000 above Canadian MSRP. Two dealers I
have talk to are Keywest and Metro Ford. I just can not believe people are willing to pay that much, the only reason this car is a great deal is its price point if you are going to pay that much you might as well buy the GT500.People are just to eager to believe all the hype and mag reviews that this is a limited car remember what happened in 07 with the Shelby the next years following they increase production in 08 and 09. and improved the car in 2010 and 11.
The dealers have been using a side door procedure to bring the cars into Canada. The importations are legit, but the process was not otherwise available to the rest of us pleebs. Now we are free to pay 10k$ less than Canadian MSRP...
Old 6/6/11, 08:45 AM

I just wish people would be smart enough not buy from these dealerships and let them sit on the lots until they get real and sell the cars at reasonable markup above the U.S.MSRP. but under the Canadian MSRP. They are still are going to make a good profit on the deal but greed and stupidity have always gone hand and hand. So I guess my money will also be going south of the border.
Old 6/6/11, 10:28 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by DCA911
I just wish people would be smart enough not buy from these dealerships and let them sit on the lots until they get real and sell the cars at reasonable markup above the U.S.MSRP. but under the Canadian MSRP. They are still are going to make a good profit on the deal but greed and stupidity have always gone hand and hand. So I guess my money will also be going south of the border.

Are you familiar with the RIV and the importation process? The RIV rocks, they've made it so easy to follow the process, they even made a dynamic checklist. A great use of my 200$ RIV fee!
Old 6/6/11, 12:18 PM
Bullitt Member

A big thank you to PTRocks for the great info! Nice to learn the Boss is exempt from the "save the world" levy. I will check out your RIV checklist to see what's required. I didn't know that the premium gauge package was an idiot light. Shame on Ford. Idiot lights should just have dollar signs instead of the lit diagram. You know, from left to right: $500, $1000, $1500, to "you can't afford it!"
And to DCA911: Sad state of affairs when dealers are using such greedy tactics to lure and bait customers from the "more money than brains club" to pay outrageous ADM's. You're right. Simply don't pay it and head down south to save yourself a whack of cash. Just bide your time. The price storm and feeding frenzy will eventually subside, then later this year or early 2012, make some calls and snap one up at a reasonable price on the US side. Ford will stamp out plenty of Bosses before they halt production, so some bargains will be had. Plus, when the new GT500 hits the streets, the "collectability" of the Boss will fade just like it has for every Mustang made in the last 30+ years (and yes, that includes the 2000 R). Ford are masters of marketing and making us believe we have yet another special model that is rare. They've been doing it for quite some time now. Just get your fishing rod ready and wait for the right fish to come to you........
Old 6/6/11, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by PTRocks

Are you familiar with the RIV and the importation process? The RIV rocks, they've made it so easy to follow the process, they even made a dynamic checklist. A great use of my 200$ RIV fee!
Thanks for the link and I will be keeping my eye on the U.S market and act when a good deal comes along.
Old 6/6/11, 09:00 PM
Cobra R Member

On the one hand I got ripped off buying at Canadian MSRP. On the other hand I've owned a Boss since April. And I've been driving it every chance I get. **** you overly wet Spring! At the end of the day I love it, so whatever. I'll be smarter when I puck up a 2013 Boss to match I hope.
Old 6/7/11, 04:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
On the one hand I got ripped off buying at Canadian MSRP. On the other hand I've owned a Boss since April. And I've been driving it every chance I get. **** you overly wet Spring! At the end of the day I love it, so whatever. I'll be smarter when I puck up a 2013 Boss to match I hope.
I'd love to get a 2013

Quick Reply: US-Spec 2012's cleared for import into Canada