Old 11/4/11, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TracKey and Warranty

We really need a clear answer here.

What does TracKey do to:

3 yr/36,000 Bumper to Bumper?

5 yr/60,000 power train?

Any Ford Extended Service Plan?

This is a question everyone should ask before having TracKey installed, especially if TK isn't doing what everyone expected it to do!

PLEASE don't answer with "Do a search" or "read the other threads". I have and it's not clear and it sure doesn't come from Ford themselves! Please let's all wait until the Ford Service folks that monitor this forum answer once and for all.

Last edited by jhall1957; 11/4/11 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11/4/11, 01:57 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by jhall1957

What does TracKey do to:

5 yr/60,000 power train?

This is a question everyone should ask before having TracKey installed, especially if TK isn't doing what everyone expected it to do!
See the other TracKey threads where this issue has been discussed in detail.
Old 11/4/11, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by PTRocks
See the other TracKey threads where this issue has been discussed in detail.
I have and it's clear that no one has the exact answer! Alot of guessing and hoping. I'm hoping that someone from Ford will come in with the "corporate" answer to these three specific areas.

I don't care what some sale guy in Cali tells his customer. I want to hear the answer from the manufacturer.
Old 11/4/11, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

If you want an answer from Ford and I certainly can understand why you do it will be better to call them directly.
Old 11/4/11, 03:16 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

What does TracKey do to:

5 yr/60,000 power train?

PLEASE don't answer with "Do a search" or "read the other threads". I have and it's not clear and it sure doesn't come from Ford themselves! Please let's all wait until the Ford Service folks that monitor this forum answer once and for all.
Hey jhall1957,

Only when TracKey is deemed responsible for the damage will it fall under the reduced warranty, and all other concerns are covered under the original warranty. Basically, if the problem is caused by the TracKey it will only be covered under the 3yr/36k warranty. Everything else remains the same.

Deysha
Old 11/4/11, 03:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Only when TracKey is deemed responsible for the damage will it fall under the reduced warranty, and all other concerns are covered under the original warranty. Basically, if the problem is caused by the TracKey it will only be covered under the 3yr/36k warranty. Everything else remains the same.

Deysha
How would that determination be made?
Old 11/4/11, 03:47 PM

Hey jhall1957,

Deysha
Ok Deysha,

Say I blow an engine because I am using launch control. You guys determine that TracKey caused it. Motor let's go at 37,000 miles. I'm screwed????
Old 11/4/11, 06:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey jhall1957,

Deysha
Daysha
Please answer this question for me since you say Trackey is covered for 36/36. I have had my car nine months waiting for this.

So do I get 36 months warranty on the Trackey from this week when I installed it?
Old 11/8/11, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by twawsico
How would that determination be made?
Via diagnosis of your vehicle at your Ford dealer, twawsico.

Ok Deysha,
Say I blow an engine because I am using launch control. You guys determine that TracKey caused it. Motor let's go at 37,000 miles. I'm screwed????
This is when you talk to your dealer and the CRC too see how we can help. Just enjoy your car, jhall1957.

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Deysha
Please answer this question for me since you say Trackey is covered for 36/36. I have had my car nine months waiting for this.
So do I get 36 months warranty on the Trackey from this week when I installed it?
TracKey for 2012 Mustang Boss 302

TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a Boss 302 by an authorized dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometers miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Here is the link to the Limited warranty info:http://www.trackey.ford.com/announce...12_TracKey.pdf

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 11/8/11 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11/8/11, 07:50 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

this is my read on it:
IF you bought your Boss for the tracking, I would NOT get the TK based upon reduced warranty.
I would say the chances of anything happening exists evenly with or without the TK
and should something happens I bet Ford will try NOT to cover the $15k++ for a Boss motor and will search for a reason...and it's all in the small print.

If you get the TK the door is now open for Ford to try to get out of the claim.
Ford knows that TK owners will probably run their Boss harder than non-TK owners
since they are advertising the TK for the track.

"....so Mr Smith, I see you have a TK, so how hard did you drive your Boss?...."
Old 11/8/11, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by JPC
this is my read on it:
IF you bought your Boss for the tracking, I would NOT get the TK based upon reduced warranty.
I would say the chances of anything happening exists evenly with or without the TK
and should something happens I bet Ford will try NOT to cover the $15k++ for a Boss motor and will search for a reason...and it's all in the small print.

If you get the TK the door is now open for Ford to try to get out of the claim.
Ford knows that TK owners will probably run their Boss harder than non-TK owners
since they are advertising the TK for the track.

"....so Mr Smith, I see you have a TK, so how hard did you drive your Boss?...."
I understand your thought process here but which of us didn't hear about how the Boss was built by race car guys for the track? I mean, I asked my dealership about break-in and they said, "Run it hard! It's built to take that..." and "it's a Race Car with A/C and electric windows". I think Ford would have a hard time backing away from ANY claim if there was no after-market non-sense going on.

I bought the car to daily drive and maybe take to the track from time to time. Since I have a track only race caar with all safety gear, I doubt I take it much, but is it worth taking a chance and getting TK? I'm not sure.

It's a shame Ford does not handle this the right way and honor the TK warranty to match up to whatever your basic warranty is. Hell, even Dinan and BMW have worked it so the warranties match. It's crazy that any of us spend even a minute wondering about what if situations! It's a Ford Racing product that is highly controlled and only avaialble at a Ford dealership!
Old 11/8/11, 08:32 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

I understand your thought process here but which of us didn't hear about how the Boss was built by race car guys for the track? I mean, I asked my dealership about break-in and they said, "Run it hard! It's built to take that..." and "it's a Race Car with A/C and electric windows". I think Ford would have a hard time backing away from ANY claim if there was no after-market non-sense going on.

I bought the car to daily drive and maybe take to the track from time to time. Since I have a track only race caar with all safety gear, I doubt I take it much, but is it worth taking a chance and getting TK? I'm not sure.

It's a shame Ford does not handle this the right way and honor the TK warranty to match up to whatever your basic warranty is. Hell, even Dinan and BMW have worked it so the warranties match. It's crazy that any of us spend even a minute wondering about what if situations! It's a Ford Racing product that is highly controlled and only avaialble at a Ford dealership!
agreed
BUT think like an insurance company,
they WILL search for reasons NOT to pay warranty claims
A few years back a good friend bought a NEW 2002 Z06 and it came with videos and booklets on how to prepare the Z06 for the track. Within the warranty period the engine blew, he had no aftermarket parts on the car and GM still declined the coverage. I believe he had to hire an attorney and went after GM.

Everything sounds rosey and sunshine when your wallet is open but when it's time for the warranty to pay it's often a different story....

Once the TK is in the warranty coverage is reduced no matter what Ford says "all should be ok" if true WHY do they reduce the warranty coverage?

We should ask Ford WHY with new car warranty is REDUCED?
Old 11/8/11, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by JPC
agreed
BUT think like an insurance company,
they WILL search for reasons NOT to pay warranty claims
A few years back a good friend bought a NEW 2002 Z06 and it came with videos and booklets on how to prepare the Z06 for the track. Within the warranty period the engine blew, he had no aftermarket parts on the car and GM still declined the coverage. I believe he had to hire an attorney and went after GM.

Everything sounds rosey and sunshine when your wallet is open but when it's time for the warranty to pay it's often a different story....

Once the TK is in the warranty coverage is reduced no matter what Ford says "all should be ok" if true WHY do they reduce the warranty coverage?

We should ask Ford WHY with new car warranty is REDUCED?
Funny you say this! I am an independent insurance agent and I own the agency and the car is one of my company cars.

The bottomline is that Ford and Ford Racing can handle these anyway they want once the "claim" appears. Claims of this size will fall fully within Ford's scope of control and won't ever go to a normal insurance company.

This is why I say Ford could very simply decide to match the terms of any and all warranty baseline that the consumer has/buys. But it doesn't stop there. They can, and car companies often do, go beyond the scope of coverage to pick up the cost of things NOT covered by warranty.

My wish is simple. Tell everyone that bought a Boss 302 (not many of us really) that the TracKey is covered and won't effect any other warranty coverage that Ford provides. This is a VERY limited exposure for Ford and Ford Racing. Heck, for a company that builds and sells turn key race cars to the public, this is nothing.
Old 11/8/11, 10:29 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

My wish is simple. Tell everyone that bought a Boss 302 (not many of us really) that the TracKey is covered and won't effect any other warranty coverage that Ford provides. This is a VERY limited exposure for Ford and Ford Racing. Heck, for a company that builds and sells turn key race cars to the public, this is nothing.
that's would be nice
BUT
What Ford is saying reduced warranty coverage...
until they say something different it's a pass for me
AND
I think a warning to everyone.
Old 11/8/11, 04:31 PM

I agree, which statement is the lie.

Which one is the lie?

This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts when a concern is triggered by TracKey.

TracKey goes on sale today, Nov 1, 2011
TracKey is available through Ford and Lincoln dealers
TracKey is an exclusive aftermarket offering for 2012 Mustang BOSS 302 and Laguna Seca owners
TracKey aftermarket calibration is 50-state emissions legal
TracKey comes with a "best-in-the-aftermarket industry" 3-year/36,000-mile warranty, and its installation and usage does not void the original OE warranty

I agree, what is the truth. With the transmission problems a lot of us are having, installing the TK will immediately reduce your transmission warranty by 2 years despite their claims.

Last edited by Bigjohn; 11/8/11 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11/10/11, 05:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Funny you say this! I am an independent insurance agent and I own the agency and the car is one of my company cars.

The bottomline is that Ford and Ford Racing can handle these anyway they want once the "claim" appears. Claims of this size will fall fully within Ford's scope of control and won't ever go to a normal insurance company.

This is why I say Ford could very simply decide to match the terms of any and all warranty baseline that the consumer has/buys. But it doesn't stop there. They can, and car companies often do, go beyond the scope of coverage to pick up the cost of things NOT covered by warranty.

Yes I completely agree, if it should cause no problems then why is Ford penalizing a very small margin of their consumer base. Mustang enthusiasts love this car, Ford shows this car off, including TK. Stand by your product!!!!! If there are failures do they really want the negative publicity that will result when we stand together and make a fuss. Or would they rather fix what is broken under their 'warranty'. The fixes would be a relatively small price for the number of cars out on the road and track. I think its ridiculous to leave us trying to interpret their language which is vague at best.

And Canadians have been left out too not paying for TA as they have clearly said, All Boss Owners. Makes you wonder about any TK warranty issues being covered at ALL.
Old 11/10/11, 07:09 AM
V6 Member

trackey and warrenty

I talked to a ford rep at SEMA about these issues, or concerns we have, I was told by him that Ford is very aware of the diferent claims they have made about TracKey including the very first claims about it not affecting the warrenty, he said that they [the attorneys] are reviewing this to make a decision on how they are going to adress this. I know for me here in AZ. they cannot make a statement like that in print [not affecting the warrenty] and then change thier position after the fact when a purchase has been made.
Old 11/10/11, 08:10 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by billyboss
I talked to a ford rep at SEMA about these issues, or concerns we have, I was told by him that Ford is very aware of the diferent claims they have made about TracKey including the very first claims about it not affecting the warrenty, he said that they [the attorneys] are reviewing this to make a decision on how they are going to adress this. I know for me here in AZ. they cannot make a statement like that in print [not affecting the warrenty] and then change thier position after the fact when a purchase has been made.
That's great news. I'm sure Ford will do the right thing with the warranty.
Old 11/10/11, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey jhall1957,

Deysha

Thanks Dye, I understand that, appreciate the explanation.
Old 11/10/11, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
That's great news. I'm sure Ford will do the right thing with the warranty.
We sure will, 5 DOT 0!

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
Thanks Dey, I understand that, appreciate the explanation.
You're very welcome, dean_acheson!!

Deysha