Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

So When does it get any better?

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/11, 12:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So When does it get any better?

I've been reading all the threads from members waiting for news of when their Bosses are going to ship, and all the comments about how this has happened in the past with Ford and other newly-introduced offerings: 2011 Mustangs, GT 500's, etc.

I've been wanting a new Boss ever since I attended the introduction in August at Laguna Seca, But all I really have at this point is a copy of the press packet from the introduction signed by Parnelli Jones, a copy of a VOC, and a promise from the dealer that I have a Boss allocated for the 3rd quarter of this year.

Please tell me it gets better after the cars are out for a few months. Or do the delays just continue and repeat themselves..............?

Last edited by chief_charlie; 3/11/11 at 12:35 AM.
Old 3/11/11, 05:42 AM
Bullitt Member

chief charlie: in my experience, this improves with later builds. Ford is usually quite cautious with the first few weeks of build for a new model. We all understand that, and want the best car possible. Our complaints generally focus on the lack of information from Ford, rather than the delays themselves. Once the build process gets refined later in the model run, it usually smooths out considerable.
Old 3/11/11, 08:23 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I have a Q2 build so I hope Ford gets caught up and my car is built on time. I'd really like my Boss by July 1st so I can drive it to the Grand Am race at Laguna Seca on July 8/9.
Old 3/11/11, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I have a Q2 build so I hope Ford gets caught up and my car is built on time. I'd really like my Boss by July 1st so I can drive it to the Grand Am race at Laguna Seca on July 8/9.
I'm in this boat as well :-) Dealer is still telling me a 1-2nd week of April build and taking delivery in May. I want to drive mine to the Road America Grand-Am in late June, so I sure as hell hope the delays are sorted out!