Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

"Service Advancetrac"

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/11, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation "Service Advancetrac"

Second session air temperature 72 or so, exiting turn 5 on the infield at Daytona.

Track out and power on...........the car stumbles no power.

I look at the dash and it's light up like a Christmas Tree; check engine light, ABS light, TCS light, etc.

Drive off course behind turn six, park behind wall………

Turn car off, turn it on, dash says, "Service Advancetrac", ABS light and TCS lights still on...........

Return to garage, cycle car on/off about ten times, "Service Advancetrac" is still illuminated.

Take battery cables off of battery, "Service Advancetrac" is still illuminated.

Luckily Gary Yeomans is only a few miles away, so I drive over.

Service Department is great, they pull DTCS codes C1B00:63 and C0063.62-C8

I recall him saying “yaw sensor and steering wheel position sensor” didn’t like what they saw….reset, drove car for a half mile above 45 m.p.h. fault didn’t return.

Took car back to Daytona and ran final session of the day, no problems.

Have four sessions tomorrow (Sunday) hope no other problems………….

Anyone else get this code? Tech related this was a second diagnostic level fault (??) and can only be cleared by Ford?

P.S. No tune, etc.....

Last edited by GT_350; 10/22/11 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10/22/11, 08:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Have never heard of it.... What traction control setting did you have when you were running the car and the problem occurred? Were you sliding or drifting the car during it or prior to?

I wanted to go to Daytona so bad this weekend. I have a bunch of buddies down there... Let us know how it plays out.
Old 10/22/11, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by adam81
Have never heard of it.... What traction control setting did you have when you were running the car and the problem occurred? Were you sliding or drifting the car during it or prior to?

I wanted to go to Daytona so bad this weekend. I have a bunch of buddies down there... Let us know how it plays out.
"Sport Mode" Brake on, two taps on the button..............

Sorry you couldn't make it. There were five Mustangs, a GT500 went out after the third session for the weekend, and a Mustang with transmission problems.....
Old 10/22/11, 08:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think you found a new one!
Old 10/22/11, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Was the system engaging often and/or hard on you? Did you throw any p0300 codes?
Old 10/22/11, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by adam81
Was the system engaging often and/or hard on you? Did you throw any p0300 codes?
Really wasn't watching if the system was engaging, ran last session with eveything disabled.

I didn't have a tool to read if I got P0300 I think that code would have cleared out by disconecting battery?
Old 10/22/11, 09:38 PM
Bullitt Member

You would be able to tell if the system kicked in by feeling it, you don't need to see it... You would feel the brakes being applied and throttle cut when you start to slide to far out. A lot of times it is the front wheel that is on the opposite (or outside) direction of where you are turning. So if you are turning right you would feel the left front brake engage.
Old 10/23/11, 09:15 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by 4pipes
I think you found a new one!
I think you're right.
Old 10/23/11, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Not a problem just the TC not liking the banking. Run without Nanny's and you should be fine. Some newer Porsche's go into a sort of limp mode on the banking and limit speed to app 120mph.

Peter
Old 10/23/11, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Sunday Morning, ran first session with everthing off, no problems

Second Session "Sport Mode" got the "Service Advancetrac" no power loss keep running.............

Ran third session with the "Service Advancetrac" message, no problems other than the message...............

When I left I put the street tires back on and after the sensors in the tires registered the "Service Advancetrac" went away.

Maybe I'll add sensors when I replace my tires.......

Last edited by GT_350; 10/24/11 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10/24/11, 01:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GT_350
Sunday Morning, ran first session with everthing off, no problems

Second Session "Sport Mode" got the "Service Advancetrac" no power loss keep running.............

Ran third session with the "Service Advancetrac" message, no problems other than the message...............

When I left I put the street tires back on and after the sensors in the tires registered the "Service Advancetrac" went away.

Maybe I'll add sensors with I replace my tires.......
Good info thanks. I will be running Daytona next month most likely in sport mode and I also do not have pressure moniters in the track wheels. I get a message about that but never "Service Advancetrac". I will see how it goes but at least this did not cause limp mode like the other problems.
Old 10/24/11, 07:00 AM
GT Member

Hmmm... are your track tires the same size (diameter) as your street tires? I'm wondering if you maybe have an offset between front & rear that is different between track & street. That would confuse the hell out of the stability system.
Old 10/24/11, 08:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zwede
Hmmm... are your track tires the same size (diameter) as your street tires? I'm wondering if you maybe have an offset between front & rear that is different between track & street. That would confuse the hell out of the stability system.
Shouldn't be an issue. I've been running 26.1" rears and 25.3" fronts with no issues like this. It does appear you've found a new one, and also one that may go away with TK. FYI I run with AdvanceTrac off ALWAYS on the track. On a couple occasions where I forgot to turn it off, it was undrivable, constantly stumbling, applying brakes and dropping power when I least expected it. It also seems to dramatically affect ABS by kicking it on when it shouldn't, but that could be due to the r-comp tires increased grip.
Old 10/24/11, 05:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I run my track wheel/tire setup without TPMS, I get a "Tire Pressure Monitoring Fault" shown on the data center, not a "Service Advancetrac" warning. I can clear this via the reset button. I run with Advancetrac disabled completely.
Old 10/24/11, 06:36 PM
BOSS Member

The yaw and steering angle sensors sense impending doom and will light the dash up. I've seen it happen on a regular 5.0L too, it's not Boss specific. I wouldn't worry about it too much, it usually resets itself after awhile. The system will also turn everything back on if there is too much speed, steering angle and pitch and thinks a roll-over is coming, even in full off mode.

You can do all the crazy burnouts you want and drift the car at full steering lock and be fine, but introduce a lot of roll angle at the same time and the car will try to save you.
Old 10/24/11, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Had the same error pop up on me after driving the high banked test track at the Flat Rock plant. It didn't take long before it cleared itself. Figured it had something to do with the banking but couldn't figure out why it would make a difference.

I had forgotten all about it until I saw this thread.
Old 10/25/11, 06:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Sounds like we may have found the answer to this.....!
Old 11/3/11, 07:32 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Backing into my garage the Service Advancetrac and traction control lights came on. Will this reset or is it dealer bound?
Old 11/3/11, 07:43 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by boss man
Backing into my garage the Service Advancetrac and traction control lights came on. Will this reset or is it dealer bound?
Did you hit the 155mph speed limiter while backing in?
Old 11/3/11, 11:09 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
Did you hit the 155mph speed limiter while backing in?
Might of>>>>>>>>My garage is 1/4 mile long . Do you know if the advancetrac will reset itself or dealer reset.

Quick Reply: "Service Advancetrac"