Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Registry Update

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/11, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks
I am actually missing the original window sticker for your car. The online version was modified at some point, and the Blend number and some other info is missing. If you have the original in pdf form, pm me.

If you don't have the original sticker, can you send me a pick of the sticker that came on the car, as well as the door tag?

Thanks!

Sorry it's 6089 and build date 2/13. I'll pm pics later
Old 10/23/11, 11:03 PM
V6 Member

You should make sure to get a DORA for your order to confirm the system accepted YB. YB hasn't been in production since the beginning of August. It may be coming back, but last I heard it was done for the year.
Glad you chimed in.

Now that I've been enlightened, I would tend to think it unusual to get a YB given they haven't been produced since mid-summer. I'm wondering; when you say "done for the year," do you mean they won't be producing any more in 2011, or they are completely done for the year model?

I was going to ask what a "DORA" is, but since Google is my friend, I found out the acronym stands for "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement." I wouldn't have even known such a thing existed. I'm going to ask the sales guy to email me a scanned copy.

Thanks brother.
Old 10/24/11, 06:36 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by servitium
when you say "done for the year," do you mean they won't be producing any more in 2011, or they are completely done for the year model?
My understanding is that there will not be any more YB cars made, period.
Old 10/24/11, 11:30 AM
V6 Member

My understanding is that there will not be any more YB cars made, period.
Your understanding is correct. The dealer I was working with can't get the car. DUH! Thank you for squaring HIM away.

If I hadn't run into this thread, there's no telling how long I would have waited around wasting time before it occured to anyone that no car would be forthcoming.

After browsing here for a week or so and working with a number of dealers, I'm finding that the posters here are far more knowledgeable than the dealers and salespeople whose job it is to sell these cars.

Heck, after browsing here for a week, I'M becoming more knowledgeable than the dealers and salespeople. Unfortunately, their product knowledge on the BOSS (from the specs to the build process) is extremely lacking.
Old 10/24/11, 12:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Your understanding is correct. The dealer I was working with can't get the car. DUH! Thank you for squaring HIM away.

If I hadn't run into this thread, there's no telling how long I would have waited around wasting time before it occured to anyone that no car would be forthcoming.

After browsing here for a week or so and working with a number of dealers, I'm finding that the posters here are far more knowledgeable than the dealers and salespeople whose job it is to sell these cars.

Heck, after browsing here for a week, I'M becoming more knowledgeable than the dealers and salespeople. Unfortunately, their product knowledge on the BOSS (from the specs to the build process) is extremely lacking.
My experience also it is so disappointing.
It reminds me of the saying from the X Files; Trust No One. And it is especially true when spending lots of your money. I hope you find a better salesperson. If you post where u are from. Someone here may have a suggestion.

Another good lesson- research what you are buying. As you are doing. Good Luck.
Old 10/24/11, 03:34 PM
FR500 Member

Glad to have been of help. Good luck with your search.
Old 11/19/11, 11:54 AM
FR500 Member

Is 750 just a number?

Waiting to see where this will be going. LS production is sporadic now. There have been three cars built for engineering, not sure if they were assigned LS numbers or not. There were two or three LSes wrecked in transit as well, so their numbers may have been re-issued.

Last edited by PTRocks; 11/19/11 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11/20/11, 05:02 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work Chris. The spread on colors is very interesting. I didn't expect CO/Black to be such a common color.

How is it you are able to order just the Recaros or Torsen separately?
Old 11/20/11, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Nice work Chris. The spread on colors is very interesting. I didn't expect CO/Black to be such a common color.

They were separately available in Canada only.
Old 11/20/11, 07:28 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cobrajetjoe
They were separately available in Canada only.
As soon as you said that I scrolled down and re-read the chart to see that. It was early and I wasn't awake yet when I posted the question.
Old 11/20/11, 07:31 AM
Bullitt Member

As soon as you said that I scrolled down and re-read the chart to see that. It was early and I wasn't awake yet when I posted the question.
I have the benefit of already having two cups of coffee this morning
Old 11/20/11, 07:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks, Chris - is your estimate of 757 Laguna Secas for the entire year, or just up to now? If just up to now, then 750 is indeed just a number. Maybe 750 retail deliveries. It would be interesting to see retail engine tags numbered higher than 750.
Old 11/20/11, 12:47 PM

750 US LS. So there will be #s over 750 global.
Old 11/20/11, 02:28 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Thanks, Chris - is your estimate of 757 Laguna Secas for the entire year, or just up to now? If just up to now, then 750 is indeed just a number. Maybe 750 retail deliveries. It would be interesting to see retail engine tags numbered higher than 750.
My estimate is up until now. If the 750 for the US number is correct we are looking at 785-790 for a final number. Who knows??
Old 11/20/11, 02:29 PM
FR500 Member

I love the fact that we can't get block heaters, but a block of the northern states do.
Old 11/20/11, 03:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

So whats the estimated total production for the us in regular and LS trims? Also I wonder what the production plans are for the 2013 MY? My guess is they are going to build more in 13 due to the enhancements to DD duties and so demand may be even higher than 12...

just my .02
Old 12/11/11, 03:03 PM
FR500 Member

Here are the updated numbers. It seems that the LSes are done. The regular Bosses are being built at a good clip right now too.

Scott (2012YellowBoss)and I only have the Boss number for about 10% of these cars. We would love to get your Boss number, and the paint sequence number for those who have the owner's kits, we will need the last 5 digits of your vin to find the car in our database. you can post here, or pm us as you wish.

As always, thanks to everyone who has contributed!
Attached Thumbnails Registry Update-boss_production_breakdown-dec16-page_1.jpg   Registry Update-boss_production_breakdown-dec16-page_2.jpg   Registry Update-boss_production_breakdown-dec16-page_3.jpg  
Old 12/12/11, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Ever figure out were that last Yellow Blaze went to?
Old 12/12/11, 09:55 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by boss man
Ever figure out were that last Yellow Blaze went to?
Yes I did. I haven't called to confirm and ask for pics yet though.
Old 12/12/11, 03:46 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Yes I did. I haven't called to confirm and ask for pics yet though.

any idea why a yellow blaze was produced after it was discontinued and only 1??? I use to play 178 in LOTTO and never hit . I guess I'll start playing 179 and see what happens.
I want to give you guys credit in tracking these cars. You and Scott have done BOSS owners proud. It's nice to have something like this.
JOB WELL DONE!

Quick Reply: Registry Update