Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Laguna gauge pod installation

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/11, 07:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
just did some google searching and see where the blue-tooth comes into the equation. Pretty cool set-up. Gonna see where I can get this set-up the cheapest but still using a quality blue-tooth adapter. Already downloaded the "Torque" app for my DroidX
Old 7/19/11, 07:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4pipes
You know, after thinking about it more, the most useful feedback for the track is a bright red, calibrated, low oil pressure light. You don't need to monitor pressure on track, just need to know instaneously if the pressure drops below a certain safe threshold.....in my big block Cobra that is set at 30psi.

After that, coolant temperature is important to know. Oil temperature can get to very high temperatures without damage...say, 135 degrees centigrade. The higher the better to boil off impurities caused by blow by.

So very simply oil pressure, with a warning point and coolant temp with a warning point.

I believe the Boss already has a warning light for low oil pressure, so maybe ECT is all I need.
I believe it does have a warning light and a chime (I think). Fortunately I haven't triggered it. I'm pretty much of the same mindset Dave and that's why I have the annunciator set on my Aeroforce gauge to flash two red warning lights once ECT climbs above 240F. Now that we know it's safe up to 250F, I might bump that up a couple degrees.
Old 7/19/11, 08:29 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Wait...the Boss has Bluetooth??
You can buy a BT dongle off of ebay for around $20.
Old 7/19/11, 10:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
just did some google searching and see where the blue-tooth comes into the equation. Pretty cool set-up. Gonna see where I can get this set-up the cheapest but still using a quality blue-tooth adapter. Already downloaded the "Torque" app for my DroidX
Exactly. If you want the best data sending rate, get a WiFi or wired connection, but for me, Bluetooth fit the pricing and functionality correctly.

www.obdkey.com
Old 12/29/11, 07:19 PM

Hello. New to this forum and was wondering if anyone has had any experience installing the LS guage pack in their Boss. Having some difficulties with the vague instructions and it would be good to get some clearer details. Any help would be great..
Old 12/30/11, 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by angrmgmt
Hello. New to this forum and was wondering if anyone has had any experience installing the LS guage pack in their Boss. Having some difficulties with the vague instructions and it would be good to get some clearer details. Any help would be great..
Good luck with the LS Gauge package. I bought the LS gauge pod and installed my own choice of gauges. I was more interested for what was going on under the hood that G-force and 1/4 mile times. Wireing in these gauges are still a PTA, but it still better that trying to figure out those instructions. Some owners went with the following gauges....oil-psi / water-temp / trans-temp / volts. This is the beauty with installing you own gauges. You buy what you want. Check out:
https://themustangsource.com/f813/bo...uges+installed
or
https://themustangsource.com/f813/ga...nstall-502323/
Old 12/30/11, 05:09 PM
V6 Member

I'm wondering what you guys think of this setup:

Monitor Critical Systems. A set of AeroForce Interceptor Gauges will allow you to monitor the critical systems of your Mustang. A single Interceptor scan gauge is capable of displaying over 100 parameters, two at a time or up to 8 using cyclic scan.

Virtual Drag Strip. The AeroForce Interceptor can also be used to accurately measure quarter mile, 1/8 mile or 0-60 times and speeds.

Diagnostics. The AeroForce Interceptor Gauges not only monitor your vital systems, but it also allows you to read and clear DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) via the menu options. Those that have modified their vehicle will find this very handy when a sensor, vacuum line, etc. has been inadvertently left disconnected, or something was just not put back together properly.

Plug-n-play Installation. Installation of the AeroForce Dual Interceptor Gauges is accomplished by simply plugging the supplied special proprietary connector into the OBD2 port below the steering wheel. Literally a plug-and-play install.

Precision Monitoring. This multifunctional gauge is capable of precisely monitoring your Air/Fuel Ratio as well as your Fuel or Oil Pressure. 2011+ Mustangs are equipped with the factory fitted wideband sensors needed to read the Air/Fuel ratio. However, 2005-2010 Mustangs would require the use of the Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Kit. Similarly, to properly monitor your Fuel or Oil Pressure, all 2005-2012 Mustangs would require the use of the Fuel/Air Pressure Sensor kit. Please refer to drop-down options above.

Recommended Upgrade. Combine with a Dual Gauge A-Pillar for easy viewing, please see drop down options above.

Application. This pair of AeroForce Interceptor Gauges are specifically designed for use on 2005-2012 Mustangs equipped with an OBD2 port, including the V6, GT, Bullitt and Shelby GT500 models. Gauge includes (2) black face plate, (2) white face plate, (2) black bezel and (2) polished aluminum silver bezel.

Other Sample parameters - Not all are supported by every vehicle:
  • RPM
  • MPH
  • Intake Air Temperature (post Intercooler)
  • Ambient Air Temperature (pre Intercooler)
  • Engine Coolant Temperature
  • Exhaust Gas Temperature (PCM Calculated)
  • Transmission Temp. (auto trans)
  • Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI
  • Fuel Temperature
  • Battery Voltage
  • Battery Temp
  • Injector Pulse Width in msec.
  • Injector Duty Cycle (%)
  • Air Flow Rate into engine
  • Long Term Fuel Trim
  • Short Term Fuel Trim
  • O2 Sensor Voltage
  • Barometric Pressure
  • Ignition Advance
  • Base Spark
  • PCM Spark Adjust
Fuel Status (open/closed loop)
Wastegate Solenoid Duty Cycle
Knock Retard
Knock Sensor Raw Voltage
Throttle Position Percentage
Throttle Position Sensor Volts
Calculated Net Horsepower
Engine Load
Transmission Slip
Current Transmission Gear
Torque Delivered to Transmission
Torque Converter lockup status
Brake pressure
Brake Booster Travel
Steering Angle
Non-driven Wheel Speed
Lateral G's
Yaw
Fuel economy (instantaneous and average)
P-ratio - pressure ratio MAP/Barometer

It's selling at American Muscle for a little under $600 including the pod and the fuel/oil pressure sensor kit.

The basic setup - if you don't what the fuel/oil pressure sensor - just hooks right into the OBD2, so I'm wondering how hard it is to hook the fuel/oil pressure kit.

Seems like a nice customizable solution, but it does have a few drawbacks.
Old 1/1/12, 09:42 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 4pipes
You know, after thinking about it more, the most useful feedback for the track is a bright red, calibrated, low oil pressure light. You don't need to monitor pressure on track, just need to know instaneously if the pressure drops below a certain safe threshold.....in my big block Cobra that is set at 30psi.

After that, coolant temperature is important to know. Oil temperature can get to very high temperatures without damage...say, 135 degrees centigrade. The higher the better to boil off impurities caused by blow by.

So very simply oil pressure, with a warning point and coolant temp with a warning point.

I believe the Boss already has a warning light for low oil pressure, so maybe ECT is all I need.
All in with this, I have a speed of sound 3 gauge pod with Auto Meter Ultra lite Water, Oil temp and Oil Pressure gauges. All 3 have tell tales and warning lights. Set to 230, 250 and 28 PSI respectively. Excellent for track work, a quick glance no red and you know you are OK. They do catch your eye when they come on too, did some tests with them set near normal ranges.
Steve
Old 6/24/12, 09:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Has anyone done this, or gotten an estimate from a Ford dealership on the installation price?
Old 6/25/12, 08:46 PM

I think you can view all of this without an added gauge. I haven't tried it on my Boss yet but I remember reading on here a while back that if you hold down

Setup and Reset while starting the car you can view all of the feed back from the car's sensors. I know it works on my DD 2009 ford focus. I will try it tomorrow to see if it works on the my 12 boss. Just try hold down the 2 right buttons. I think its setup/reset
Old 6/26/12, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

really? I hadn't ever heard that, can't wait to try it.

I really liked having the guages at Track Attack in the LS that I got to drive.
Old 6/27/12, 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

The button thing is a neat trick. It goes through a battery of tests and information. I can't say that I knew what 5/6 of it was, but there were some useful ones.

Last edited by dean_acheson; 7/10/12 at 06:49 AM.
Old 7/6/12, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just got the LS gauges from Blue Oval Industries, and installed by the local dealer for a couple hundred bucks. Its nice have a real temp and oil gauge in a factory setup.

My lateral reading always seems a bit off after calabrating it a few times. It read. 05 left turn in a straight line. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 7/7/12, 01:56 PM
JPC
Bullitt Member

pretty happy with my ultra gauge $77 shipped:
https://themustangsource.com/f813/ul...-gauge-507887/
Old 7/8/12, 07:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JPC
pretty happy with my ultra gauge $77 shipped:
https://themustangsource.com/f813/ul...-gauge-507887/
That is nice, do they make a mount for this?
Old 7/9/12, 03:40 PM
GT Member

My favorite part of the install guide is where Ford found a way to insert an ad for Harbor Freight on page 5.
Old 7/10/12, 06:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yes, I found that funny.

After I calibrate the performance gauge, I get fine readings in forward G, but my lateral G reads off to the left, first only alittle, and then works its way up to .5 G. Here is a photo in the parking lot.

AFter I calibrate it, I normally keep driving. Has anyone else had this issue?

For that matter, I can see the photo when I am putting up the post, but after that, I can't, can you all see the photo that I posted?

Last edited by dean_acheson; 7/10/12 at 07:00 AM.
Old 7/10/12, 10:16 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dean_acheson

For that matter, I can see the photo when I am putting up the post, but after that, I can't, can you all see the photo that I posted?
No Photo on my screen
Old 7/10/12, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

http://bossmustangsonline.com/boss-3...a-seca-gauges/

try that. For some reason this website seems to have gone all nibbles on me.
Old 7/14/12, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ca-gauges.html

The folks at Ford Racing told me that the center gauge is all wonky.

Quick Reply: Laguna gauge pod installation