Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Infamous $750 Ford Rebate

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/11, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infamous $750 Ford Rebate

I understand one forum member was successful in getting the special mailer $750 rebate from Ford while purchasing his new Boss 302. I received my rebate offer by inquiring Ford direct about the Mustang line and specifically the Boss 302. I did receive both a postal mail rebate and one sent via email. My dealer stated those rebates were not valid on the Boss 302. However, looks like some dealers are honoring the rebate. Again, the forum member stated the rebate came from Ford, not the dealer. What's up with this? FYI -- there was no/no caveat in the rebate offer that excluded the Boss 302. Anyone else received the rebate?
Old 6/22/11, 03:11 PM
Cobra Member

It is no longer available on Boss 302. Ford caught that little loophole.
Old 6/22/11, 03:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PACETTR
It is no longer available on Boss 302. Ford caught that little loophole.
Old 6/22/11, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

It might well have been an oversight, but it also could have been random luck or a geographic strategy by FoMoCo. Each voucher had an alphanumeric code; when the dealer punched in the code, the restrictions came up. Some lucky people got a voucher that allowed the rebate on the Boss, others didn't. My voucher was no good, but another TMS member got a voucher from FoMoCo a month or so after me and his was applicable to the Boss.
Old 6/22/11, 03:27 PM

Loophole?

As per my mailer, the rebate is still valid with no mention of the Boss being excluded from the rebate. Regarding the "loophole closure," how does Ford validate that decision after the offer was made and it remains valid? Well, it's kinda sad actually. It does detract from the overall buying experience. That said, I do love the car.
Old 6/22/11, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

https://themustangsource.com/f813/75...t-real-493472/
Old 6/22/11, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by scott001313
As per my mailer, the rebate is still valid with no mention of the Boss being excluded from the rebate. Regarding the "loophole closure," how does Ford validate that decision after the offer was made and it remains valid? Well, it's kinda sad actually. It does detract from the overall buying experience. That said, I do love the car.
When you purchase a car from a dealer they run what is called a vincent, which shows all available programs per the vin, type of purchase, and zip code. While your coupon may be valid, it has a program code which may not be applicable with a Boss Vin. In other words, the program may not even show on this particular report.
Old 6/22/11, 06:35 PM
Cobra Member

No longer available, at least in my region.

Originally Posted by 05-1947
When you purchase a car from a dealer they run what is called a vincent, which shows all available programs per the vin, type of purchase, and zip code. While your coupon may be valid, it has a program code which may not be applicable with a Boss Vin. In other words, the program may not even show on this particular report.
Correct. No programs on VINCENT, again, in my region.
Old 6/22/11, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I was lucky enough to get use it but I was told that Ford may not honor it. The dealer took it anyway.
Old 6/22/11, 07:25 PM
Cobra Member

when i bought my boss there was a valid coupon code around for the boss 302, neither of the two coupons i had were the right one. there was a post around here a few months back where i put the correct code for the discount. im too lazy yo search for it though.
Old 6/22/11, 07:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
when i bought my boss there was a valid coupon code around for the boss 302, neither of the two coupons i had were the right one. there was a post around here a few months back where i put the correct code for the discount. im too lazy yo search for it though.

The code is worthless unless:

A) it is an eligible program on VINCENT
B) it is in the customer's name

IOW you can't just show up with coupon #xxxxxxx and get $750 off; Ford has a database of qualifying buyers with zip codes.
Old 6/23/11, 06:49 AM

Ford Really Dropped the Ball on This One

To rebate, or not to rebate, that is the question. Seems like Ford can't provide a consistent answer. Again, this really detracts from the overall buying experience. Ford should know that Boss buyers paid at least MSRP or over MSRP for these fine automobiles -- so, why the vacillation from Ford over the $750? Seems rather petty.
Old 6/23/11, 06:52 AM
Cobra Member

To rebate, or not to rebate, that is the question. Seems like Ford can't provide a consistent answer. Again, this really detracts from the overall buying experience. Ford should know that Boss buyers paid at least MSRP or over MSRP for these fine automobiles -- so, why the vacillation from Ford over the $750? Seems rather petty.

Because they don't NEED to. They also don't qualify for AXZD-Plan pricing. If you want a consistent answer call your dealer and ask them to check VINCENT on your car.
Old 6/23/11, 06:59 AM

"They Don't Need To?"

Well, I do hope that's not Ford's official customer service policy. As for the rebate, dealers and Ford have a shared responsibility to inform the customer of factory special offers, discounts, and rebates -- don't they? Just my two cents.
Old 6/23/11, 08:57 AM
Cobra Member

Well, I do hope that's not Ford's official customer service policy. As for the rebate, dealers and Ford have a shared responsibility to inform the customer of factory special offers, discounts, and rebates -- don't they? Just my two cents.
I don't know if it's any kind of "official customer service policy", but then again it doesn't fall under customer service. It falls under market days supply and incentives. And this car doesn't need any. Believe me, I wish I could buy mine for D-Plan, but I can't.

As to your second question, no. It's not any more a dealer's "responsibility" to inform you of a rebate as is is for Wal-Mart to tell you that there's a Buy One Get One Free coupon for that box of Twinkies in the Sundy paper.

Also, incentives change all the time. At my store, we won't even tell a customer what the incentives are without a name and zip code so that we can insure that we are providing accurate up-to-date info. We DO look for extra incentives, i.e. the $750 coupon that some will qualify for, but I wouldn't call it a responsibility; more of a courtesy.

Hope this helps.
Old 6/23/11, 09:42 AM

Hey, I and many others received the $750 rebate offer (without asking for same)-- no Boss restrictions were listed -- period. That said, it the rebate did contain other restrictions such as the X Plan. To me that's crystal clear. The offer was un-caveated -- simply put, they changed the rules in the middle of the game.
Old 6/23/11, 09:55 AM
GT Member

Hey, I and many others received the $750 rebate offer (without asking for same)-- no Boss restrictions were listed -- period. That said, it the rebate did contain other restrictions such as the X Plan. To me that's crystal clear. The offer was un-caveated -- simply put, they changed the rules in the middle of the game.
Yeah, the rules and the Price of the vehicle.

Mike
Old 6/23/11, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Scan it and post it up.
Old 6/23/11, 01:00 PM
GT Member

Since the $750 coupon is not valid on the Boss, why don't you just mention to your dealer that you have it, but you know it's not valid on the Boss, and suggest or try and work with him to see if he'll knock a little off MSRP ?? Even if it's only $500 or so, it's still something....

Local guy to me purchased a Boss recently and was able to get over $1000 below MSRP.
Old 6/23/11, 10:38 PM

Rebate Issue

Well, I've already purchased the car and did bring the rebate to the dealer with no joy. However, he did sell the Boss to me for MSRP while no other dealer within the entire Tampa Bay area would entertain anything under $5,000 over sticker. Done and done, just a bit disappointed in the on/off nature of the rebate.