Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Found PP0001 as well !

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/13, 10:17 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found PP0001 as well !

This Laguna Seca is going through the Manhiem sale on the 16th.
It has a FRAME DAMAGE / UNIBODY DAMAGE disclosure, also front apron and front struts replaced.
626 miles VIN 1ZVBP8CU2C5199915 PP0001 Black /Red

IMAGEDESCRIPTIONCONDITIONSEVERITYL ApronPrev Repair FRM DMGAcceptableL Strut TowerPrev Repair FRM DMGAcceptableR ApronPrev Repair FRM DMGAcceptableR Strut TowerPrev Repair FRM DMGAcceptable

Previous Repair-[4 Items]
IMAGEDESCRIPTIONCONDITIONSEVERITYFront Bumper CoverPrev RepairAcceptableHoodPrev RepairAcceptableL Qtr PanelPrev RepairAcceptableR Qtr PanelPrev RepairAcceptable

Miscellaneous-[1 Items]
IMAGEDESCRIPTIONCONDITIONSEVERITYOwners manualsMissingReplacement Required

Repaired
IMAGEDESCRIPTIONCONDITIONSEVERITY
Old 1/7/13, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You couldn't talk me into buying a pre-production car EVER.

Especially one that has frame damage and body damage disclosures. That price couldn't possibly get low enough to make me bite.

Working in the car business as long as I have, and knowing how we treat these cars during the launch events - not a chance.
Old 1/7/13, 10:39 AM
GT Member

Launch event cars are usually MP cars. I've got 15yrs with Ford and thats what we use at the events, and yes those cars get beat on !
PP cars are used in Shows.
Old 1/7/13, 10:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Hardcore friggin show to get frame damaged. Someone drive it off the stage?
Old 1/7/13, 11:41 AM

Well Cristoff,

To be fair, he didn't say what type of "shows" Just Kiddin'.

Curtis
Old 1/7/13, 12:30 PM
GT Member

Transport damage or possibly track damaged, I agree Frame damage is not something you look for, but the PP 0001 is interesting..
Old 1/7/13, 01:51 PM
V6 Member

I would need to see pics of the car before it was repaired showing what all was damaged. You are in the car business so you probably know how the Carfax-type stuff goes - it isn't always as bad (or good) as one might think from reading the reports.

Of course, there are countless stories about early Shelby Cobras, Ferraris, etc being wadded up and then being repaired and re-sold or raced and that has just added to those cars' lore. That might be a bit of a stretch for a Mustang, but call me an optimist!
Old 1/7/13, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is some more info I got from Manheim-
Window Sticker-
https://windowsticker.minacs.com/gen...m=&work_order=

Pictures-
Name:  2300845001.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  81.9 KB
Name:  2300845002.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  81.1 KB
Name:  2300845003.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  52.9 KB
Name:  2300845004.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  69.2 KB
Name:  2300845005.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  57.5 KB
Name:  2300845007.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  76.5 KB
Old 1/7/13, 07:24 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the pics, I couldn't load them correctly. I had the people at manhiem go out and open the hood and read me the PP # ! LOL

I still really like the car even with the disclosure, because its PP0001 !
If its just going to be used for car shows and sit in a garage, why not have #1 ?

We need to keep track of that VIN and see if the next dealer discloses the damage..

I spoke with Ford Performance about getting a owners kit for the PP0005, and they were really excited about the car being released. They said they had one other request for info from another PP owner, and they really understood why we want all the documentation for these special cars. I was able to download the actual window sticker, but not the sticker that said "NOT FOR RETAIL SALE". They had that sticker, but no way to send it to me..

Last edited by PP0005; 1/7/13 at 07:28 PM. Reason: #
Old 1/7/13, 11:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Also it would be the first Boss Made since the 1970's!!
Old 1/8/13, 03:10 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by the5
Also it would be the first Boss Made since the 1970's!!
Almost, the first Bosses are from the Tooling Test build in early Sept 2010. A few of those are now at Miller for TrackAttack.
Old 1/8/13, 09:10 PM
Cobra R Member

I'd buy damage history and all if I already didn't have too many cars and too little space.
Old 1/10/13, 08:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
I'd buy damage history and all if I already didn't have too many cars and too little space.
Agree - and in my case too little money!
Old 5/16/13, 09:54 AM
V6 Member

"PP0001"

Originally Posted by PP0005
Thanks for the pics, I couldn't load them correctly. I had the people at manhiem go out and open the hood and read me the PP # ! LOL

I still really like the car even with the disclosure, because its PP0001 !
If its just going to be used for car shows and sit in a garage, why not have #1 ?

We need to keep track of that VIN and see if the next dealer discloses the damage..

I spoke with Ford Performance about getting a owners kit for the PP0005, and they were really excited about the car being released. They said they had one other request for info from another PP owner, and they really understood why we want all the documentation for these special cars. I was able to download the actual window sticker, but not the sticker that said "NOT FOR RETAIL SALE". They had that sticker, but no way to send it to me..

"PP0001" is alive and well in South Carolina.

I purchased this car back in January after a test drive which included speeds up to 126 MPG in 4th gear. The car excellerated, braked and handled beautifully and the only thing I did was take out the baffle plates from the side exhaust which I have done on my other cars.

What I know about the car is this.

Based on discussions with DST this car was used for TV photo shoots and various other Ford events and was not a track car.

This car was the unveiling Boss 302 LS for SEMA in 2010 and was also shown at the November 2011 San Francisco auto show and also was a display car for the January 2012 Barrett Jackson car auction.

After discussions with AAI in Flat Rock it was confirmed that "PP0001" was built on Monday, October 25th, 2010 and was assembled on the day shift and was the only Boss built that day. "PP0005" was built on Tuesday, October 26th 2010 on the day shift as well along with supposedly a couple other Boss cars but that has not been confirmed.

Despite this car supposedly being in some sort of accident the car drives very well and I will continue to explore what supposedly happened with the car? Did it have an issue unloading off of a transport truck, did some Ford employee take it for a joy ride and get in an accident, who knows? I do have in writing from DST who had this car for the majority of the time that "PP0001" was not involved in any accidents during their possession.

From my standpoint whatever happened to this car just adds to it's provenance and interesting past.

Unless someone can tell me different this is the earliest built new generation Boss 302 or Boss 302 LS in over 40 years that has met Ford's emissions and safety standards and was sold to the general public.

Lastly, I feel very fortunate to be the owner and keeper of a historic Boss 302, namely "PP0001".

Old 5/16/13, 06:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Sweet.
Old 5/17/13, 03:59 AM
FR500 Member

PP0001, you could go to the dealer and ask for an Oasis report on your car. It could show some more details about the build, and more importantly what servicing the car has received.

Congrats on your catch!
Old 5/17/13, 10:23 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
PP0001, you could go to the dealer and ask for an Oasis report on your car. It could show some more details about the build, and more importantly what servicing the car has received.

Congrats on your catch!
Hi Chris:

Thanks for jumping here as I know you have a vast amount of knowledge on these great cars.

About 2 months ago I had an Oasis report done on the car and there was no record of any service done to the car and the only information that was pertinent on the report was the build date of October 25, 2010.

Having said that I may have missed something on the Oasis report and will ask them to print me out another copy of the report to see if I missed anything as the older I get the more easy it is to miss something. If I recall the report showed the warranty starting on January 7, 2011 and the report also showed no recent repair history on the vehicle so everything looks clear with no exceptions for the car.

Lastly, I made contact with Manheim Auto Auctions and they will release to me a "Condition Report" for PP0001 but only on the basis Ford gives them the go ahead. They pulled up the report for me but will not give me any details until Ford gives them the go ahead and after spending days with various departments at Ford I more or less gave up and handed the issue over to the dealer who I bought the car from. O.C. Welch Ford/Lincoln has treated me very well on previous transactions so I am hoping they can obtain this report for me?

I am not hear to hold Ford or the dealership responsible as I knew about this issue prior to purchasing the car and it is more about knowing all about it's past history which obviously is very interesting.

Thanks for your input and I will keep you posted on what I can find out?

Harry

Old 5/17/13, 07:07 PM
GT Member

Hi Harry,
I printed the actual Manhiem Condition report and pasted it to the original thread starter, I wish it would have pasted the same as it was on the report. I also kept a copy of the report for my records, which I still have.
I originally posted this as a WARNING to the prospective buyer. I think the buyer and the dealership should have had a straight forward transaction, with all the correct documentation, and then the buyer can negotiate knowing full well what he or she is buying.
From what you have told me, the dealer may have brushed over the disclosure. But, knowing that, and being a Ford Employee for over 16 yrs, there is certain wording that can be misunderstood.
Frame Damage that is announced at auction, can mean several things. When a vehicle has had any drilling done on the frame for ANY reason, will be announced as damaged. Also if there have been parts bent, broken, then replaced from collision, it will also be announced.
The PP0001 car has other items, other than the frame damage, listed as repaired/replaced, which leads dealers/buyers to believe the car sustained damage at a level that body work had to be done. My thoughts, and only a guess, from the info I was able to gather from the report, was that the replacement of the strut towers is the cause for the Frame Damage disclosure . The Hood/Quarters/Bumper/Front Apron damage were repaired/replaced...and it would be nice to know what happened, but I doubt there is any documentation laying around still.
Ford has a Oasis report for its VIN's, but damage internally, never gets documented on that report. You will find transport damage reports and work orders for repairs listed and billed to the transport companies.
I doubt anything happened at DST or at the Auction, but with my car, the period of time between DST releasing it back to Ford, and it arriving at Manhiem, was several months. Some of that time is spent at a building close to DST, where our show cars were rechecked and stored for further purposes. I would say with pretty good certainty that the damage happened at that location ( with any number of scenario's)
Good luck in your search for the damage documentation, and like I have said before, any PP car is worth owning !

Jason

Last edited by PP0005; 5/17/13 at 07:14 PM. Reason: .
Old 5/17/13, 07:48 PM
V6 Member

Wink

Hi Harry,
I printed the actual Manhiem Condition report and pasted it to the original thread starter, I wish it would have pasted the same as it was on the report. I also kept a copy of the report for my records, which I still have.
I originally posted this as a WARNING to the prospective buyer. I think the buyer and the dealership should have had a straight forward transaction, with all the correct documentation, and then the buyer can negotiate knowing full well what he or she is buying.
From what you have told me, the dealer may have brushed over the disclosure. But, knowing that, and being a Ford Employee for over 16 yrs, there is certain wording that can be misunderstood.
Frame Damage that is announced at auction, can mean several things. When a vehicle has had any drilling done on the frame for ANY reason, will be announced as damaged. Also if there have been parts bent, broken, then replaced from collision, it will also be announced.
The PP0001 car has other items, other than the frame damage, listed as repaired/replaced, which leads dealers/buyers to believe the car sustained damage at a level that body work had to be done. My thoughts, and only a guess, from the info I was able to gather from the report, was that the replacement of the strut towers is the cause for the Frame Damage disclosure . The Hood/Quarters/Bumper/Front Apron damage were repaired/replaced...and it would be nice to know what happened, but I doubt there is any documentation laying around still.
Ford has a Oasis report for its VIN's, but damage internally, never gets documented on that report. You will find transport damage reports and work orders for repairs listed and billed to the transport companies.
I doubt anything happened at DST or at the Auction, but with my car, the period of time between DST releasing it back to Ford, and it arriving at Manhiem, was several months. Some of that time is spent at a building close to DST, where our show cars were rechecked and stored for further purposes. I would say with pretty good certainty that the damage happened at that location ( with any number of scenario's)
Good luck in your search for the damage documentation, and like I have said before, any PP car is worth owning !

Jason
Hi Jason:

Thanks for your input and feedback.

DST has confirmed in writing to me that nothing happened to the car during their possession so if and when something happened to the car it was after their tenure with the car.

I now have an Oasis report in my possession for PP0001 and nothing on the report indicates any damage to the car. The report indicates when the car was built, when the warranty dates started up and that someone from Ford had to acquire prior approval to install the Ford racing parts on the car namely the splitter, brake cooling hoses and the transmission cooler so that was good to see.

Even if I am able to obtain a copy of the Manheim Condition report which may look a little different from what you have posted it will not tell me a whole bunch more than what you have posted.

Unless someone arbitrarily comes out of the woodwork and has an explanation or background for what happened I will just let this issue die a slow death as I don't really need to spend any more time looking for answers for a car that speaks for itself.

As mentioned earlier based on information given to me from DST "PP0001" was a TV photo shoot car and a Ford event car that attended numerous Ford automotive functions which started with the 2010 SEMA show in Las Vegas and ended at the Barrett Jackson auto auction in Scottsdale in January 2012.

I am very fortunate to have obtained 2 original window stickers for the car with the first window sticker indicating that "PP0001" was sold to the Ford Motor Company and was shipped to DST in Romulus Michigan.

The early window sticker also indicates in 2 locations that the "Vehicle Not For Sale" along with no safety and emission ratings. The original window sticker does not make mention of this car being a Laguna Seca model and only lists the car as a 2012 Ford Mustang GT Boss.

Of course the second window sticker is somewhat different from the original window sticker because this was a Pilot Production car and the second window sticker conforms to all of the safety and emission standards.

I am in the process of hopefully obtaining a Boss Owners Kit for this car just as you have and I look forward to receiving it down the road.

Who knows, maybe "PP0001 and "PP0005" may meet up somewhere down the road?

Cheers,

Harry

Old 5/18/13, 05:56 AM
V6 Member

Exhaust Tips on PP0001

Launch event cars are usually MP cars. I've got 15yrs with Ford and thats what we use at the events, and yes those cars get beat on !
PP cars are used in Shows.
Jason, are your rear exhaust tips on "PP0005" a dull aluminum finish or are they a nice shiney chrome finish as on all regular production Boss models?

If you take a close look at the pictures of "PP0001" you will see that my rear exhaust tips are a dull aluminum finish and not a bright chrome finish as on my other cars.

I suggest that after some early exposure at various Ford displays, functions and auto shows such as the SEMA auto show in Las Vegas in November 2010 that Ford got some negative feedback as to why they would build suggest a great car and come up with rear exhaust tips that look unfinished.

Let me know what finish you have on your rear exhaust tips for "PP0005"?

Thanks,

Harry

Quick Reply: Found PP0001 as well !