Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Clutch Pedal on the floor

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/13, 09:16 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JJJTMC
My issue still hasn't been resolved. Waiting on a fix.
Hey JJJTMC,

I escalated this for you again. I’ll have your CSM contact you. Please make another appointment with your dealer.

Deysha
Old 9/30/13, 09:58 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok thank you!
Old 10/6/13, 08:12 AM
V6 Member

Went to the dragstrip this week with spring removed and issues were gone. Previously I had consistent issues of the clutch sticking on the floor on high RPM shifts. No other changes were made.
Old 10/8/13, 06:14 AM
V6 Member

Old 4/6/14, 09:16 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

looking for update
Is there a TSB for this? or a fix?
this happened to me once yesterday
first time
I have 28k miles, high temp fluid clutch fluid
Old 4/6/14, 09:44 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by JPC
looking for update
first time
In my opinon...FORD has screwed all mustang owners that have this problem. The only way ford will be Pro Active on this is for someone to die and I just dont see that happing. Till this day I dont understand why they used the MT-82 and That clutch. Common sense tells you to put in a proven set up from the GT500....Remember RCWALP. If you dont Race the car and only drive it for enjoyment there's not a problem. But we all know that's not the case. We all purchased a car that was advertised as a Track ready car. Well that only holds true with the engine and rear. Everything in between that is worthless if your tracking the car. I waited a long time for this car to be reborn and placed my order in 12/2010. Thank god I love this car so much that I have learned to deal with fords neglect. One thing I'm thankfull for is TMS and other sites. I think if TMS and other sites did not exist I may have Sold my car already. Its great to know of all the problems before they hit you and how to deal with them.
Bottom line is to change the clutch to an aftermarket one and move on.. As many have done.

JT
Old 4/6/14, 12:29 PM
JPC
Bullitt Member

anyone seem this video to remove the clutch return spring?
...thoughts?

Old 4/6/14, 01:47 PM
GT Member

Its not a spring, fluid, or line issue. It is the pressure plate. Try this, put your car in neutral while running and press in the clutch about half way. Rev the engine, you will probably feel a back pressure on the clutch pedal. If you have this you are going to have shifting problems. The geometry is wrong in the pressure plate, and it is pushing back on the throwout bearing, which then under racing rpms and heat, forces all the fluid back into the reservoir. This is when the clutch pedal drops to the floor because the helper spring has no resistance against it. The Mt-82 is getting a bad rap for a faulty pressure plate. Change your clutch to an aftermarket, like an Exedy, and your car will shift wonderfully if you haven't destroyed your syncros already. Ford, email me if you need a good mechanical engineer.
Old 4/7/14, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

There's a tsb on the clutch take her in to your dealership
Old 4/7/14, 08:38 AM
Bullitt Member

On 13-14s they redesigned the spring and when I removed it the sticking got so much worse
Old 4/7/14, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JPC
looking for update
first time
Yes there's a tsb when it happened to my 14 gt I went strait to my plant manager and ordered the part my dealer installed the new clutch no problems since then
Old 4/7/14, 09:00 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 200mphcobra
Its not a spring, fluid, or line issue. It is the pressure plate. Try this, put your car in neutral while running and press in the clutch about half way. Rev the engine, you will probably feel a back pressure on the clutch pedal. If you have this you are going to have shifting problems. The geometry is wrong in the pressure plate, and it is pushing back on the throwout bearing, which then under racing rpms and heat, forces all the fluid back into the reservoir. This is when the clutch pedal drops to the floor because the helper spring has no resistance against it. The Mt-82 is getting a bad rap for a faulty pressure plate. Change your clutch to an aftermarket, like an Exedy, and your car will shift wonderfully if you haven't destroyed your syncros already. Ford, email me if you need a good mechanical engineer.
This is correct. The centrifugal force of the clutch is pulling your clutch engaged. It's an issue of a really light duty clutch. Had the same issue with my cobra with a stock clutch on it. Switched to a Spec 3+ and never had an issue again.
Old 4/8/14, 07:31 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gogoggansgo
Anyone know the TSB number?
I have a 2012 Boss 302
Old 4/8/14, 11:44 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JPC
looking for update
first time
Hello JPC,

You should bring it in to your Ford Dealer and speak with your service manager. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

On 13-14s they redesigned the spring and when I removed it the sticking got so much worse
Thank you for the info, Gogoggansgo!

Deysha
Old 4/8/14, 12:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I brought mine into a dealer for this issue and they just scratched their head trying to figure out how to reproduce the problem...and ultimately did nothing.

EDIT: Called my new dealer and was advised to report it to Ford Customer care, so I did that, and also that I'm welcome to reproduce the problem for a tech, with the tech in the car. That'll be an interesting appointment.

Last edited by wheelman; 4/8/14 at 02:05 PM.
Old 4/8/14, 02:42 PM
V6 Member

If there's a TSB, it's not listed.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ang-TSB-Recall

Also been to the dealership twice as suggested by Deysha for documenting purposes but no fix as of yet.

Last edited by JJJTMC; 4/8/14 at 02:50 PM.
Old 4/9/14, 01:12 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by JJJTMC
If there's a TSB, it's not listed. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ang-TSB-Recall Also been to the dealership twice as suggested by Deysha for documenting purposes but no fix as of yet.
If you're looking to latemodelreatoration to find the latest TSB's, you're looking in the wrong place. TSB's are to help dealer techs properly and quickly diagnose common issues. Just because there is a TSB doesn't mean it will fix your car or that you can demand the work be done. It's not a recall. Just a diagnosis aid that may be subject to change as repairs and root causes are confirmed. If there is a TSB on the problem you are experiencing, it only means that Ford is aware of a common issue and they are working on the issue and the repair procedure.
Old 4/15/14, 03:02 PM
V6 Member

I'm certain all on here are aware of what a TSB is, and there's not one for the clutch stay out as of yet that I have come across, or the dealership. I only referenced late model's list because someone above stated that there is a TSB out without referencing a number.

We are all still waiting on a fix, maybe more importantly, for Ford to acknowledge officially that there's an issue. I'm a believer (and agree with you!) that it's the centrifugal force created by the high rpm's, but I'm not an engineer.

Last edited by JJJTMC; 4/15/14 at 03:03 PM.
Old 5/6/14, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
bump for TSB #
Old 5/12/14, 09:33 AM
JPC
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello JPC,

You should bring it in to your Ford Dealer and speak with your service manager. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Thank you for the info, Gogoggansgo!

Deysha
Deyshai
I brought the Boss into Ford dealer, could not repeat problem, so they did not do anything.
then it happened again this Sat about 5 times
I have now an call into Ford dealer again

I BELIEVE the clutch master cylinder is going bad
not shifting easy from 3rd to 4th at WOT then clutch pedal does not return up.
I've been reading postings that MANY MT82 owners (both Mustang & Boss) have similar problems.

Ford NEEDS to start fixing/replacing these MT82 trannys
At this point, I have no interest in a 2015 Mustang GT or any other future Mustang until Ford addresses this long and well known problem.

Jerry Cecco
972-838-7768

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal on the floor