Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Clutch Pedal on the floor

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/13, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clutch Pedal on the floor

I have experienced the 7,000 RPM clutch stays on the floor situation recently.

There also must be a clutch disengagement problem too as shifting would be difficult in the higher operating RPM's

I have flushed the fluid out of the clutch line and replaced it with DOT 4 fluid . Then vacuum bleed the system , which did not alleviate the problem.

I seen this discussed , and the consensus is to remove the "assist spring" .

Has anyone taken the car in to the dealer Under Warranty and reported this problem? Did they have a solution? Did they fix the problem? If yes , what did they do.
Old 7/10/13, 12:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The removal of the assist spring took care of the problem I had with the pedal sticking to the floor, but not the problem with high RPM shifting. Even the MGW I put in only partially helped with that. I think we just have crappy clutches and transmissions. Nothing that a T-56 Magnum XL and a McLeod clutch on't take care of!
Old 7/10/13, 10:52 PM
GT Member

Oh buy the way the T-56 magnum is about six grand and another thousand for the clutch set up. Ouch
The following users liked this post:
14 5.0stang (4/4/20)
Old 7/11/13, 06:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by maddog2
Oh buy the way the T-56 magnum is about six grand and another thousand for the clutch set up. Ouch
Eh it is a little cheaper if you use the JPC swap they have dons, I believe. On the other hand removal of the spring has helped but doesn't fix the issue as some have stated on BMO and here as well. I think people have brought it into dealers and they haven't done much if anything. SVTP's Hybred loved her car but couldn't deal with the issues and eventually bought a CTSV wagon. (so jelly)
Old 7/15/13, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

You may want to swap the clutch fluid for some higher temp/performance stuff just as a cheap way to see if that takes care of it.
Old 7/15/13, 02:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by ConeBoss
You may want to swap the clutch fluid for some higher temp/performance stuff just as a cheap way to see if that takes care of it.
DOT 4 should be better then the stock stuff.
Old 7/17/13, 07:47 AM
V6 Member

I only had this pedal sticking problem once. I upgraded to JPC SS clutch line and never experienced it again. But others claim this does not solve it for them.
I also have high temp DOT4. YMMV

PS. I also just got done with the JPC Magnum Conversion kit with RXT clutch....
Old 7/17/13, 08:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by DGRacing
I only had this pedal sticking problem once. I upgraded to JPC SS clutch line and never experienced it again. But others claim this does not solve it for them.
I also have high temp DOT4. YMMV

PS. I also just got done with the JPC Magnum Conversion kit with RXT clutch....
You should post a write up about it.
Old 7/17/13, 09:03 AM
V6 Member

I will. Taking it to VIR this weekend. Will report after that.
Old 7/25/13, 11:29 AM
V6 Member

Ford Customer Service contacted me after Deysha notified them of my issues with the pedal stayout. Went to the local dealership who was previously contacted before my arrival, they sent notice to Ford engineering in regards to the problem. The old 2011 TSB obviously isn't applicable, however, they are currently aware of the ongoing issue but as of yet no fix is in sight. She stated that the more notices that get sent to Ford engineering, the more likely a fix would come quicker vs later. We shall see .......
Old 7/25/13, 12:44 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JJJTMC
Ford Customer Service contacted me after Deysha notified them of my issues with the pedal stayout. Went to the local dealership who was previously contacted before my arrival, they sent notice to Ford engineering in regards to the problem. The old 2011 TSB obviously isn't applicable, however, they are currently aware of the ongoing issue but as of yet no fix is in sight. She stated that the more notices that get sent to Ford engineering, the more likely a fix would come quicker vs later. We shall see .......
Thank you for the update, JJJTMC!

Deysha
Old 7/25/13, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Thank you for the update, JJJTMC!

Deysha
So here is an aftermarket solution that sounds logical and relatively low cost. Ford racing already has a similar solution they use for the Boss 302S & 302R...maybe they should just make a it a TSB replacement part. (Watch the video.)

http://www.hecticparts.com/products/...TTING-KIT.html
Old 7/25/13, 02:36 PM
V6 Member

Sweeet video, and does seem logical.
Old 7/25/13, 03:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So here is an aftermarket solution that sounds logical and relatively low cost. Ford racing already has a similar solution they use for the Boss 302S & 302R...maybe they should just make a it a TSB replacement part. (Watch the video.)

http://www.hecticparts.com/products/...TTING-KIT.html
Some guys have said the lines do work, others say they don't. I think though after changing the clutch people say these issues go away. Taking the spring off seems to also help, and if done correctly you can always replace it.
Old 9/26/13, 02:27 PM

I'm experiencing the clutch pedal not coming all the way up with a high RPM shift. Happened twice. I thought I broke something at first.....I've read these post, but has anyone found a cure through a dealer or their own experiments? This really makes a disappointing aspect to an otherwise outstanding car....
Old 9/26/13, 07:41 PM
GT Member

Why is the Ford racing replacement clutch line over $200? I have seen several others for $60 to $100. Is the Ford part better?
Old 9/27/13, 04:52 AM

Maddog, I'm wondering the same thing. Does anyone have any experence with both? Are they the same?
Old 9/27/13, 11:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

I was in the same position a year ago. This confirms my decision to trade-in my 2012 Boss was a good decision, as engineering was aware of the ongoing issue back then, also with no fix in sight back then. I couldn't enjoy the Boss with the clutch not working above 7K RPM.

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 9/27/13 at 11:16 AM.
Old 9/27/13, 01:24 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBoss302
I'm experiencing the clutch pedal not coming all the way up with a high RPM shift. Happened twice. I thought I broke something at first.....I've read these post, but has anyone found a cure through a dealer or their own experiments? This really makes a disappointing aspect to an otherwise outstanding car....
Hey RedBoss302,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 9/30/13, 07:37 AM
V6 Member

My issue still hasn't been resolved. Waiting on a fix.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal on the floor