2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Future Ford technology

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/13, 09:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future Ford technology

I saw this today, not sure if this is the right place for this post, but he talks about the Mustang. Can't wait to see what doors this opens.

Old 7/28/13, 01:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Does this kid not know that sticks are dying? I live in a county with 1.5 million people and there were exactly four manual Mustangs when I bought my GT in 07.

Last edited by Von Bek; 7/28/13 at 01:23 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 7/28/13, 08:18 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sure there were....

As for the technology, the possibilities are endless when you live in a day/age where everyone is hyper-connected to a smartphone/tablet/computer.
I really wouldn't be surprised to see Bluetooth and direct USB connections allow more interfaces with cars and its primary or secondary systems.
Old 7/28/13, 08:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thx for sharing Eric. Interesting find.

Nice job this guy's got at Ford, trying out new gizmos and getting to test them in Mustang's.

As for the above comment, i don't see the MT's dying anytime soon, at least not on this continent.
Old 7/28/13, 07:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I went to the movies today ( to watch the wolverine) and went in the theatre about 15 mins before it started to get a good seat. While I was waiting, there was a Ford commercial. I thought it was the Fusion commercial so I ignored it for a couple seconds, and then they showed a new car, a two door car. It was mostly hidden due to lighting and then they showed " October 2013" and that was it.
Now I have looked on the Internet and haven't found that commercial, the background in the commercial did look a lot like the background in the "a rose" fusion commercial but it wasn't it.
Old 7/28/13, 10:12 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,964 Likes on 1,589 Posts
It's possible James the commercial you saw could very well be the 15 Mustang
Old 7/28/13, 11:53 PM

I can't find that commercial anywhere lol
Old 7/29/13, 01:23 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Well if it said October '13 it doesnt seem to coincide with any special day in Mustang history. However, Ford may have a Fusion coupe ready to unleash to the masses
Old 7/29/13, 05:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

not trying to spread rumors or anything, just wanna let people know about that commercial or if anyone else has seen it, to let us know what it was.
Originally Posted by BlackSunshine50
I can't find that commercial anywhere lol
Me neither

Originally Posted by CCTking

Well if it said October '13 it doesnt seem to coincide with any special day in Mustang history. However, Ford may have a Fusion coupe ready to unleash to the masses
Yeah, I'm not sure what they would reveal, could be the a fusion coupe , as the front end did kind of look like it, but due to clever lighting, you could not clearly see it in the timespan that they showed it ( about 2 seconds)
Old 7/29/13, 05:15 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shurtual86
not trying to spread rumors or anything, just wanna let people know about that commercial or if anyone else has seen it, to let us know what it was. Me neither Yeah, I'm not sure what they would reveal, could be the a fusion coupe , as the front end did kind of look like it, but due to clever lighting, you could not clearly see it in the timespan that they showed it ( about 2 seconds)
Idk, just the october date is throwin me off
Old 7/29/13, 08:36 AM

Interesting concept, though the whole concept of virtual feedback, vs. the real thing, makes me a bit nervous. It brings up thoughts of the various sound "symposers" now out there, peaking in absurdity with the BMW M5's (of all cars in the universe) actually piping in faux exhaust sounds through the stereo. Whoever came up with that idea should be shot, beaten, then shot again.

Also, electric steering systems, with their electric feedback, still can't hold a candle against a good hydraulic system (never mind a telepathic full manual system like a Lotus Elise/Exige).

However, as a feedback adjunct, rather than replacement, I can see a place for such things.
Old 7/29/13, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by CCTking
Yea your right ! As were all aware the 15 Mustang won't be introduced until April of 2014 and more than likely at the New York Auto Show which does coincide with the 50th anniversary..

However, It would also be nice to see a Fusion coupe as well..
Old 7/30/13, 05:34 AM

I'll throw my two cents into the rumor mill, which is all this is at this point
IF it was a Mustang teaser with an Oct 13 date attached... that would be 6 months before the projected release. Seems like it'd be an appropriate amount of time to generate interest in the new model prior to release. I'm not in tune with production cycles, so this is 100% conjecture on my part, but where does Oct fall in the production cycle? Would it make sense to stop producing 2014 MYs at that point and start producing the S550?

Then again, it could just be a Fusion coupe.

Old 7/30/13, 06:05 AM
V6 Member

OK back to reality.... It was a BMW commercial. I just saw it last night in the theater after asking OP what theater it was in.

How or why you thought this was a Ford commercial is beyond me. It was clearly the new 4-series, they even put up the #un4gettable hastag at the end (the constant "4" reference should've been a clue) and then "Coming this October" ..... then they followed that one up with another 4-series commercial right after.

Last edited by MRiley; 7/30/13 at 06:06 AM.
Old 7/30/13, 06:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MRiley
OK back to reality.... It was a BMW commercial. I just saw it last night in the theater after asking OP what theater it was in.

How or why you thought this was a Ford commercial is beyond me. It was clearly the new 4-series, they even put up the #un4gettable hastag at the end (the constant "4" reference should've been a clue) and then "Coming this October" ..... then they followed that one up with another 4-series commercial right after.
Old 7/30/13, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Yea your right ! As were all aware the 15 Mustang won't be introduced until April of 2014 and more than likely at the New York Auto Show which does coincide with the 50th anniversary..

However, It would also be nice to see a Fusion coupe as well..
Dang, I missed this announcement from Ford. I know there has been a lot of rumor and assumption that this would be the release date, but I'm glad to know that Ford finally officially announced this.
Old 7/30/13, 10:00 AM
Cobra R Member

that makes more sense. he did say he wasn't paying attention..

Originally Posted by rhumb
Interesting concept, though the whole concept of virtual feedback, vs. the real thing, makes me a bit nervous. It brings up thoughts of the various sound "symposers" now out there, peaking in absurdity with the BMW M5's (of all cars in the universe) actually piping in faux exhaust sounds through the stereo. Whoever came up with that idea should be shot, beaten, then shot again.

Also, electric steering systems, with their electric feedback, still can't hold a candle against a good hydraulic system (never mind a telepathic full manual system like a Lotus Elise/Exige).

However, as a feedback adjunct, rather than replacement, I can see a place for such things.
Old 7/30/13, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by AWmustang
Dang, I missed this announcement from Ford. I know there has been a lot of rumor and assumption that this would be the release date, but I'm glad to know that Ford finally officially announced this.
I believe you misunderstood my post, as this was not an official announcement from Ford..

It is only my assumption that Ford will not introduce the 15MY until the upcoming New York Auto Show in April.. I assume this because we know the original Mustang was introduced at the New York State World's Fair on April 17, 1964 and being as the 2014 New York Auto Show falls on the exact date of the 50th anniversary, I just don't see how it would make much sense if Ford were to introduce the next gen Mustang just prior to the 50th anniversary date.. Just my $.02

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 7/30/13 at 03:36 PM.
Old 7/30/13, 03:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

There were no hashtags in the commercial I saw, or any mentioning of "4" so that's not the commercial I saw.
And there was a large Ford emblem/sign at the end.
Old 7/30/13, 04:12 PM
V6 Member

Ok but you do realize what a huge coincidence this would be right?

Here is what you described to me:

"they use clever lighting to sort of hide the front and rear end ( they showed the side view of the car ). It only comes up at the end of the commercial and for about 2 seconds then they say October 2013."

And here is what I saw (I took a video and here are screen captures). This is the side view silhouette...hidden by clever lighting... comes on for a few seconds at the end of the commercial.. then it says "Coming this October"

Future Ford technology-photo-1.jpg

Future Ford technology-photo-2.jpg

And there was a hashtag right after the silhouette was shown for a brief second.

Quick Reply: Future Ford technology