2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Adaptive cruise control... yes or no?

Old 7/30/14, 07:53 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adaptive cruise control... yes or no?

Seems like a pretty cool option...

Those that are ordering, are you getting this option?

I ordered a 2015 GT Premium, 50th Anniversary Appearance package, with pretty much every other option besides the adaptive cruise control, but the dealer said he can still add it if I'd like.

Just looking for some opinions.
Old 7/30/14, 09:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Well it's not my money, but if you ordered every other option I would suspect that you have the cash to add this one.

Unless you think it would detract from the car, why not add it? The time to save money is when you choose to buy a Hyundai instead of a Mustang, not cutting corners on your new Mustang one you're committed.
Old 7/30/14, 10:21 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Have this on my wife's 12 Jeep GC Overland and it is awesome. Nice to not have to keep cancelling and resuming your cruise, really great for City freeway driving. Not getting a 15 Stang, but I will be putting this option on any vehicle I buy in the future when it is offered.
Old 7/30/14, 10:33 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How much freeway driving do you plan on doing? That would answer the question for me.
Old 7/31/14, 04:23 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
My wife's (our) 2014 Edge has it. I love it. If someone cuts in front of you, it will apply the brakes until it reaches the distance you have it set at. Pretty cool thing
Old 7/31/14, 06:54 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
How much freeway driving do you plan on doing? That would answer the question for me.
About 50/50.

Thanks for all the feedback. I emailed the dealer this morning to add it.

It also changes the bottom grille. But since I ordered the 50th Anniversary Appearance Package, I think it would have already come with the non-honeycomb, non-fang lower grille. At least according to the many front-end pictures I've been researching.

Thanks again...
Old 7/31/14, 07:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
About 50/50. Thanks for all the feedback. I emailed the dealer this morning to add it. It also changes the bottom grille. But since I ordered the 50th Anniversary Appearance Package, I think it would have already come with the non-honeycomb, non-fang lower grille. At least according to the many front-end pictures I've been researching. Thanks again...
I say good call. For the reg gt I wouldn't bc of the lower grill change. But with the 50th upper grill it will look ok.
Old 7/31/14, 07:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I am a bif fan of never getting these electronic nannies.

Here why: You become dependent on them. If you drive a car with out them you weill assume the other car has them and will get into an accident. I have seen this happen.

Most require some type of computer adn electronics. Well enough said They brake. They also require a stable voltage and we know this is not always the case when you start modding these cars. My girlfreind has an Infiniti that has it. In the rain it is terrible. It sees everything as a obstickle. Some times when a car passes it see's it as a threat and wants to stop. Not for me... Remember Toyota. I want a direct connection to my brakes...
Old 7/31/14, 07:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I am a bif fan of never getting these electronic nannies. Here why: You become dependent on them. If you drive a car with out them you weill assume the other car has them and will get into an accident. I have seen this happen. Most require some type of computer adn electronics. Well enough said They brake. They also require a stable voltage and we know this is not always the case when you start modding these cars. My girlfreind has an Infiniti that has it. In the rain it is terrible. It sees everything as a obstickle. Some times when a car passes it see's it as a threat and wants to stop. Not for me... Remember Toyota. I want a direct connection to my brakes...
Really good points.
Old 7/31/14, 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I would kill for this feature. Sometimes I think I'm the only driver in the world who actually uses cruise control. Everyone else randomly speeds up and slows down on the highway...drives me nuts.
Old 7/31/14, 08:00 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by mfc133
I would kill for this feature. Sometimes I think I'm the only driver in the world who actually uses cruise control. Everyone else randomly speeds up and slows down on the highway...drives me nuts.

I use cruise control but I pay attention. Allows me to be in control not electronics.
Old 7/31/14, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

I say get adaptive cruise control, lane change warning, automatic braking, and any other features that takes control of a car away from the driver. That way we can sleep while we drive and it won't matter whether we drive a Smart4Two or a Ferrari because they will all feel the same.

BTW, did I turn on the sarcasm font?
Old 7/31/14, 08:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
We have this in our Explorer and we absolutely love it. We have used it in Florida down pours and never had a problem. Also, the forward collision warning is just that, a warning. It only applies the brakes if you are using cruise. If you are not using cruise the collision warning will sound a chime and blink a row a red LEDs in the windshield, but it will do nothing to stop you from hitting the thing it detected if you don't hit the brakes.

There have been a number of times that it has alerted us to debris in the road that we couldn't see yet. Allowing more time to plan an avoidance maneuver.
Old 8/1/14, 08:51 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered a 2015 GT Premium, 50th Anniversary Appearance package, with pretty much every other option besides the adaptive cruise control, but the dealer said he can still add it if I'd like.
Congrats on your new order, 89Trooper! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Deysha
Old 8/1/14, 12:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Congrats on your new order, 89Trooper! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Deysha
Awesome! PM sent!
Old 8/1/14, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just looking for some opinions.
i did get it on my '15 order.
Old 8/1/14, 03:01 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I wasn't a fan of it on the MKC I had a couple weekends ago, but a nice option. And the settings may be different on select FMC vehicles . . .
Old 8/1/14, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Overloading on electronics?

I work with computers, but recognize just how many problems can show up.
Service Dept. workers need an Master's Degree in electronics to fix some of the problems that show up.
My Ford F150 had a 'dash chip' glitch occur. While sitting in Park, my digital speedometer began speed up to 150+ mph! Then the engine conked out.
The truck had to be towed to the dealership. They then tried to start the engine and I pointed out that the odometer was still going high speed in park!
They pulled the battery cables. The odometer gained more than 7,000 miles in less than 10 minutes. I asked if they would add that many miles to the warranty. Was told "Not possible, whatever the odometer says, controls the end of the warranty!"
Scenario...you are using the adaptive cruise so frequently that you always depend on it to slow you down if you get too close to the car ahead of you. The cruise chip burps and doesn't slow the car, but you are expecting it to slow down automatically. Whoops at 70 mph!

Last edited by tsunami; 8/1/14 at 03:42 PM.
Old 8/1/14, 05:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tsunami
I work with computers, but recognize just how many problems can show up. Service Dept. workers need an Master's Degree in electronics to fix some of the problems that show up. My Ford F150 had a 'dash chip' glitch occur. While sitting in Park, my digital speedometer began speed up to 150+ mph! Then the engine conked out. The truck had to be towed to the dealership. They then tried to start the engine and I pointed out that the odometer was still going high speed in park! They pulled the battery cables. The odometer gained more than 7,000 miles in less than 10 minutes. I asked if they would add that many miles to the warranty. Was told "Not possible, whatever the odometer says, controls the end of the warranty!" Scenario...you are using the adaptive cruise so frequently that you always depend on it to slow you down if you get too close to the car ahead of you. The cruise chip burps and doesn't slow the car, but you are expecting it to slow down automatically. Whoops at 70 mph!
That's crazy. So what happened with the extra miles?

Also I don't think anyone expects or has the time in that situation to think "it's ok, my car will stop on its own so I don't have to." It's for last spilt second stops.

The idea of getting used to it and not reacting is ridiculous.
Old 8/1/14, 06:33 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
The idea of getting used to it and not reacting is ridiculous.
I agree.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adaptive cruise control... yes or no?