2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/12, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
(anyone else get an "invalid attachment" error message if you try to expand the lower one?)
Nope, works for me.
Old 2/17/12, 02:52 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jagreb
Are there any images of the front of this version? I've seen the back pics, but have only seen his rendering of the front of the Evos inspired Mustang. Anyone have front views? Thanks!!

Similar to the S197.....but a much bigger jump than '09-'10

I really like it.

Old 2/17/12, 02:55 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Nope, works for me.
Weird....it's working for me now!

Cheers
Paul
Old 2/17/12, 08:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like it.

Are u serious? This looks almost exactly like what we already have now but with one of any number of different front bumper covers that are available aftermarket.

I am sure there are much bigger plans than this for the next Mustang..

Last edited by watchdevil; 2/17/12 at 08:59 PM.
Old 2/17/12, 08:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Topnotch
Tweeked Sean Smiths Design a wee bit...
It doesn't look right to me..
Old 2/17/12, 10:09 PM
V6 Member

I'm totally digging this design. If that were it, I'd be in line to buy.

Well done, Sean Smith.

I really like it.

Old 2/17/12, 10:14 PM
V6 Member

Not that I would have a problem with this design, though. Aston Martin + Mustang? Yeah, I think I can live with the two most iconic performance cars ever blended together.

Official renderings, huh....So, why would these be drawn up and released if there wasn't something important about them? They've GOT to mean something.........don't they?

It's been a long time since these were posted......but the more info leaks out, the more they may be relevant.

We're hearing about a mix of Mustang and Aston Martin. Well..........

And these are official Ford renderings........

Last edited by jagreb; 2/17/12 at 10:16 PM.
Old 2/18/12, 02:01 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
Are u serious? This looks almost exactly like what we already have now but with one of any number of different front bumper covers that are available aftermarket.

I am sure there are much bigger plans than this for the next Mustang..
If it were up to me? Yep, deadly serious. Take the DNA of the S197, maybe change the dimensions to reduce overhangs, add a full fastback, lower the roofline a tad (not as low as the Camaro, mind) then add a fresh dose of attitude to the bodypanels......more edge to it. Make it smaller, make it lighter, offer smaller, more efficient engines, but don't lose that classic Mustang look

Think of it this way.....if you describe these 3 cars, they'd sound the same. But the execution for each is very different.

The S197 took the DNA of the 65-68 Fastbacks and fast-forwarded 40 years. I'd like the next-gen to take the S197 DNA and move it on, say 15 years.

Old 2/18/12, 02:03 AM
GTR Member

Official renderings, huh....So, why would these be drawn up and released if there wasn't something important about them? They've GOT to mean something.........don't they?
Yep, they were official......they were rendering of possible 2010 bodystyles and they hit the internet shortly after the '10 was released.

Interesting to see what they were already thinking back whenever pen first hit paper for these
Old 2/18/12, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

Not that I would have a problem with this design, though. Aston Martin + Mustang? Yeah, I think I can live with the two most iconic performance cars ever blended together.

I tend to hope not. They look way too bulbous and blocky to me. I'd hope the next Mustang is much more lean and svelte.

Frankly, I've yet to see anything lately, in the way of renderings, that looks very good at all to my eye. I loved Burningman's initial 3/4 rearview rendering he did a while back, but didn't care for the finished product.
Old 2/19/12, 12:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd love lean and svelte as well. Give it the muscles and definition of a dancer rather than a football player. I want a Mustang that keeps the DNA but looks timeless and light on its feet. Pack the bulging "muscle" under the hood.
Old 2/19/12, 12:08 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
I'd love lean and svelte as well. Give it the muscles and definition of a dancer rather than a football player. I want a Mustang that keeps the DNA but looks timeless and light on its feet. Pack the bulging "muscle" under the hood.
Couldn't agree more!
Old 2/20/12, 09:28 AM
V6 Member

I made some changes, I love it but there is something bothering me about it... I can't put my finger on it.

Edit: TN, I went with the original Sean rear end and made some adjustments.

Edit #2: Version 9 (slim fascia) and Version 11 added.
Attached Images     

Last edited by thePill; 2/20/12 at 12:00 PM.
Old 2/20/12, 01:12 PM
V6 Member

I didn't receive any great feedback from the previous concept. Here is my 2015 Mustang SVT Cobra concept. It is based off of Madd Maxx 4's Interceptor (Made by Ford) and has heavy Ford Evos influence. Still needs side mirrors...

I call it the SVT Cobra T.

Edit: Version 2

Edit 2: 2015 Mystic Cobra
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-svtcobrat.jpg   2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-svtcobrat2.jpg   2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-svtcobrat5.jpg  

Last edited by thePill; 2/20/12 at 01:53 PM.
Old 2/20/12, 03:38 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Cabin looks a little snug
Old 2/20/12, 03:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Moosetang
Cabin looks a little snug
Since there is an increase in track width, the interior should be as spacious as a New Edge. If Control Blade IRS is used, the backseat room would grow larger due to the compact design.

Edit: Opened up the interior a bit...
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-svtcobrat7.jpg  

Last edited by thePill; 2/20/12 at 03:59 PM.
Old 2/20/12, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love that caricature aka cartoon. More Vette than Mustang proportions.
Old 2/20/12, 11:30 PM
GTR Member

My problem with these Evos/Mad Max themed 'chops, great though they are, is that, take the badges off and you'd be hard pressed to know they're a Mustang.

A Mustang should be instantly recognisable. Take this, for example, couldn't be anything but a Mustang:

Old 2/21/12, 05:20 AM
V6 Member

I understand TT, there are a lot of enthusiast that are really fixed on the "recognizable" but I feel that most are having a hard time letting go of the S197 design. Just as the 5th Gen guys will absolutely hate the 6th Gen, there has to be an evolution in the Mustang design, retaining styling cues but demonstrating that the Mustang has 50 more years left in it.

I downgraded the headlights to the Fusion's, I also added the Mach III nostrils and side mirrors. I'll add a horse in the grille and dub it the "Mach 5"

If Ford showed me a concept like this and it had a reasonable price tag, I would no doubt drop whatever I was doing and put money down. A blue collar sports car...

There is always a lot of enthusiast confusion during a redesign, the 1971, 1974, 1979, 1994 and 2005. Some immediately embrace the car (Mustang Mach III) and some never grow to like it (1979 Ghia). The most important part of this new 50th anniversary car will be the "spirit of the original" and that spirit wasn't the fact that it looked like a Mustang... Nobody knew what a Mustang was... The spirit was that it had the ability to drop jaws and everyone could be a movie star. It was all the faces pressed against the glass and the long lines to see the car... The Mustang is a Mustang because it continuously redefines the segment for others to follow...

The Evos sparked something, it would be a huge error to not put one on steroids and slap a pony on the grille...

Edit: Body and cabin widened in pic 2, pony emblem added in Mach 5 concept.

A Rob Jensen concept sketch Ford put on their Facebook page a few months ago.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-svtcobrat10.jpg   2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-svtcobrat13.jpg  

Last edited by thePill; 2/21/12 at 06:09 AM.
Old 2/21/12, 05:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm really NOT trying to beat a dead horse here but I just want to go through some things. The most influential designs of automobile have been the classic Mustang and the Porsche 911. I realize that the two probably shouldn't be compared but it's hard not to. Ford eventually realized what designs worked well for the Mustang. Not to take away from the fact that the SN95 should have made way for a new Mustang design for the rest of time, but apparently Ford just wasn't happy with it. And not to say that the Mustang hasn't had a great deal of redesigns over time. Much more so than the Porsche. But the signature looks cannot be ignored.

I disagree that retro styling HAS to look OLD. The new 911 looks far from old but supremely pays homage to old 911 design. And it has been using this formula for years. I don't think that it's a stick up someone's bum that they have to have a "retro" Mustang because classic looks do not equate to "retro" necessarily. A lot of enthusiast realize that there is something to build off of there and run with it. Porsche has been able to keep it classy and updated all at the same time. So I'm going to run a few pictures here even though I don't have a lot of time to fully discuss where I'm going with this, I will try to piece it together later.

Last edited by Automagically; 2/21/12 at 05:55 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread