Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Suspension Issue

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/14, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Issue

I'm having a suspension issue.. Not sure what it is. Car is lowered on ground control coilovers, adjustable lower control arms , relocation brackets, and BMR panhard bar.

Previously, it was intermittent on occassional streets (the more bumpy ones). Now it's accelerating, hard and soft. I believe it's on the passenger rear , not sure if the sounds can be heard outside either. Should be hooking up the gopro soon. But if anyone has heard this sound before, any advice would be great.

Everything below is tightened.. Also, Ford replaced the axle 6 months ago, not sure if that had anyhting to contribute to the sound as the sound was always there.
Also, i've noticed over 100 the car begins to shake. I was thinking it could be the pinion angle. It's not the tires/wheels cause I've ran two different sets on them.

See video below

Last edited by jjwon3; 4/13/14 at 01:31 PM. Reason: updates
Old 4/17/14, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds like a similar squeak that we have on our 800 mile car. It's going in Tuesday for it's second repair on this same issue. I've read that it could be sway bar bushings or lower control arm bushings. I can't believe it's so common on so many low mile cars and Ford hasn't permanently fixed this yet.
Old 4/17/14, 05:53 PM

wow mines going in on Tuesday as well. I thought it was cause I was lowered but I definitely think it could be the sway bar. my friend rode in the back and it seems that the vibration is knocking on the chassis behind the upper strut bracket. let me know if they are able to fix ur issue.

Originally Posted by scottmoyer
Sounds like a similar squeak that we have on our 800 mile car. It's going in Tuesday for it's second repair on this same issue. I've read that it could be sway bar bushings or lower control arm bushings. I can't believe it's so common on so many low mile cars and Ford hasn't permanently fixed this yet.
Old 4/17/14, 10:51 PM

upper control arm loose bolt.