Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Repeat clutch issue on my car...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/11, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Repeat clutch issue on my car...thoughts?

So just after getting my car back for a month long vacation to get a new MT82, just one week later, the clutch goes out.

After spirited driving, the clutch went to the floor during a 5-4 shift, and stayed there. I didn't notice until I was looking to go to 4-3, and while the pedal was down, the clutch was definitely not letting go, you could feel a bit of feathering with the pedal at the floor, but not enough to get it into gear.

I was 200 miles from home, so after mulling my options, I decided to bump-start the car in first, then rev match gear selection with minimal changes for the trip (mostly highway, and I lucked out encountering no red lights on the way home or stop signs, coasted in with barely 10 shifts made).

So now I'm at a loss. Given that my car had the same issue around 10,000 miles, then also needed a transmission at 20,000 (for an unrelated noise), I doubt the dealer/Ford will even think about servicing the car. Even more frustrating is that this mustang hasn't visited a drag strip, completed a burnout, and outside that, I feel that I'm an extremely smooth driver that understands the value in not shocking the drivetrain during shifts. Especially a brand new MT82.

So I don't know what to do.
Old 10/3/11, 10:49 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Your clutch is hydraulic right? I would check for fluid under the car. And back to the dealer I guess huh?
Old 10/3/11, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptDistraction
So just after getting my car back for a month long vacation to get a new MT82, just one week later, the clutch goes out.

After spirited driving, the clutch went to the floor during a 5-4 shift, and stayed there. I didn't notice until I was looking to go to 4-3, and while the pedal was down, the clutch was definitely not letting go, you could feel a bit of feathering with the pedal at the floor, but not enough to get it into gear.

I was 200 miles from home, so after mulling my options, I decided to bump-start the car in first, then rev match gear selection with minimal changes for the trip (mostly highway, and I lucked out encountering no red lights on the way home or stop signs, coasted in with barely 10 shifts made).

So now I'm at a loss. Given that my car had the same issue around 10,000 miles, then also needed a transmission at 20,000 (for an unrelated noise), I doubt the dealer/Ford will even think about servicing the car. Even more frustrating is that this mustang hasn't visited a drag strip, completed a burnout, and outside that, I feel that I'm an extremely smooth driver that understands the value in not shocking the drivetrain during shifts. Especially a brand new MT82.

So I don't know what to do.
It could be something the dealer messed up, like was stated maybe clutch fluid leaking or air got into it. My dealer is really cool but the tech there didn't exactly tighten everything on my car when he was done. I would take it back and see what they say, if its not some strange phantom problem that only happens at certain rpms/gears/time of day/during a full moon then it should be obvious to them.

It really sucks but going back to the dealer is about all you can do, I think lemon laws are different per state but once it spends so many days in the shop I think you can start that. That would suck bad though.

Originally Posted by Cbaty08
Take it in to the dealership, record everything that happens, and never let Deysha the online rep know who you are.

They monitor these boards heavily and will stalk you for reals.
r u cereal?
Old 10/3/11, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Take it in to the dealership, record everything that happens, and never let Deysha the online rep know who you are.

They monitor these boards heavily and will stalk you for reals.
err, Deysha has been nothing but help in the past, and I'm sure the case would continue to be so.

I'll take it to the dealer I guess, I just am worried they wouldn't service the car under the assumption I just beat on it given the number of driveline issues its had.
Old 10/3/11, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
...because at just under three weeks we all know you've had plenty of time to form an informed opinion.
Old 10/3/11, 12:11 PM
V6 Member

Well I used to think she was a great help.. until I stopped receiving help and Deysha doesn't care to try and make things right... all she does it would seem is take our info and create a case so they can MANAGE us.

Why should ANY of us need to use her; we have warranties and dealerships to carry them out! Right? Tell me what real task Deysha can do for us that we can't or shouldn't have access to?
I've got no issues with Deysha personally, but I won't provide any information to anyone I don't know or can't see face to face. Social Engineering is too common these days to take that chance.
Old 10/3/11, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Three weeks of what? Being on THIS forum? I spoke with Deysha MONTHS ago when my first tranny woes started.... third tranny and ish is still broken and they are trying to sweep me under the rug.

If Deysha was about customer service, she would be helping me; aside from jmatero, I am the second loudest voice on this tranny problem on AllFordMustangs.com.

Color me what you will, I am here trying to do a service for folks; I'm placing a light on the internal protocols that Ford uses to try and get rid of us owners.
And what exactly would you have her do? Come out and personally install parts for you? She is a customer service rep not president of the company. All she can do is try to notify the right people and expedite things... and from what I've seen she does that pretty well. It's certainly not her fault that your transmission issue hasn't been resolved.
Old 10/3/11, 12:50 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Three weeks of what? Being on THIS forum? I spoke with Deysha MONTHS ago when my first tranny woes started.... third tranny and ish is still broken and they are trying to sweep me under the rug.

If Deysha was about customer service, she would be helping me; aside from jmatero, I am the second loudest voice on this tranny problem on AllFordMustangs.com.

Color me what you will, I am here trying to do a service for folks; I'm placing a light on the internal protocols that Ford uses to try and get rid of us owners.
the only thing you really have said is dont trust ford make it hard to work with you and yell and moan all you can to try and force a multi billion dollar company..

"I am the second loudest voice on this tranny problem on AllFordMustangs.com."

FYI no one cares whats said on that joke of a board. I have more fiath in the camero5 board.
Old 10/3/11, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do you guys mind if we chat about clutches in here?
My car kinda needs one.

Take the FCS bashing to another thread.

I'll call the dealer, but if I'm out there on my own, has anyone had experience 1) with the replacement and what's involved (hoping straightforward) 2) what kind of damage I might actually have and 3) what kits out there work for my application?

Last edited by CaptDistraction; 10/3/11 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10/3/11, 01:57 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Bell ford has an amazing repair depo. I have always had good luck with them. Just drop it off and maybe have a chat with the GM or the service manager.
Old 10/3/11, 02:20 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Documentation on your car and issues is your friend. The fact you've had it in and continue to experience issues should play into your side. Based on the thread you made last time, it sounded like your dealer stepped up and took care of it, so hopefully this time around you'll have the same experience.
Old 10/3/11, 02:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I expect her to answer simple questions about things I have been lied to when asked. I have sent PMs and posted threads and never got word back. Example: I asked her about this new clutch that I was told about by the Service Manager at the dealer, how it was due out the end of Sept..... now Ford is denying that there ever was a clutch revision. RIIIIGHT.
Oh I'm sorry... I didn't understand that you wanted her to give you details about a rumored, as yet unreleased part that you heard about from such a reliable source as a dealer employee (who of course would have inside knowledge of Ford development). And when Ford disagreed with that dealer employee they must of course be lying because the employee could not possibly be mistaken about something he heard somewhere.

Did I get it right this time?
Old 10/3/11, 02:51 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

can you stop filling threads with your crap... we are trying to hear the captn

hey overboost can you clean this thread ans maybe other? thanks
Old 10/3/11, 03:07 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang

Ban hammer! lol jk.

Definitely sounds like a fluid issue.

Regardless what the "2nd loudest voice" thinks, deysha is a great speed up person. She gets any repair moving.
Old 10/3/11, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

This dealer employee was the service manager; not a buddy of mine who is some tech or adviser that I kick it with. This is the manager of the service dept. at the dealership. Not sure why he would make up a stupid lie like that if that were the case; maybe you can tell me.
Even the Service manager is still just a dealer employee. He would not have any more knowledge of internal Ford developments than any other outsider. He probably heard some rumor about a redesigned clutch and just passed it on.

And no, you didn't get it right. On top of the dealer deeming this clutch bad, the FSE did also. He called me on the phone and demanded I pay for the replacement or the tranny warr. was voided.

My pop who is a mechanic called him up, explained the clutch pedal stay-out issue and how it affects the clutch parts and so on... rendering Ford to flip flop and state that he was right, they were wrong and that the new clutch was on them.

All of the above was solidified at one point. Now Ford Motor Co. is turning around and stating that it's just fine. BS.

Got it this time?
Nope. What does all that have to do with your original sniping of Deysha?
Old 10/3/11, 03:11 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cbaty, I think you need to start your own thread. I can move all of your recent posts there where they might get a bit more exposure and hopefully some response in a positive light.

I'll clean this thread and others up later on when I have better access to the site.
Old 10/3/11, 03:13 PM
GT Member

I had good dealings with Deysha during my issues with my 5.0. Nothing bad to say - Good luck on your car, unfortunately if you qualify for it, initiate a buyback process through Ford. It takes a long time (been about a month so far for me) waiting on word back from Ford. However I'm sure Ford will do you right.
Old 10/3/11, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang

I agree with this.
Old 10/3/11, 04:22 PM

Thread officially derailed...need a mod to clean this crap up
Old 10/3/11, 06:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

roadside will be taking the car to bell ford tomorrow.

Should there be a clutch failure, being that the car has already had a replacement fail, anyone have experience with aftermarket units?

Quick Reply: Repeat clutch issue on my car...thoughts?