Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

A plethora of SYNC issues

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/11, 06:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting that the service techs do not know about this, or do not try this to solve an issue.
Old 12/29/11, 09:18 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nick_silver
Thanks Jaclyn! I will try all of that out a bit later today and report back.
No problem. Let me know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Bucko
I really like having Jacclyn on this site!
Originally Posted by Double-EDad
My Sync microphone continued to ignore me again today so I did the Master Reset (prior to seeing the above, just 'sniffed' it out on the radio, starting with the "Menu" and "Phone" buttons). That did the trick!! Had to re-aquaint my iphone with the radio via bluetooth. And had to unplug and re-plug my ipod. But I didn't have to reset my Sirius radio presets, which is a plus. And best of all, the Master reset seems to have done the trick.
So far.
Thanks guys, I'm happy to help!

Feel free to private message me anytime.

Jaclyn
Old 12/29/11, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far so good! I followed your directions and I've started the car like 6 times today while running a bunch of errands and have not had any issues so far. I did a few test calls with the names that were having issues and SYNC has recognized them just fine.

If anything starts acting up again, I'll shoot you a PM Jaclyn. Thanks again!
Old 12/30/11, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by nick_silver
So far so good! I followed your directions and I've started the car like 6 times today while running a bunch of errands and have not had any issues so far. I did a few test calls with the names that were having issues and SYNC has recognized them just fine.

If anything starts acting up again, I'll shoot you a PM Jaclyn. Thanks again!
No prob! Happy to help whenever I can.

Jaclyn
Old 2/25/13, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have found this thread interesting, but my sync issues are even worse. My 2013 Mustang is 6 months old, and I have had it in the shop 3 times for my sync failing completely. When I say completely, I have no bluetooth connection to my phone, the Aux input does not work, and when i press the "phone" button as suggested to reset the system, it does not work.

The shop reloaded the software once, replaced a module a second time. After replacing the module, the sync work for about 4 days and then died again, same symptoms. It is in the shop today hopefully being repaired.

Is this normal or have I just been lucky enough to get a "special" car.
Old 2/27/13, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by LouL
I have found this thread interesting, but my sync issues are even worse. My 2013 Mustang is 6 months old, and I have had it in the shop 3 times for my sync failing completely. When I say completely, I have no bluetooth connection to my phone, the Aux input does not work, and when i press the "phone" button as suggested to reset the system, it does not work.

The shop reloaded the software once, replaced a module a second time. After replacing the module, the sync work for about 4 days and then died again, same symptoms. It is in the shop today hopefully being repaired.

Is this normal or have I just been lucky enough to get a "special" car.
Hi, LouL -

I'd like to look into this further. Please PM your VIN, the type of devices you wish to have paired, and their carriers.

Jaclyn