Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

My first service expierience..... I'm not happy

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/12, 09:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I wasn't going to chime in on this, but...my customer service experience with Ford has been great. My dealer provides quality service, and I wait for my car to be completed. When it is done, the Advisor (same person since the car was new) comes to the waiting room and explains what was done to the car, normally just my oil and filter change. The car is always just as clean as when I brought it in. Last week, I had detailed the engine compartment for the Strugis Mustang Rally, and had my oil changed the next day. Not a drop of oil in my engine compartment.

The same can be said for our Jeep dealer. My wife was driving our 2013 Grand Cherokee and when she came home the left rear tire was losing air. A sheet metal screw in the inside sidewall of the 20" Goodyear with 1500 miles. I called the dealer, after putting on the full size spare. They checked for a tire, called me back twice in 20 minutes, ordered the new tire which came in the next day. They mounted, balanced and put it back on the car, while the wife waited, for $174.

I always talk to the techs, parts guys and girls, and the service advisors whenever I am in the dealership. I always have a smile and hello for them, by name. And, they seem to appreciate being appreciated. Oh, and I always fill out the surveys, with the technician(s) name (taken off the invoice) included in the writeup.

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 9/8/12 at 09:59 AM.
Old 9/8/12, 01:24 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I wasn't going to chime in on this, but...my customer service experience with Ford has been great. My dealer provides quality service, and I wait for my car to be completed. When it is done, the Advisor (same person since the car was new) comes to the waiting room and explains what was done to the car, normally just my oil and filter change. The car is always just as clean as when I brought it in. Last week, I had detailed the engine compartment for the Strugis Mustang Rally, and had my oil changed the next day. Not a drop of oil in my engine compartment.

The same can be said for our Jeep dealer. My wife was driving our 2013 Grand Cherokee and when she came home the left rear tire was losing air. A sheet metal screw in the inside sidewall of the 20" Goodyear with 1500 miles. I called the dealer, after putting on the full size spare. They checked for a tire, called me back twice in 20 minutes, ordered the new tire which came in the next day. They mounted, balanced and put it back on the car, while the wife waited, for $174.

I always talk to the techs, parts guys and girls, and the service advisors whenever I am in the dealership. I always have a smile and hello for them, by name. And, they seem to appreciate being appreciated. Oh, and I always fill out the surveys, with the technician(s) name (taken off the invoice) included in the writeup.
You are an ideal customer
Old 9/8/12, 02:33 PM
GT Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just one question, did you change or check your oil prior to this light going off at over 4000 miles?
Old 9/12/12, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking
You have someone standing over your shoulder waiting for you to **** up and see how you like it. You wanna watch? Watch from a distance. No need to be all up in my workplace
Posting my comment why did I expect this response???

Human nature - why am I not surprised.

Again, if only the shoe was on the other foot.
Old 9/12/12, 04:47 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JPMotorSport

Posting my comment why did I expect this response???

Human nature - why am I not surprised.

Again, if only the shoe was on the other foot.
The shoe wont ever be on the other foot.. no one but me works on my car
Old 9/12/12, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Customers aren't supposed to be in the service area... At least in all the shops I've worked at
Old 9/13/12, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rustyrlz2005
Customers aren't supposed to be in the service area... At least in all the shops I've worked at
Same with ours, insurance reasons. Customers are only allowed in the service bays/service area if an adviser is present. They can't just hang around in there.