Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

"Authorized" Dealerships for Shelby Repairs

Old 7/31/13, 01:15 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Authorized" Dealerships for Shelby Repairs

I am getting mixed signals concerning which Ford dealerships are actually authorized to work on Shelby GT500 vehicles.

Some Ford dealerships in my area (northern NJ) indicated that they could work on my 2014 Shelby (i.e., maintenance and repairs), but they are not listed by the SVT group when I inquired by phone.

AND, interestingly enough, one Ford dealership listed by the SVT group as authorized was actually not authorized (verified by phone conversation with the service manager).

Does anyone have any experience with this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MartinM; 7/31/13 at 01:51 PM.
Old 7/31/13, 08:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The folks on this forum will have some experience in that area, and are very generous with their advice.

The "home' forum is here.
Old 8/1/13, 03:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
If a dealership is authorized to sell them, they " should " have qualified people to repair them.
Having said that, the only thing I would take my car to the dealer for is audio system work.
Any motor or suspension issues, it goes to my tuner.
Old 8/1/13, 11:13 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MartinM
I am getting mixed signals concerning which Ford dealerships are actually authorized to work on Shelby GT500 vehicles.
Some Ford dealerships in my area (northern NJ) indicated that they could work on my 2014 Shelby (i.e., maintenance and repairs), but they are not listed by the SVT group when I inquired by phone.
AND, interestingly enough, one Ford dealership listed by the SVT group as authorized was actually not authorized (verified by phone conversation with the service manager).
Does anyone have any experience with this issue ?
Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi
If a dealership is authorized to sell them, they " should " have qualified people to repair them.
Having said that, the only thing I would take my car to the dealer for is audio system work.
Any motor or suspension issues, it goes to my tuner.
Hi guys,

I know all dealerships are able to service our Shelby GT500s. For more info you can contact Steve from our SVT Team at 800-367-3788.

Deysha
Old 8/1/13, 11:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I was going to say whats so different about the gt500 that any dealership couldn't work on it?
Old 8/1/13, 01:46 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I did some more research on the subject, and this is what I found out: "My head is going to explode"!

Experience 1 - I was given the impression from various Ford sales personnel in my area that they could work on GT500s. But when their respective Service Departments were contacted, they indicated that this was not entirely true.

Experience 2 - Based on my zip code, the SVT Group gave me a Ford dealership that "was" listed as certified to work on GT500s (Bell Ford in Colonia, NJ). When I spoke to the Service Manager at that facility, he indicated that they had no SVT certified mechanics in their shop, and that they could only handle simple maintenace.

Experience 3 - I asked the Service Department at Bell Ford for recommendations for SVT certified shops, and they directed me to Dana Ford in Staten Island, NY or Down Ford in Toms River, NJ.

Experience 4 - When I contacted the Service Department at Down Ford in Toms River, NJ they indicated that "they" were the only Ford dealer/shop in the area with a Motorsport division and SVT certified mechanics in house (albiet only 4 days a week). They even told me that an oil change on a GT500 at a regular Ford dealer would result in the wrong oil and filter installed, because they do not use the "racing" parts required for the SVT vehicles...

So..., I guess that I am going to Down Ford for maintenace and repairs?