Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Anyone else getting a front suspension squeak?

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/12, 12:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else getting a front suspension squeak?

I have a 2012 GT with 8000 miles on the car. My front lower control arms got swapped out 3 times already by the dealer. I had this front suspension squeak since a few weeks after owning the car new. The squeak seems to go away in the winter time. It's always after driving for about 20 minutes in 90 degree plus weather. The last time I was at the dealer I was told they put in new updated front control arms for me. Now it's the summer, and the squeak is back. Is there an after market part such as an after market control arm or suspension kit I can get so this noise will go away? I'm tired of bringing my car to the dealer and complaining about this online and at the dealer. I'm just really about to give up.
Old 7/5/12, 02:14 AM
V6 Member

You completely describe my issue. 8000 miles, 2012 gt, and really only in the summer. I heard it on mine almost as soon as I bought it. I can sometimes feel it in the gas pedal too. For me it mostly happens when I drive a little quick up a ramp or any reason to make the front end of the car slightly bounce up and down. I have no idea what it is, and would love to know.
Old 7/5/12, 02:16 AM
V6 Member

Oh and its not really a squeak but a crunching sound. Almost like when you bounce up and down on a bed.
Old 7/5/12, 04:16 AM

I get the same noise on my 2013.
Old 7/5/12, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JohnNy5126
You completely describe my issue. 8000 miles, 2012 gt, and really only in the summer. I heard it on mine almost as soon as I bought it. I can sometimes feel it in the gas pedal too. For me it mostly happens when I drive a little quick up a ramp or any reason to make the front end of the car slightly bounce up and down. I have no idea what it is, and would love to know.
What do you plan to do about it? did you take it to the dealer yet?
Old 7/5/12, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, I had this issue exactly on my 2000 Audi TT Quattro. I hope its not a ongoing problem with the newer Mustangs.
Old 7/5/12, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars
Wow, I had this issue exactly on my 2000 Audi TT Quattro. I hope its not a ongoing problem with the newer Mustangs.
I been on 3-4 mustang forums and have seen multiple threads about this issue. All 2011-2013 mustangs GT and V6. No one not even the dealers can fix the problem. The dealer swapped out my front lower control arms 3 times, every time they swap it out the noise will go away then come back within a few months. It ONLY happens in hot weather (90 degree plus) and after driving for 20 minutes. I can't believe it is soooo difficult to fix a squeak noise. I'm willing to spend my own money to pay for an aftermarket control arm or anything else that will get rid of this dreadful annoying squeak.
Old 7/7/12, 10:02 AM
GT Member

Similar issues as I am currently experiencing. I've had my 2012 v6 since September, going on my 13th repair. Currently in a lawsuit with Ford. They made these cars like garbage or we got unlucky.
Old 7/11/12, 12:25 PM

Does anybody ever notice any popping as well? I have a 2013 GT and have the squeak as described above, but notice a pop, which can be heard and felt on take off and over bumps. I took it to the dealer and the tech could not identify anything with the front passenger side wheel off (where the noise originates) so I took him on a ride and reproduced the sound. I then had to return the car two other days for them to try to diagnose the sound. They hooked it up to chassis ears, but alas, they didn't find a problem and everything seemed the check out.

The sounds are still there and it's very annoying and almost embarrassing as I have a brand new car with less than 3,000 miles that squeaks and pops like it has been beat to hell and back.

I plan to get a second opinion and hopefully the next dealer actually addresses the issue.
Old 7/11/12, 10:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JohnNy5126
Oh and its not really a squeak but a crunching sound. Almost like when you bounce up and down on a bed.
^+1 yeah .. i get that too when i exit the driveway.. thought i was being too sensitive... thanks

2012 GT
Old 7/18/12, 11:42 AM

I have the same thing here. I just posted a similar thread yesterday. I brought it to the dealer and told me it is normal...WTF. A brand new car should not make these noises. Sounds like Ford wants to ignore the problems. They won't even consider swapping out my lca's. I am getting really pissed with ford.
Old 7/19/12, 09:46 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012CandyRedGT
I have the same thing here. I just posted a similar thread yesterday. I brought it to the dealer and told me it is normal.... A brand new car should not make these noises. Sounds like Ford wants to ignore the problems. They won't even consider swapping out my lca's. I am getting really pissed with ford.
Hello 2012CandyRedGT,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I’d like to escalate this for you. Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and dealer so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 8/3/12, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hello 2012CandyRedGT,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I’d like to escalate this for you. Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and dealer so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha

Is there anyway I can get the same done for me, Deysha?
Old 8/4/12, 09:33 PM
GT Member

yeah, I had my both front LCA replaced last month due to same issue. Ford has a TSB with this I think. Hope my car doesn't get those problems back.
Old 8/7/12, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by GT5.0

Is there anyway I can get the same done for me, Deysha?
I sure can, GT5.0. PM me with the same info so I can help.

Deysha
Old 8/7/12, 11:28 AM

Can i too? I have a 2012 with the same issue. 9,500 miles and over speed bumps it sounds like a 25+ yr old car. I am not impressed with Ford cutting corners with their products lately.
Old 8/7/12, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I brought mine in for the same issue two weeks ago but the squeaky and grunting noise came back. I brought it back again last Friday but when the car wasn't driven for at least half an hour, you can hardly hear the noise. And you know what happens when this happens.
Old 8/7/12, 01:58 PM

PLEASE HELP us Deysha
Old 8/8/12, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by iwalkaline58
Can i too? I have a 2012 with the same issue. 9,500 miles and over speed bumps it sounds like a 25+ yr old car. I am not impressed with Ford cutting corners with their products lately.
Originally Posted by Nighthawk13
I brought mine in for the same issue two weeks ago but the squeaky and grunting noise came back. I brought it back again last Friday but when the car wasn't driven for at least half an hour, you can hardly hear the noise. And you know what happens when this happens.
Originally Posted by iwalkaline58
PLEASE HELP us Deysha
I'll be more than happy to help, guys. Please make sure you make an appointment and PM me with all of your details.

Deysha
Old 8/8/12, 07:55 AM
GT Member

I had a service appointment about the very same issue yesterday. They ordered parts for me. From the brief description it sounded like they just want to replace the LCA's. There must be a TSB for that because I see so many of you getting the same procedure done.
Based on my online research however, it is more likely that the sway bar bushings are causing the noise. We'll see..

Quick Reply: Anyone else getting a front suspension squeak?