Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Anyone else getting a front suspension squeak?

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/14, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok, so I went to Camaro5.com to see what issues people are having with their Camaros. You are right that they are plagued with issues also. I guess the auto manufacturers aren't able to manufacture cars like they used to.

I have a 2003 Monte Carlo SS with 108k miles that I have had almost no issues with until recently. I've owned the car since new. I also have a 2006 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 truck that I bought new and I haven't had any issues with that either and it has 135k miles now. The only warranty issues I had with both were the intermediate steering shaft issue where they clunk, but GM replaced my truck's at 35k with a new design that's been good now for 100k miles. I just need to regrease the Monte Carlo's every couple years. Other than that, only minor stuff that happens with age.

This is my first new car since 2006 and my first Ford ever, so I guess I need to just wait it out and see if I have any issues. I can educate myself on the issues others experoience and get them fixed, if needed, while under warranty. Thanks
Old 4/21/14, 02:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Stocktastic
Yeah, I know. I'm just not paying the $95 for them to tell me it's not the arms, which is what they'll do. I may try another dealer. The current dealer 'forgot' to put oil back in the car at 9900 miles. Yeah.
Holy crap dude! Run...run fast.
Old 4/21/14, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My LCAs make a chirping sound as well. Just dropped her off at the dealer to get them fixed. The ford tech who diagnosed it called me and assured my assumption of it being the hydro bushings in the LCAs, needing TSB 13-7-8.

The kicker is that I told him from the get-go what it was, to order the parts and call me when to bring it in but you know how that goes.

Hopefully I'll get it back tomorrow and see how it sounds. The squeak is embarrassing . First Ford after owning Chevys.
Old 4/21/14, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KushBandit
My LCAs make a chirping sound as well. Just dropped her off at the dealer to get them fixed. The ford tech who diagnosed it called me and assured my assumption of it being the hydro bushings in the LCAs, needing TSB 13-7-8.

The kicker is that I told him from the get-go what it was, to order the parts and call me when to bring it in but you know how that goes.

Hopefully I'll get it back tomorrow and see how it sounds. The squeak is embarrassing . First Ford after owning Chevys.
Keep us updated as I had all that work done and the noise returned four weeks later. I am getting up strengh to go round two as it was a three day job last time. They did give me a rental, but I just don't like having to go though all this again. Now it's a front left spring grunt.
Old 4/21/14, 06:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ctodd1

Keep us updated as I had all that work done and the noise returned four weeks later. I am getting up strengh to go round two as it was a three day job last time. They did give me a rental, but I just don't like having to go though all this again. Now it's a front left spring grunt.
I will definitely keep you guys posted. I was told I should get it back tomorrow around 4-5pm, so I will reply about the initial fix and update along the way.

Edit: just got a call from the dealer. They're going to keep the car until tomorrow. They just got the parts in and the service tech said its "kinda big job". Will let you guys know tomorrow.

Last edited by KushBandit; 4/22/14 at 05:02 PM.
Old 4/25/14, 12:10 AM
Bullitt Member

I wanted to post an update about the front suspension squeak some of us have been plagued with. My LCAs were replaced per TSB 13-9-03; "install chassis ears on both lower control arm bushing bolts, both making noise, replace both arms, test drive verify repair ok at this time".

I looked underneath and they have replaced the LCAs with ones that have heat shields around the bushings.

I've driven about 50 miles today and there is still a slight suspensions squeak/chirp, but that may be the new bushings. I'll give it a week before I take it in again. My Bumper-to-bumper warranty expires in May, so I'll replace with BMR parts if this persists.
Old 4/28/14, 12:11 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I wanted to post an update about the front suspension squeak some of us have been plagued with. My LCAs were replaced per TSB 13-9-03; "install chassis ears on both lower control arm bushing bolts, both making noise, replace both arms, test drive verify repair ok at this time".

I looked underneath and they have replaced the LCAs with ones that have heat shields around the bushings.

I've driven about 50 miles today and there is still a slight suspensions squeak/chirp, but that may be the new bushings. I'll give it a week before I take it in again. My Bumper-to-bumper warranty expires in May, so I'll replace with BMR parts if this persists.
Let me know if you want me to get this escalated for you, KushBandit.

Deysha
Old 4/28/14, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Let me know if you want me to get this escalated for you, KushBandit.

Deysha
Hi Deysha, I would appreciate it if you don't mind. Obviously it doesn't cause any drivability issues, it's just very annoying to me. Please let me know what information you need. Thank you.
Old 4/29/14, 07:36 AM

Hi Deysha, I would appreciate it if you don't mind. Obviously it doesn't cause any drivability issues, it's just very annoying to me. Please let me know what information you need. Thank you.
If it’s still making the noise make another appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number, KushBandit.

Deysha
Old 5/6/14, 06:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
If it’s still making the noise make another appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number, KushBandit.

Deysha
Hey Deysha,

I apologize for the late reply, I dropped of my car today. I sent you a PM with the information you requested. I appreciate it.
Old 5/7/14, 01:05 PM

Hey Deysha,

I apologize for the late reply, I dropped of my car today. I sent you a PM with the information you requested. I appreciate it.
Thank you for the PM, KushBandit! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 8/24/14, 08:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How are the dealers diagnosing this for you? I can't get my dealer to even acknowledge there is a noise going on up there.
Old 8/24/14, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same issue

I'll be taking in my wife's new 2014 GT to Spikes ford tomorrow with this issue. You would think ford would have resolved this problem since it's been ongoing for several years. Pretty disappointed that I purchased this car for 35k and it squeaks like an old ranch truck.
Old 9/7/14, 09:05 PM

I'm getting very frustrated with Ford. I've owned 18 Fords in my lifetime and I will think hard before I buy another. I love these Mustangs, but if they have known about this issue for quite some time, why does my 2 month old 2014 do it too??? We traded a lemon 2014 Explorer in because I don't have the patience to fight for months with them over it. I work 60 hours a week and really don't have time to deal with this issue either.
Old 10/1/14, 02:05 PM

Deysha, my 2014 convertible just started this front end-over- bumps noise. Can I update you with a PM along with these others with the same problem, please?
Old 10/1/14, 02:09 PM

Deysha, I’m trying to get help with these other owners about the front end noise. Can I send you a PM as you requested of these other owners?

Thanks
Old 10/1/14, 02:21 PM

oops sorry for double post
Old 9/5/15, 02:00 PM

I guess this message is sort of my introduction. I have a 2013 GT and I have had this issue since day 1. Whenever I roll over a speed bump I heard the horrible crunch/squawk/clunk noise from the driver side suspension. Took it in and went through the normal "we can't duplicate the noise" bs. Of course when I drove the car with them in it, they heard the noise. In 2013 with 400 miles they replaced the control arm on the driver side. Problem solved but not quite. The issue is now on the left side. I still have 6 months and 6000 miles worth of warranty so I brought it in. Same thing, "we can't duplicate the problem." I drove it again and reproduced the problem. They had my car for 5 days. Got it home today, pulled into my driveway and the noise is still there. Sounds like an old truck from the 60's. This is so frustrating. I sent a PM to Deysha. Hopefully that user still exists and is helping people resolve their issues.
Old 9/5/15, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by trongod05
I guess this message is sort of my introduction. I have a 2013 GT and I have had this issue since day 1. Whenever I roll over a speed bump I heard the horrible crunch/squawk/clunk noise from the driver side suspension. Took it in and went through the normal "we can't duplicate the noise" bs. Of course when I drove the car with them in it, they heard the noise. In 2013 with 400 miles they replaced the control arm on the driver side. Problem solved but not quite. The issue is now on the left side. I still have 6 months and 6000 miles worth of warranty so I brought it in. Same thing, "we can't duplicate the problem." I drove it again and reproduced the problem. They had my car for 5 days. Got it home today, pulled into my driveway and the noise is still there. Sounds like an old truck from the 60's. This is so frustrating. I sent a PM to Deysha. Hopefully that user still exists and is helping people resolve their issues.

BTW, the replacement parts this time around was CR3Z-3078-D ARM ASY -Front and 4R3Z-5G221-RH Shield.
Old 9/5/15, 02:26 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Deysha is still around. It is Labor Day weekend though and I think she is off until Tuesday.

Quick Reply: Anyone else getting a front suspension squeak?