Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Any other '12 owners having AdvanceTrac issues?

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/15, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advacetrac second time in service for same problem 2014 Mustang

Originally Posted by HokieJim
Anyone else had success from their dealer? I have been in three times so far and no success; the "Service AdvanceTrac" light keeps coming on at random times for about a minute. very annoying!
This is the second time in 2 months the advacetrac has set off all the lights and service alert. First time dealer said it was due to low battery they replaced the battery, now they say again low battery but are blaming it on the battery harness being corroded.
Does this make sense the battery harness is draining the battery and messing up the advancetrac?
Old 2/10/15, 07:40 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Corroded harness could prevent the battery from charging properly, creating a low battery problem again. You'd think they would have checked the harness when replacing the battery the first time.
Old 2/11/15, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by HokieJim
Anyone else had success from their dealer? I have been in three times so far and no success; the "Service AdvanceTrac" light keeps coming on at random times for about a minute. very annoying!
Originally Posted by SpectreH
Corroded harness could prevent the battery from charging properly, creating a low battery problem again. You'd think they would have checked the harness when replacing the battery the first time.
Thanks for the reply, yep you would think that would be checked. I am thinking I need to find a new dealership for service.
Old 7/14/15, 08:58 PM

I bought my 2012 V6 last April. About 2 weeks ago, driving in a straight line at 40 MPH it had rained a little, but otherwise normal driving conditions, I turned 35050 miles and my Service Advancetrac light came on along with both the Advancetrac "Off" and Advancetrac "Engaged" lights. I cannot override AdvanceTrac "Off," so spinning is an issue here and there. That's the only issue I'm having. Steering is fine, car runs fine, all my lights (turn, brake, parking, etc) are functioning.

Very strange.

And, of course, I aged out my 36/36k warranty like 32 days ago.

Anyone had any luck with either their dealer or Ford Customer Service?

Last edited by rbrtlee; 7/14/15 at 09:05 PM.
Old 7/15/15, 06:45 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rbrtlee
I bought my 2012 V6 last April. About 2 weeks ago, driving in a straight line at 40 MPH it had rained a little, but otherwise normal driving conditions, I turned 35050 miles and my Service Advancetrac light came on along with both the Advancetrac "Off" and Advancetrac "Engaged" lights. I cannot override AdvanceTrac "Off," so spinning is an issue here and there. That's the only issue I'm having. Steering is fine, car runs fine, all my lights (turn, brake, parking, etc) are functioning.

Very strange.

And, of course, I aged out my 36/36k warranty like 32 days ago.

Anyone had any luck with either their dealer or Ford Customer Service?
Hello rbrtlee,

Welcome to the forum! I recommend bringing it in to your Ford Dealer and speaking to your service manager about your AdvanceTrack concern. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember most paid repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know what they say.

Deysha
Old 11/18/15, 10:10 PM

My 2012 Ford Mustang has nearly 60k miles on it. Pulled out of a parking lot and the traction control light came on and ABS breaks activated as I was going about 15 mph. I drove a block and it happened again as I came to a stop at the light. Car seemed to pull slightly to the right, but I never lost control of the car. Drove a few blocks to get gas, turned the car off, turned back on and no issues driving home. Going to Ford to check the issues. Seen a few AdvanceTrac issues going back to 2008 on many Fords. Not liking the idea that I may need to replace rack and pinion/steering
Old 12/24/15, 01:28 PM

My 2011 V6 started doing the "AdvanceTrac Flash and ding" show last year. The incessant dings are the most annoying.
Looks just like what rbrtlee posted.
I do not even have to be moving to get them....just have to start the car... and it has to be cool out.
It does not happen during the summer.
Every few hundred will also trigger the 'ebrake' and 'low tire pressure' lights.
Even doing the disable AT process with the brakes and holding the button does not keep the problem away.

Two visits to shops and a dealer have not found the cause and I dont want to spend any more money. Fortunately I do not get the ABS along with this like other folks do.

My car is my workhorse at 215K miles due to a long daily commute. So far I just turn up the radio to drown out the dings.

Last edited by Miked728; 12/24/15 at 01:29 PM. Reason: typo
Old 6/22/17, 01:18 PM

Thank You Nick_Silver

Originally Posted by nick_silver
Issue was resolved and I wanted to post what was wrong in case anyone else has this same issue.

The tech decided to check the speed sensor and TCS wiring underneath the hood cowl and noticed that there was some corrosion. After some investigating as to where it was coming from, he realized that my cabin air filter was completely full of water, to the point where the water was overflowing over the top and onto the speed sensor and TCS wiring underneath. This was causing them to sense a malfunction when there really wasn't any.

It turns out that the little rubber "drain" that allows the water from rain to come through the cowl and drain out under the engine was pinched shut. The bottom part of the rubber drain was almost melted together, as if it was still warm from the molding at the factory and it was pinched as it cooled. He separated the pinch, replaced the filter, and bypassed the corroded part of the wiring and so far I've had no issues at all.
Man, I am sure glad you posted this.. I had exact same thing.. brakes chattered this morning going to work and I noticed water in my floor-mat on passenger side. stopping at red light it chattered again... then almost didn't take off.... shifting was sparatic and then ABS and both trac lights came on with warning"Service AdvanceTrac".. I checked what you said and my cabin filter area was half full water.. I removed that rubber plug and cleaned it all up and error codes are no more and mustang is running like new.. Thanks man..
Old 8/6/22, 05:42 PM

Advance trac

Originally Posted by nick_silver
I've been having some trouble with my AdvanceTrac system in my '12 V6. Three times now I have gotten the ABS, Traction Control, and Traction Control Off lights pop up with "Service AdvanceTrac" also coming up in my message center.

The first two times this issue arose was after talking it to a car wash. Keep in mind though that this is a hand wash place, they don't have an arm that pulls the car through a drive through. Assuming it was that particular place, I stopped going there. Both times the lights and warning went away after a day or so.

However, the issue came up again this morning and I have not taken it to a car wash of any kind. It did rain significantly though yesterday and today and that makes me wonder if it is water-related, water possibly getting into an area of the vehicle and causing this malfunction?

Just wondering if anyone has come across this issue before?
yes I turn my car on and the abs service advance trac light come on and off. Sometimes I csn turn it off with the button , other times I cannot. When I cannot turn it off the car feel like it’s braking itself. My dealership takes forever and they charged me 1800$ to repair a bad 12$ bushing couple months ago. 1700$ For labor. Yeah it’s idk . Do I don’t have that option or I can’t afford that option. I don’t know what to do.

Last edited by Brandon poole; 8/6/22 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Mispelled word
Old 8/8/22, 11:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,507 Likes on 1,029 Posts
I think the other guy's problem where it acts up when wet, is probably this wiring issue; mine was the same way (worse when wet -- which makes sense with the bare wires)
Service Advancetrac PROBLEM SOLVED - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

even though your issue seems more complicated, I would check the wiring as described in thread above, to make sure that is not the problem