Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/13, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

we have been working on a padded leather console armrest for the 2010-13 cars and we now have one we are getting ready to launch. getting it up for sale is still in the works. it will be a cover that will install over the original lid and can be removed without any trace. it will have the same 1/4" commercial padding as the 05-09 cover, 2 top stitched seams and will have a few material options. we have one installed on a car and are waiting for a few pics but he said it fit great and functions good. also working on getting the oem leather for the 2010-13 stangs too.

what i need to know is is the majority of the leather in the newer cars a smooth grain?
or a pebble? who has what???

our test part(s) we made from the smooth aftermarket that we have. we are gonna drop that leather pretty soon and go with a 2010+ oem smooth charcoal that doesnt hardly have a grain pattern to it, very nice material for sure. fords also offered a pebble grain for the 2010+ that has a huge pebble grain.

heres a sneak peak of the new cover. will post more details as i can, mike
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf2657.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf2655.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf2646.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf2643.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 2/28/13 at 07:25 PM.
Old 2/28/13, 05:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have the smooth grain dark charcoal (Premier/401A) w/ blue stitch and want a cover.
Old 2/28/13, 05:49 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
do you make those for the 05-09
Old 2/28/13, 05:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Smooth on my 13. Sell this ASAP. And btw I think i have seen the 05-09 already for sale silver. Check It out
Old 2/28/13, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
do you make those for the 05-09
hey the website was a mess but ive been trying to straighten it out. check out the website and the thread in the 05-09
https://themustangsource.com/f692/up...antara-503857/

thanks you guys, i`m gonna get the material nailed down and ordered in the next week or so and all the details worked out and i`ll start a new thread when its up for sale.

we had to run the stitch lines straight off the rear. we tried to match the indent line in the U shape but it requires a huge waste of material and pucker issues with the tight curves. we think it really looks sharp like it is.
Old 2/28/13, 07:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by amustangrocks

thanks you guys, i`m gonna get the material nailed down and ordered in the next week or so and all the details worked out and i`ll start a new thread when its up for sale.

we had to run the stitch lines straight off the rear. we tried to match the indent line in the U shape but it requires a huge waste of material and pucker issues with the tight curves. we think it really looks sharp like it is.
Yes! get the 13 material correct and I know many will buy. Let us know when it's up!
Old 2/28/13, 08:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I am so buying this!
Old 2/28/13, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I want one! Goes perfect with my interior
Old 2/28/13, 09:28 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I have smooth Saddle. Any chance you would make it in Saddle?
Old 2/28/13, 10:17 PM
V6 Member

Alcantara please :-)
Old 3/1/13, 06:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will this additional pading interfere with the cup holder lid and the other part of the console ?

It's pretty tight as you can see in the picture the gap between the two parts is very small

Alcantra center piece would be nice to match my GT/CS interior...

Last edited by Dineau; 4/1/13 at 05:27 PM.
Old 3/1/13, 06:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Assuming the price is right and how easy it is to install, I'd definitely get one of these.
Old 3/1/13, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

wish there was a way to pad the cup holder lid without interfering with the ability to open/close it....

I tend to rest my hand on the shifter and my elbow sits on that door.
Old 3/1/13, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Mine is smooth charcoal with creme insert stripe, and yes I am very interested in one of these for my 13.
Old 3/1/13, 03:51 PM
GT Member

I have been looking for something like this for a year! My Recaro's are smooth black leather with black stitching please!

Last edited by jskup1; 3/18/13 at 03:27 AM.
Old 3/1/13, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
I have smooth Saddle. Any chance you would make it in Saddle?
i would have to check into it. my supplier did not send me a sample for saddle. i`ll call him monday and check on it.

Originally Posted by Dineau
Will this additional pading interfere with the cup holder lid and the other part of the console ?

It's pretty tight as you can see in the picture the gap between the two parts is very small

Alcantra center piece would be nice to match my GT/CS interior...
the material is tight to the frt edge, the padding is only on the top, and its just on the sides next to the latch. the guy that installed one said if worked out great.

Originally Posted by jskup1
I have been looking for something like this for a year! My Recaro's are smooth black leather.
we have had alot of people ask about something for the new cars. it took us a while and we had a guy send us his lid to work with just to see if we could design something worthy. (thanks pete) i purchased a new lid to test fit all the parts we make, as we do with all our parts before they ship. needless to say, i`m pressing forward with this part, just need to iron out some details.
Old 3/1/13, 08:26 PM
V6 Member

Definitely interested in purchasing one for my '13
Old 3/2/13, 05:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Me want.
Old 3/2/13, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
we have been working on a padded leather console armrest for the 2010-13 cars and we now have one we are getting ready to launch. getting it up for sale is still in the works. it will be a cover that will install over the original lid and can be removed without any trace. it will have the same 1/4" commercial padding as the 05-09 cover, 2 top stitched seams and will have a few material options. we have one installed on a car and are waiting for a few pics but he said it fit great and functions good. also working on getting the oem leather for the 2010-13 stangs too.

what i need to know is is the majority of the leather in the newer cars a smooth grain?
or a pebble? who has what???

our test part(s) we made from the smooth aftermarket that we have. we are gonna drop that leather pretty soon and go with a 2010+ oem smooth charcoal that doesnt hardly have a grain pattern to it, very nice material for sure. fords also offered a pebble grain for the 2010+ that has a huge pebble grain.

heres a sneak peak of the new cover. will post more details as i can, mike
Hi! I too would be VERY interested if the console were padded in SADDLE. (Change that to: I WILL BUY one (if price isn't a killer) IF it's in SADDLE.
Old 3/2/13, 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Sailor
Hi! I too would be VERY interested if the console were padded in SADDLE. (Change that to: I WILL BUY one (if price isn't a killer) IF it's in SADDLE.
i`ll be checking monday. not sure why he didnt send me a sample of that. the material choices my supplier gave me so far for the 2010+ cars is cashmere, lt stone,and charcoal black in 2 smooth grains and a pebble i think hes holding back

for the 05-09 ive got oem parchment and charcoal in stock, and the option to get dove gray, crimson red and med. lt stone in the pebble grain. its taken me over a year to line up the oem materials, but thats the direction i want to go in. the aftermarket leathers we have are very nice too and cost a little less, so i`ll keep those options.

thanks guys for some feedback, really do appreciate it and i`m hoping to make some custom parts for the newest stangs real soon.

Quick Reply: Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers