Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Adding the OEM nav

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/14, 07:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010
But only 1 of 2 in all North America!
Hopefully I can join the club
Old 4/25/14, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I need some help guys. Does anyone have a GT that has the following equipment standard:
Navigaiton
Backup Camera
Shaker 1000 system

I need a VIN to reflash my ACM.

Thanks!
Old 4/26/14, 06:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss GT
Ok, I need some help guys. Does anyone have a GT that has the following equipment standard:
Navigaiton
Backup Camera
Shaker 1000 system

I need a VIN to reflash my ACM.

Thanks!
Typically you can find them on Ebay.
Old 4/26/14, 07:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We can use the 2014 VIN I used on mine that has Shaker Pro and Rear Camera .. it also has Rear Sensor but it should be OK to enable that in the ACM without any errors.
Old 5/24/14, 05:36 PM

Ok, so I finally installed the nav setup. Just a few problems though.
1. Navigation thinks I m in San Diego, and no gps signal
2. I have no control over the blower motor for the a/c, like its stuck on low
3. Navigation screen mounting tabs are way off

There is an extra brown plug for the radio, but it seems like there is nothing left to connect it to. Also there is an extra plug by the light switch.

PLEASE help if my wife comes home and she notices things don't work right, I'm dead!!!!
Old 5/25/14, 07:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang30
Ok, so I finally installed the nav setup. Just a few problems though.
1. Navigation thinks I m in San Diego, and no gps signal
2. I have no control over the blower motor for the a/c, like its stuck on low
3. Navigation screen mounting tabs are way off

There is an extra brown plug for the radio, but it seems like there is nothing left to connect it to. Also there is an extra plug by the light switch.

PLEASE help if my wife comes home and she notices things don't work right, I'm dead!!!!
Did you change out the HVAC module?

Could you take a picture of your extra plug?

Did you install the GPS signal splitter?

-Matt
Old 5/25/14, 08:14 AM

I have the gps splitter but did not install, as it looked like the cable that was already there. I'll do that today. I did change the hvac module.... There is a chance I mixed them up, or they sent me the wrong unit. Just for reference the hvac module only has one plug, right? The extra plug hangs over into the radio area with plug that goes to the ac module. I ll take a pic for ya in a little bit, thanks for the help
Old 5/25/14, 08:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have the gps splitter but did not install, as it looked like the cable that was already there. I'll do that today. I did change the hvac module.... There is a chance I mixed them up, or they sent me the wrong unit. Just for reference the hvac module only has one plug, right? The extra plug hangs over into the radio area with plug that goes to the ac module. I ll take a pic for ya in a little bit, thanks for the help
No, the HVAC module for navigation has 2 plugs. You do have the wrong one. The plug handing over the radio is probably brown.

The GPS splitter is why you are missing signal.

-Matt
Old 5/25/14, 08:36 AM

Thanks bro, let's hope tousley will let me exchange it
Old 5/25/14, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks bro, let's hope tousley will let me exchange it
Hopefully they will.

You need p/n CR3Z 19980 B by the way.

-Matt
Old 5/26/14, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
Hopefully they will.

You need p/n CR3Z 19980 B by the way.

-Matt
Thanks Matt, now I just have to figure out why only one speaker works. Could be my pac audio unit, or the amp, but hopefully not the head unit. And btw for anybody else trying to source parts, the Taurus screen will work but you need to remove its brackets and use the ones from the old display... Enlarge two holes and your good to go.
Old 5/26/14, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Matt, now I just have to figure out why only one speaker works. Could be my pac audio unit, or the amp, but hopefully not the head unit.
What does your audio configuration look like?

-Matt
Old 5/26/14, 10:04 AM

It was reciever - pac audio interface ( for sub out and line level)- then back to the harness, now it's reciever- pac audio (for all speakers) - amp- harness. The amp is new but since it's the easiest to remove, I'll replace it first, if after that it still doesn't work, the pac audio unit will be eliminated, after that I'll open the reciever and see what's shakn.
Old 5/26/14, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

It was reciever - pac audio interface ( for sub out and line level)- then back to the harness, now it's reciever- pac audio (for all speakers) - amp- harness. The amp is new but since it's the easiest to remove, I'll replace it first, if after that it still doesn't work, the pac audio unit will be eliminated, after that I'll open the reciever and see what's shakn.
Did that fix your issue changing the config?

Measure for voltage across all speaker connections at the PAC line in.

If the voltages are above 0 there, then your problem is before the PAC.

-Matt

Last edited by zeroaviation; 5/27/14 at 08:33 AM. Reason: before not after
Old 5/26/14, 12:00 PM

Working on it now, I just exchanged the amp. I'll keep you posted
Old 5/27/14, 05:09 PM

Well, bad news...head unit isn't working correctly. At least in the output section. I removed the pac audio unit and it still only produced sound in the front right speaker. I messed with the balance and fader, and that proved that something is completely screwed up. Fade away from that speaker and it gets louder, fade towards it and it loses signal. All stock wiring, volume from one speaker only. It's at the shop now, but what sucks even worse is that I now have no control over the ac. It's stuck on defrost!!! Just my luck
Old 5/27/14, 05:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Give me the details of what you did again. What is your car, and what car did your ACM come from.

Did you change the climate control harness? The climate module? Right side steering wheel switch? Using the OEM amp for the nav, and if so did you do the wiring?

Not saying I can solve your issue, but maybe.
Old 5/27/14, 06:48 PM

Added oem nav to a 2011 gt with the shaker 500 radio. I bought the receiver from a guy on eBay who removed it from a wrecked 2012 convertible which had heated seats and back up cam. I am waiting on the climate module, and will not be changing the climate harness for dual zone. I also have not changed the steering wheel buttons...didn't know I needed to. I am using aftermarket amplification and a pac audio interface so I don't have to splice into the factory harness. Using an alpine ktp445 for the 4 main speakers and a separate amp for the door subs. The door subs were amped before the nav install and worked perfect, as well as the front and back on the shaker 500. Now, with the nav unit in place only one speaker works, and by playing with the balance and fade functions I was able to tell what channel the head unit was adjusting versus what speaker was actually being adjusted. I checked my wiring a bunch of times, swapped amplifiers, RCA cables, and even removed the pac audio wiring from the mix just to make sure. The problem is in the the head unit or the new dash harness. Hopefully not the dash harness, it's not something I want to do on my day off again... Ever
Old 5/27/14, 06:51 PM

However if the hu comes back clean then I guess I'll have to run wire to each speaker individually instead of going back into the harness. Not looking forward to it

Last edited by Mustang30; 5/27/14 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 5/27/14, 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
However if the hu come back clean then I guess I'll have to run wire to each speaker individually instead of going back into the harness. Not looking forward to it
I added the Alpine kpt445. I tapped into the connector next to the sjb and wired the speakers directly at the two connectors (sjb side and drivers side). Works flawlessly

LEXiiON

Quick Reply: Adding the OEM nav