Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

American Muscle Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/12, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Muscle Louvers

Anyone purchased these for their car? I'm not sure if this is correct, but the louvers are about 7 inches longer than the quarter window itself. Approximately 25.5" louver length vs 18.5" window length.
Old 9/11/12, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Anyone that may have louvers from somewhere else care to weigh in on how theirs fit?
Old 9/11/12, 03:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the AM louvers on my 2006, and I love them! They are larger than the window, you 3M them onto the actual paint just like hood/side scoops.
Old 9/11/12, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
I have the AM louvers on my 2006, and I love them! They are larger than the window, you 3M them onto the actual paint just like hood/side scoops.
Could you please post some pics of your car with the AM louvers please? Not sure if I want to go with these or something closer to the size of the window.

How did you make sure they went on perfectly since they are so much bigger than the window?
Old 9/12/12, 06:49 AM
GT Member

I bought the Eleanor louvers from AM for mine. I would suggest professional installation but boy do the look sexy. I get compliments on them all the time. Here's a couple of pictures, including one of me holding a trophy that my car and I took home the other weekend. The louvers really add a sense of width that, in my opinion, looks really good.
Attached Thumbnails American Muscle Louvers-image-4170363624.jpg   American Muscle Louvers-image-2202741165.jpg  
Old 9/12/12, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered a pair of the vented ones from AM and just didn't like how large they seemed compared to the window. I returned them and purchased these from DG Custom Auto: http://www.dgcustomauto.com/product....categoryId=569

I love them, especially how they're pretty much the exact size of the windows. I'd say go with these if you don't want the larger ones.
Old 9/12/12, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MBarrette10
Anyone purchased these for their car? I'm not sure if this is correct, but the louvers are about 7 inches longer than the quarter window itself. Approximately 25.5" louver length vs 18.5" window length.
MBarrette10,

You're correct, our window louvers are longer then the window. This is because the 3M tape is designed to go onto to the actual paint to give the louver a solid tight seal!

Here's some customer submitted photo's!

08 Vista Blue GT' (Quarter Window Louvers)

06 Race Red GT' (Quarter Window Louvers)

Close up (Eleanor Louvers)

07 Redfire GT' (Eleanor Louvers)

I think all of these louvers look really good. However if you prefer a louver that's the same size as the window, check out our SHR Flush Mount Louvers!

12' Black GT' (SHR Louvers)

I hope this helps! Best of luck on your decision, let me know if you ever have any questions.

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 9/12/12 at 03:14 PM.
Old 9/13/12, 01:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MBarrette10
Could you please post some pics of your car with the AM louvers please? Not sure if I want to go with these or something closer to the size of the window.

How did you make sure they went on perfectly since they are so much bigger than the window?
Dan posted some good pics.

To get the on straight I put it on about where I wanted it to be, then lined it up with the window and the edge line that runs under the window. The important part is to have somebody stand 20' back to make sure it's straight. Then I held it in place and used painters tape to mark reference points. Stick it on, measure a couple reference points, and do the other side.

I did go buy some more 3M tape to get a better seal, just be sure to leave some small drains.
Old 9/19/12, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for all the advice, pics, and input. I ended up ordering some that fit the window Nick had posted. The AM louvers weren't bad, but in the end I felt they were just too big. I'll post some pics once I get the new ones and get them installed.