Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/14, 03:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no codes. running the k&n. probably only 100 miles with the track key.

i noticed the lope idle isn't as pronounced when the a/c is running (not a complaint)
Old 7/2/14, 07:50 AM

Hello guys, I do work for Ford Racing and I am looking for some info. For the guys who are getting a CEL what are the driving conditions when you see it? Are you idling a lot, down shifting a lot or steady cruise?

We are trying to duplicate the issue and need to know what driving conditions to look at.

Thanks, Ray
Old 7/2/14, 02:52 PM
GT Member

somebody answer this man!!!
Old 7/2/14, 03:50 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by raysmust
Hello guys, I do work for Ford Racing and I am looking for some info. For the guys who are getting a CEL what are the driving conditions when you see it? Are you idling a lot, down shifting a lot or steady cruise?

We are trying to duplicate the issue and need to know what driving conditions to look at.

Thanks, Ray
Ray,
Glad you stepped in here. No issues with my Track Key but glad to see Ford Racing actively addressing issues.
Thanks for the product and a special thanks for adding in the ProCal power and torque to the Track Key tune. Worth the wait for me...
Hopefully those with a concern respond.
Old 7/2/14, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I am Super Curious about this!... Right now this is my most coveted Mod!...
Old 7/3/14, 05:38 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to see Ray and Ford Racing here.

Due to the lack of responses I am keeping my Monday appointment to have my Trackey installed.
If I have any questions or problems I will post details here immediately.

Thanks for following Ray.
Old 7/4/14, 09:29 AM

Getting mine installed Monday also along with 5320-MGTLA axlebacks and 55D springs.
Old 7/4/14, 12:24 PM

I have been getting a couple codes with my track key. My car is stock with K&N filter anf GT500 mufflers. The codes I've gotten once each is P0315 and P219B. The two codes I get every 3 days are P0420 and P0430. Recently I've been doing a lot less idling and it's been 4 days since it came on.
Old 7/4/14, 02:25 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by 14Glassback
I am Super Curious about this!... Right now this is my most coveted Mod!...

I too am watching this closely. I would like to do soon, but with what has been posted I am waiting, just being cautious.
Old 7/4/14, 05:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm thinking about getting this but I'm not sure I can do it because I'm over here in Europe and have to have my tuner shipped to an APO address.
Old 7/4/14, 07:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
I'm thinking about getting this but I'm not sure I can do it because I'm over here in Europe and have to have my tuner shipped to an APO address.

If you have a problem with shipping the hardware to your APO let me know I will be happy to help.

Last edited by BBM3; 7/5/14 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Removed Trackey reference. Steve has a 2013
Old 7/5/14, 07:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by raysmust

Thanks, Ray
Sorry Ray I was out of town on a business trip. My car has gotten the CEL (3) times now. All (3) times were mixed driving, a little back roads cruising, some highway and city stop and go. The first time I got the CEL was showing off the lopey idle for some friends. The 2nd time I was not even using Trackey and 3rd time was again showing off the lopey idle feature. When the lopey idle is doing its thing you can really smell the difference in the exhaust.

Dealer says the cats are bad but they are on back-order. They also said mine isn't the only one with this issue.
Old 7/6/14, 06:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like I'm the newest member of the CEL club...

Track Cal with P0420 & P0430.

Was idling the car for a bit earlier in the day, but the CEL came on during sustained highway cruising. I doubt it's related but the codes appeared the same day I installed GT500 mufflers.

It took about 800 miles of daily driving (mixed highway/city/idle) for the codes to appear since the Track Cal was installed.

Last edited by mfc133; 7/6/14 at 06:20 PM.
Old 7/6/14, 06:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by mfc133
Looks like I'm the newest member of the CEL club... Track Cal with P0420 & P0430. Was idling the car for a bit earlier in the day, but the CEL came on during sustained highway cruising. I doubt it's related but the codes appeared the same day I installed GT500 mufflers. It took about 800 miles of daily driving (mixed highway/city/idle) for the codes to appear since the Track Cal was installed.
I'd sure like for Ray to chime back in. This is now the first track "cal" I've heard of with codes. Prior it seemed limited to the keys for some reason.

On top of that, yours came on while not even idling and MyStang, with the key, came on while not even using the key (although after he had used it before).

Gotta have a solution soon. The excuse of normal and just reset the codes doesn't fly with me. I also am concerned about the amount of "testing" they did with this tune.

Btw mfc, are you still getting A/C issues? It seems Ray only popped into this thread, but there were about 3 of them going on. So I wanted to bring that issue here too and centralize things.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/6/14 at 06:33 PM.
Old 7/6/14, 07:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
I'd sure like for Ray to chime back in. This is now the first track "cal" I've heard of with codes. Prior it seemed limited to the keys for some reason.

On top of that, yours came on while not even idling and MyStang, with the key, came on while not even using the key (although after he had used it before).

Gotta have a solution soon. The excuse of normal and just reset the codes doesn't fly with me. I also am concerned about the amount of "testing" they did with this tune.

Btw mfc, are you still getting A/C issues? It seems Ray only popped into this thread, but there were about 3 of them going on. So I wanted to bring that issue here too and centralize things.
There was one guy on svt that had the track cal and got the codes. Yeah I had been driving on the highway for about 30 minutes when the CEL appeared.

The A/C issue is still there, only on normal A/C. Doesn't seem to happen on max A/C. It's pretty inconsistent, but it mostly happens immediately after decelerating to a stop in gear. I don't think the lopey idle is culprit, it will happen even if lopey idle is disabled. It almost feels like the AC compressor shuts off during decel, and then kicks back on during idle.
Old 7/7/14, 06:02 AM

Cel's

P219B P0420 P0430. They came on while I was cruising. Just normal back road light load around 40mph. I've also noticed a slight "flatness" or dead spot when applying light throttle to say to maintain 40-45mph around 1400rpm. These aren't complaints but characteristics, nature of the beast I guess. I can complain about when I called Ford Racing Tech line the guy that answers told me they had not had any trouble codes and that he put me on hold to "ask an engineer" and he supposedly also said no one has had any CEL's with the key. I'm sure they're probably working on a patch. Time will tell.
Old 7/7/14, 07:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mfc133
There was one guy on svt that had the track cal and got the codes. Yeah I had been driving on the highway for about 30 minutes when the CEL appeared. The A/C issue is still there, only on normal A/C. Doesn't seem to happen on max A/C. It's pretty inconsistent, but it mostly happens immediately after decelerating to a stop in gear. I don't think the lopey idle is culprit, it will happen even if lopey idle is disabled. It almost feels like the AC compressor shuts off during decel, and then kicks back on during idle.
That's still a big issue for me. Even though it's avoidable by using max ac. Reason being that EVERY car I've owned and used the max ac opt (if it had it) has had the compressor prematurely go out. Vs when not used, ac stays cold. Could be coincidence? Maybe, but I don't use it personally.

Also I agree that I don't think lopey idle is causing the ac issue directly. However the tune changes all kinds of parameters. And it's very likely that the compressor switch is set to turn off on decel (in error?). I mentioned before that I did a sw update to the tune software I used on the RSX (kpro from hondata). And after I uploaded the same tune I'd been using via the new sw, the ac blew hot. So it could happen.
Old 7/7/14, 07:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 19cobra99
P219B P0420 P0430. They came on while I was cruising. Just normal back road light load around 40mph. I've also noticed a slight "flatness" or dead spot when applying light throttle to say to maintain 40-45mph around 1400rpm. These aren't complaints but characteristics, nature of the beast I guess. I can complain about when I called Ford Racing Tech line the guy that answers told me they had not had any trouble codes and that he put me on hold to "ask an engineer" and he supposedly also said no one has had any CEL's with the key. I'm sure they're probably working on a patch. Time will tell.
Wow, really FR? Own up to the customer at least.
Old 7/7/14, 02:43 PM
GT Member

Just returned from having my Trackey installed.
Simply awesome.
I did not notice any problems with the A/C.
Throttle response is much improved making perfect rev matched heel toe downshifts a breeze.
The surge I used to feel under acceleration at about 3500 RPM is gone and I definitely feel the added HP and Torque.
Deceleration pops through the GT500 mufflers sound great yet not obnoxious.
I let my service adviser drive it. The expletives and smile on his face were priceless.

Last edited by BBM3; 7/7/14 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 7/7/14, 03:21 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Mike and I work for Ford Racing, with Ray.

We received all of the information that Ray requested from you guys, and we are working with that information for a resolution to any issues you guys have. While Ray is out of the office, I just wanted to take a moment to chime in and let you know we appreciate you guys sharing your concerns, and that we'll keep you updated very soon on our progress.

Best,
Mike

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013