Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/14, 04:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

This is a nice way around voiding a warranty due to a tune. If you're fortunate to have a manual mustang gt built after 7/1 then this may be a good option for those who are concerned about warranty coverage.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/category_s/523.htm
Old 3/29/14, 05:55 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Link didn't work
Old 3/29/14, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

It just worked for me.

I'll try again. It may be an iOS issue.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/category_s/523.htm
Old 3/29/14, 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
My view is that the warranty coverage is the same as the Procal, which will add actual power, plus exceptional driving feel, not just change the driving feel alone, as this item claims.
Old 3/29/14, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5LHO
My view is that the warranty coverage is the same as the Procal, which will add actual power, plus exceptional driving feel, not just change the driving feel alone, as this item claims.
It's changing the fuel mixture and timing so it is adjusting the fuel/air table and timing curve like a procal would. It doesn't make any power claims but there has to be. A benefit because that's all they do in a tune is adjust fuel/air and timing curve.
Old 3/29/14, 07:56 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Saw that a while back somewhere in this forum... I talked to my Ford dealer back in January and they indicated it would be available sometime after 4/1/14... So, hopefully the link will allow you to buy it soon.

I was told it will cost about $300, and requires an hour of dealer shop time to install. Dealer guesstimated at around $400 total to update the car. My build date is right, have a manual tranny, I think I am in. I just keep watching the website.
Old 3/29/14, 10:51 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very interested! Subscribing for potential updates.
Old 3/30/14, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
It's changing the fuel mixture and timing so it is adjusting the fuel/air table and timing curve like a procal would. It doesn't make any power claims but there has to be. A benefit because that's all they do in a tune is adjust fuel/air and timing curve.
really...don't you think Ford would advertise this if it was the case. What advantage would there be in keeping it a secret?

It's NOT a power upgrade. We've been down this road before, with the Boss cars. Makes them sound cool, more aggressive but, no consistent, repeatable power benefits.
Old 3/30/14, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
I just got the procal tuner, it should give you more benefits than the track key.
Plus it has the same ford racing warenty!
Old 3/30/14, 04:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

really...don't you think Ford would advertise this if it was the case. What advantage would there be in keeping it a secret?

It's NOT a power upgrade. We've been down this road before, with the Boss cars. Makes them sound cool, more aggressive but, no consistent, repeatable power benefits.
Well I know this. They advertise fuel and timing changes. That's all a tune does. A tune simply changes the fuel/air and timing curves. I am not certain what it is doing and without seeing the exact changes on the table it would be difficult to determine. You are correct. Ford is not making any claims as it may be premature. I have tuned many cars and I don't mean by simply purchasing a tuner with a tune file and uploading a file to my PCM. I mean with software and writing my own files, etc. There is no secret sauce to tuning. Set your AFR and then thrown your car on a dyno and start adjusting the timing curve.
Old 4/2/14, 03:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
if it made power claims, why wouldn't they just say so?
Old 4/2/14, 04:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bocefus
if it made power claims, why wouldn't they just say so?
I am not sure. If you read through the boards the Boss owners are complaining of pinging under acceleration just as the folks running procal tuners. That said I would definitely say the track key is making changes to the tune.
Old 4/2/14, 04:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Well April 1st has come and gone, has anyone else heard when this key is actually going to be available??
Old 4/2/14, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Does a Ford dealer have to install the ProCal tune in order to insure no warranty issues?

I do tend to agree with the others that think the Track Key will yield real results too but it is interesting that there is no specific HP or TQ increase quoted.

Someone said "we've been through this with the Boss" did someone prove that the Boss Track Key results in zero power gains?
Old 4/2/14, 05:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
Does a Ford dealer have to install the ProCal tune in order to insure no warranty issues?

I do tend to agree with the others that think the Track Key will yield real results too but it is interesting that there is no specific HP or TQ increase quoted.

Someone said "we've been through this with the Boss" did someone prove that the Boss Track Key results in zero power gains?
When you go to the Ford Racing site, there is a disclaimer that indicates the ProCal must be installed by an authorized dealer. I am not certain why that is the case. It;s easy enough to flash the ECM with a tuner. LOL
Old 4/3/14, 11:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
Does a Ford dealer have to install the ProCal tune in order to insure no warranty issues
You only have to get it installed at a ford dealer if you are trying to keep the warranty.
I'm getting mine installed at a dealer next week!
Side note all of the people that are having pinging issues with the procal tuner, have other modifications, like cold air intakes, off road H pipes, and such!
I bought the ford power package with the GtT 500 mufflers, and tuner.
I have not heard of anyone that is running just those parts and 91+ octane having any pinging issues, but I will find out next week!
I will keep you updated!
Old 4/4/14, 04:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had the TrackKey installed on my 2012 Boss and never had any issues. Never really saw any power gains and none were mentioned. The Trackkey was all about engine braking and such for track use..... oh, and the really cool lopey idle when the car warmed up.
Old 4/4/14, 07:16 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Well the link is now activated. Costs more than was told, but it is now available.
Old 4/4/14, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
Side note all of the people that are having pinging issues with the procal tuner, have other modifications, like cold air intakes, off road H pipes, and such!
I bought the ford power package with the GtT 500 mufflers, and tuner.
I have not heard of anyone that is running just those parts and 91+ octane having any pinging issues
That's far from the truth. Plenty of guys run the ProCal tune and nothing else and have pinging. And as far as an off road mid pipe you cannot run that with the ProCal.

Last edited by GrabberBlue5.0; 4/4/14 at 02:37 PM.
Old 4/4/14, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Pinging with the Pro-Cal is a common issue. However, after the PCM learns a little, it typically goes away.

-Matt

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013