Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/14, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is it safe to order a Track cal tuner now? Also is it safe to say that any new tuner ordered will have the updated tune installed in it?
Old 7/24/14, 09:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by bullet3z
So is it safe to order a Track cal tuner now? Also is it safe to say that any new tuner ordered will have the updated tune installed in it?
I'm still waiting to make sure it's really fixed. Plus I have plenty of other mods to spend money on until then lol. Tint in a couple weeks, PHB so I can finally lower it, MGW, GT500 shift and e-brake boots, catback etc
Old 7/24/14, 09:56 AM

If I was ordering I would call FRPP directly to make sure first, but I'm about 99.9% sure that it will come with the corrected tune.

Last edited by WNRacing; 7/24/14 at 10:09 AM.
Old 7/24/14, 10:36 AM
V6 Member

They are definitely going the extra mile. Ray even told me to have the tech call him on Saturday and he will walk him through it. And it's his day off so that's dedication and customer service.
Old 7/24/14, 12:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Well ray hasn't officially chimed in yet. But based on his last post being pretty frustrated that it wasn't loaded yet implying that it was ready but the loader was dragging their feet.

Plus BadGT saying that dealers have it. Plus WN saying he got an email from Mike saying a new procal was in the mail. I'd say it's ready.

Keep in mind that the cal version of this tune comes with an empty generic tool and the tune is on a memory card.
Old 7/24/14, 12:33 PM

The new tunes are loaded into the system. All the Customers with Trackey have a new Procal tool going out today and they will have it on Monday.

I am going to try to get the Track Cal SD cards out tomorrow.
Old 7/24/14, 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by raysmust
The new tunes are loaded into the system. All the Customers with Trackey have a new Procal tool going out today and they will have it on Monday. I am going to try to get the Track Cal SD cards out tomorrow.
Boom! Nailed it. Ray do I get a free one for predicting exactly what the plan would be for the key people? Lol
Old 7/24/14, 01:30 PM
V6 Member

The new tunes are loaded into the system. All the Customers with Trackey have a new Procal tool going out today and they will have it on Monday.

I am going to try to get the Track Cal SD cards out tomorrow.
Hey Ray, did you mean all customers with trackcal will get there procals?
Old 7/24/14, 01:32 PM

Trackcal customers already have a Procal and just need a new SD Card for it.

Trackey customers are getting a Procal tool with SD shipped out.
Old 7/24/14, 01:35 PM
V6 Member

Wow Ray. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do u still have my address?
Old 7/24/14, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by OneBadGtCs
Wow Ray. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do u still have my address?
You don't have the kit installed so you just need to go to your appointment on Saturday and have the kit installed.
Old 7/24/14, 02:55 PM
Cobra Member

Ray, are you allowed to give any technical data on what is different on this version of the tune?

Was it literally that monitor being adjusted (thus removing the cel while maintaining the emissions) or was the opportunity taken to adjust anything else too?
Old 7/24/14, 03:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
So does this mean that anyone that orders a Track Key from now on gets a Procal?
Old 7/24/14, 03:34 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ray and Mike,
Thanks for the lightning fast response time and amazing customer service.

Will I keep the ProCal tool you are sending me after I update my TracKey or will I send it back?
It would be nice to have if you Guys make any future enhancements.

Thanks Again.
-Bill
Old 7/24/14, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
So does this mean that anyone that orders a Track Key from now on gets a Procal?
Highly Doubtful.
Old 7/24/14, 03:39 PM
Cobra Member

Nope. As he said to BadGt, he just needs to install it at the dealer. Implying that his address isn't needed bc he isn't getting a procal.

The track key still needs the dealer. Not necessarily to install the tune, but to activate the key to work with the second part of the PCM.

By sending out the procal to existing key users, they will simply overwrite the tune that currently works with the track key, let's call it "the broken track cal." With "the working track cal." And the tool becomes a "gift" for the trouble that people who install the key post today (like BadGT) technically didn't go through.

People that originally had the procal tool and track cal tune will probably need to load the stock tune back on via original memory card and then install the new tune via new memory card. I think if the stock tune isn't put back first, the tool will pull the current tune thinking it's the stock and the real stock tune would be gone. It's an order of operations thing since those PCM's only have one partition.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/24/14 at 03:46 PM.
Old 7/24/14, 03:39 PM
V6 Member

No. Basically if you already had the track key install you would get the tool. If you haven't installed or purchased your track key then you will receive the new update when you go to the dealer so you will not need the tool.

Wish I could get one though after all the trouble I have been through and hopefully not going through again when I go this Saturday.
Old 7/24/14, 04:09 PM
GT Member

The new tunes are loaded into the system. All the Customers with Trackey have a new Procal tool going out today and they will have it on Monday. I am going to try to get the Track Cal SD cards out tomorrow.
Sweet! Can we use it to check and clear codes if, god forbid, anything were to pop up Down the road

Still running strong with no codes here btw

Last edited by solscooter; 7/24/14 at 04:14 PM.
Old 7/24/14, 07:13 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ray,
Very impressed with Ford Racing. Will look for the tool early next week. You have my info.

Tod
Old 7/24/14, 10:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have put 178 miles on my car since it was in the other day for the CEL. I have NOT used the Trackey since I got the car back but low and behold..... The CEL came back on today on my way home from Disney while on the stock tune. To say I am aggravated at this point is putting it mildly. I had no issues what so ever until I added the Trackey. Looks like I'll be back at the dealer at 7am to let them check the codes.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013