Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Meet the Armageddon Twins ()...

Old 4/22/14, 06:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Meet the Armageddon Twins ()...

The past few weeks have been a blur as my GT has been down in NC having the Armageddon Twin Turbo system installed and tuned in addition to hitting the Mustang 50th B-Day at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. The event was killer and the install & tune went very well. AT 8psi on TruDyno's mustang dyno, she put down 637hp/524tq. On a dynojet, these numbers would be about 10% higher. Needless to say the car is an absolute beast. My standing mile related goals require a lot of power and the first major step has been completed. We drove back up to Philly from the event, which is just over 8 hours, without incident with the exception of absolutely destroying a late 90s viper with 5 days of luggage and gobs of stock take-off parts on-board.

I've been on the hunt for the perfect turbo setup for awhile, I started well before I purchased the car in fact and was blown away by the amount of fitment, tuning, and overall quality issues with what was available at the time. My expectations were high but I feel they were right-sized considering the cost to properly run a twin-turbo setup. I expected near perfection for that kind of money. Without question this Armageddon kit is the highest quality, most well thought out kit available for the GT & BOSS.

As for the driving experience, I'm still in shock at how brutally fast the car is. To put things into perspective the fastest cars I've previously owned include a highly modified high 10-sec Evo VIII and low 11-sec 997. After putting my GT through its paces, those cars felt like molasses in comparison. When these Garretts start singing around 3,500rpm and the torque intoxication kicks in, everything goes all Kill Bill and literally a few seconds later you've hit 100 and just then your body remembers that breathing is important. I'm no longer into drag racing but we'd be looking at high 9s with my GT on slicks all day given my existing suspension mods and a better than me driver : o ).

I've got tons of install pics to post but we just got back from NC yesterday and I haven't had time to go through them all. In the meantime, here is a quick cam-shot of the engine bay and the dyno results.

More info on the Armageddon Mustang Twin Turbo System itself can be found here.

As promised, here are the pics with captions from Dave & Jeremiah at Armageddon & TruDyno Performance. Dyno results are at the bottom!

The wastegates are located in an ideal position to control boost and then route to the downpipe after an ideal distance to provide additional scavenging benefits. A stainless-steel bellows in the wastegate bypass tube prevents cracking.

All components in their final place. Note the air-gap around all hotside components to avoid underhood damage. All boost-pipe connections are straight, contain a 360* beadform, a 4ply silicone coupler and T-Bolts on each connection to avoid boost pipe blow-offs.

OEM fitment of Armageddon 3” Exhaust retains factory ground clearance, while maintain a true 3” all the way to the exhaust tips for the ultimate in efficiency.

X-Pipes are a restriction on turbocharged vehicles. An H-Pipe connection maintains down-pipe equalization without increases harmful backpressure

Here you can see how the exhaust maintains OEM clearance

Plug-and-Play headlight extension harness and OEM style washer reservoir fill maintain a factory look under the hood.

Details Matter! Laser-cut Battery Relocation tray gives a refined look in your engine bay.

304 Stainless Steel downpipes feature professional TiG welds and V-Band connections for simplified installation.

Before installing factory radiator and injector vanity covers.

Ideal o2 Sensor placement allows for easy tuning and retention of the factory wideband functionality.

Oil-Pressure Tap with A/N lines and OEM oil pressure sensor port

Aluminum charge piping saves on weight and will not transfer heat to your charged air.

Every kit is serial-numbered for warranty tracking and the best customer support in the industry.

Fuel-Line relocation is OEM quality and routes fuel away from heat sources

ECU and Fuse Box relocated away from heat sources for reliability

Welded -10 AN return drains: The correct way to finish off your turbocharging oiling system.

A/C Relocation to route low pressure A/C line away from heat sources

Another good shot of Oil Drain placement

Everything comes properly packaged and protected for the ride to your install location

304 Stainless Steel: The right material for the job

Kooks provided components shipped straight from the factory the SAME DAY they are ordered.

Windshield washer reservoir: Again the details matter! Factory washer pump is plug-and-play into our relocated unit

A good shot of our 360* bead-form on the end of all charge piping

We’ve thought of everything: Relocation bracket and J-Clip on intercooler to locate grill in a factory manner

Random pre-serious footage capturing clips. I'm working on somewhat of a structured version and will post it up soon.

Attached Thumbnails Meet the Armageddon Twins ()...-armageddon-twin-turbo-mustang.jpg  

Last edited by figit; 5/4/14 at 08:39 PM. Reason: converted emoticon to old fashioned smiley ftw.
Old 4/22/14, 07:01 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wicked!
Old 4/22/14, 07:12 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That looks awesome.
Old 4/22/14, 07:13 PM
GT Member

So sick man. Incredible kit too. Stock motor?
Old 4/22/14, 07:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jmaStang
So sick man. Incredible kit too. Stock motor?
Yep, 100% stock. The efficiency of the system's design paired with TruDyno's extensive coyote experience make for an incredibly stable setup that is 1200hp capable (with the base/included GT3076Rs) but designed for long-term usage on a stock car. Eventually I'll have a built block but there is a certain stock block title I aim to pick up so it needs to stay stock for now.
Old 4/22/14, 09:44 PM
Banned

holy ****. I want one. :-) grats on the awesomeness.
Old 4/22/14, 09:48 PM
Cobra Member

Nice setup!! Looks great.
Old 4/22/14, 09:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
holy ****. I want one. :-) grats on the awesomeness.
THANKS!
Old 4/22/14, 10:04 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Looking forward to a short video or soundclip and more photos!
Old 4/23/14, 05:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Holy. crap.

Amazing stuff. Thanks for the writeup...that's one badass Mustang you have going there. Truly inspirational.

I can't wait to hear more.
Old 4/23/14, 06:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Nice #'s, what does a setup like that cost ?
Old 4/23/14, 07:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
Looks like you already have a GT500 or two... no?
Old 4/23/14, 07:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
About 10500 plus labor it looks.
Old 4/23/14, 07:42 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
This kit runs right at $10,500. Right now Armageddon is offering free installation and tuning, which would normally run right around 2k.
Old 4/23/14, 07:46 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Looking forward to a short video or soundclip and more photos!
much MUCH more to come, I'm trying to find a gopro seat mount that will work with my Recaros, typically they attach to the two slim head-rest rods but I have no rods. I might have to go old-school and have my wife hold it while I drive.
Old 4/23/14, 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dude, that's amazing. I will have that build someday It's what i've always wanted.

Glad to know everything went well, and more importantly, the stock motor is handling all that without any hickup.
Old 4/23/14, 10:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Will the bottom end hold up to that much boost?
Old 4/23/14, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
Will the bottom end hold up to that much boost?
It's all in the tune really. Our block can certainly handle it, in fact I had originally planned on running 10psi. I've seen dozens of horror stories where people throw a rod running a mere 4psi but again, that is almost always the result of shoddy tuning. If done right, these coyotes absolutely love boost.

Ok so I'm wading through the install pics now and should have a bunch posted by this evening.
Old 4/23/14, 02:02 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Three thoughts:
1)
2)

And 3)
Old 4/23/14, 04:38 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
That's pretty killer man. I bet that car screams and pulls like a beast. Looks like a clean set up as well. Garret turbos have been around for a while.
I just have a couple of questions, if you don't mind. (I'm NOT being facetious or sarcastic when asking these. Just very curious.)
What are those pad like things on your shock towers in the engine bay? I assume to dissipate heat because of where the exhaust piping goes to the turbos? (For no heat soak?)
Also,....you have some killer numbers, which is awesome. I assume you are over 700hp on the stock block/internals, at the crank? Why do most say that over 600RWHP on the stock block can be deadly on the block/internals, but you're above that and not worried about your stock block/internals?
Thanks man. Enjoy that beast!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meet the Armageddon Twins ()...