Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Beefcake Vortech/Paxton

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/14, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beefcake Vortech/Paxton

I am about to order one of these and just cant make up my mind which on. Its either the beefcake special vortech or paxton. Help me decide before I pull my hair out!
Old 4/16/14, 09:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

End goal?

Plan on putting a motor in the car?

If you are cool with 600 wheel and no plans of cranking it up I would go Vortech, the pitch helps you a little down low.

If you are cool with 600 and understand one day a bottom end will go in then go Paxton, as it cane out flow.

If you have no plans of making 600+ or putting a motor in the car and do mostly street driving a TVS may be an even better option.
Old 4/16/14, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by slostang
End goal?

If you are cool with 600 wheel and no plans of cranking it up I would go Vortech, the pitch helps you a little down low.

If you are cool with 600 and understand one day a bottom end will go in then go Paxton, as it cane out flow.

If you have no plans of making 600+ or putting a motor in the car and do mostly street driving a TVS may be an even better option.
I want to be around 630rwhp. No plans on building motor but who knows that day may come.
Old 4/16/14, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slostang
End goal?

Does the Paxton have that much more than the Vortech?
Old 4/16/14, 09:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought the Paxton Novi 2200 and Vortech V3 Si-trim were the same head unit (same company, different "brands"). I had a Vortech V2 S-trim in my '07 GT and it was simply a Paxton Novi 1200. Did the two brands differentiate their head units somehow?
Old 4/17/14, 02:03 AM
Former Vendor

Paxton can make a bit more HP in the end than the Vortech. OP, I shot you a pm. We match Beef's "special" pricing Everyone pretty much has to sell that kit at the same price. We also have our own tuner so we can be your one stop shop!
Old 4/17/14, 04:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Paxton can make a bit more HP in the end than the Vortech. OP, I shot you a pm. We match Beef's "special" pricing Everyone pretty much has to sell that kit at the same price. We also have our own tuner so we can be your one stop shop!
I already have the tuner. I just can't decide if I will be getting into the motor in the future.
Old 4/17/14, 07:35 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 25bduse
I already have the tuner. I just can't decide if I will be getting into the motor in the future.
Vortec is a great unit. Paxton makes great power but I would probably use Paxton on a race car over a street car. Vortec units last a very long time and still make great power. My vote is go with Vortec and stay away from Procharger.
Old 4/17/14, 01:46 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ Al, why is that? You know, you're not the first person that's said that. I was just curious as to why.

OP, why no TVS? I wanted roots all the way. I didn't want the "snail"...
Old 4/17/14, 02:01 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ Al, why is that? You know, you're not the first person that's said that. I was just curious as to why. OP, why no TVS? I wanted roots all the way. I didn't want the "snail"...
Paxton really puts out some air. The blower unit just doesn't have the track record of lasting that long and they like to blow up motors. Vortec units last a very long time and still produce very well. Procharger just doesn't produce. The inter cooler is a big sale tactic for procharger but they just don't get the job done.
The twin screw blowers are great but some applications the snail blowers are a better option. Way too much low end torque is hard to control. If I were to buy a newer GT, it would probably have a big Vortec blower in it.
Old 4/17/14, 02:35 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Paxton really puts out some air. The blower unit just doesn't have the track record of lasting that long and they like to blow up motors. Vortec units last a very long time and still produce very well. Procharger just doesn't produce. The inter cooler is a big sale tactic for procharger but they just don't get the job done.
The twin screw blowers are great but some applications the snail blowers are a better option. Way too much low end torque is hard to control. If I were to buy a newer GT, it would probably have a big Vortec blower in it.

I agree.... first hand experience
Old 4/17/14, 11:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Vortec units last a very long time and still produce very well.
I really enjoyed the Vortech V2 S-trim I had in my '07 GT. Very reliable and very good performance for a great price. That was a daily driver that made many passes at the dragstrip for several years and it is still going strong for the guy that bought the car from me 6 years after the blower went on.
Old 4/18/14, 06:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I thought the Paxton Novi 2200 and Vortech V3 Si-trim were the same head unit (same company, different "brands"). I had a Vortech V2 S-trim in my '07 GT and it was simply a Paxton Novi 1200. Did the two brands differentiate their head units somehow?
The Paxton has a wheel a little more geared for the bigger power, out flows.

The Vortech is a great unit(I think I may go Vortech) but the wheel gives up some high power numbers, but does a little better down low.
Old 4/18/14, 08:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Do you guys think the Boss intake is worth the money on stock motor?
Old 4/18/14, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Someone else may correct me here, but from all the research I've done the answer is no. The research I've done basically all says that you're going to lose some torque on the low end and the HP gains you'll see, which aren't huge, will only be seen above stock redline which means you'd have to retune to adjust redline. You'd have to retune anyway to see any significant improvement with the new intake manifold anyway from what I've read. But unless you're racing this thing on a road course and you're constantly revving above 6k, you're not getting anything out of it. It does look cool though. So I guess if you're ok with the compromises of it all, you'd have a cool looking intake manifold under the hood. Can't deny that it looks awesome.
Old 4/18/14, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Boss Intake coupled with 3.73's and a good tune is a great combo
Old 4/19/14, 08:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Burke985
Boss Intake coupled with 3.73's and a good tune is a great combo
I have 3.31's and I plan on sticking with it.
Old 4/19/14, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Well...Looks like I will be ordering one of these Monday along with a set of BBK headers. I am still on the fence between Paxton/Vortech. Hopefully I can decide by then.
Old 4/20/14, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

What's the difference between the beefcake special and the hypermotive vortech/paxton kits?
Old 4/23/14, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Wellllll Good News!!!! The order is in!!! Beefcake Paxton Special. The horrible wait has began.

Quick Reply: Beefcake Vortech/Paxton