Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Mobile Ease Button Problem

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/10, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mobile Ease Button Problem

Anybody have their Mobile Ease button quite working? When I get into my car, my phone pairs up no problem with the Mobile Ease system. If a call comes in, it rings through the system. However, when I push the button on the fob to answer, nothing happens. I have to answer on the actual phone. Or, if I am driving and want to make a call and hit the fob call button, again nothing. However, occasionally it will start working if I delete the pairing and re-pair, but only for a while. Bad fob? Loose wire? Battery somewhere in the fob that needs replacing?
Old 1/14/10, 07:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Anybody, anybody, Bueller?
Old 2/1/10, 09:56 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a problem with the phone not the mobile ease. I had a phone that would work sometimes and not others, It would loose the pairing and have to be repaired. I though the whole bluetooth thing was garbage and was ready to give up on the hole thing. That was an LG phone. Now I have a Samsung and it is rock solid. Pairs every time and gives me no trouble on calls.
Old 5/27/10, 10:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I think I'm going to have to solve it by buying a 2011 5.0 with Sync.....
Old 7/27/10, 05:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Well the problem has not gone away. It definitely isn't the phone. Sometimes the fob just doesn't do anything. None of the buttons work at all. It seems to come and go. The fob will work for weeks and then just stop working for a day or so, then back to working. It is as if there is a short in the wire or a battery backup problem or some other hiccup in the button to the MObile-Ease brain connection. I've Googled it and haven't seen anybody else post a similar problem.
Old 10/16/12, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok, old post but updating. The problem persisted with my Droid 2. Now I have the new Samsung Galaxy S3 and when I scan for available bluetooth, it doesn't even come up as being on. The fob does nothing, no lights or anything. I guess my only option is to get a clip on device like I have in my F150.
Old 10/18/13, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2007 V6 coupe that I bought used in May of this year. Mobile ease was already installed when I bought the car. Initially, I was able to pair a couple of phones and make and receive calls with no problem. I also have a factory remote starter and Shaker 500 with Sirius.

All of a sudden none of the four options on the top button of the fob are working. I can make calls fine but can no longer receive calls or pair phones etc, in essence the entire large top button above the "face" are not working.

Is there a way to troubleshoot? Is there a tech support like for this product?

Thanks.