2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/10, 08:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.

I got these coming in the mail,,,Name:  !BeBgJH!BGk~$(KGrHqEH-CUErez1tw,lBK7gdpJHC!~~_12.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  21.5 KB,I think I really need these now ,need to get my bite back ,,lost alittle grip in the rear when I lowered the car .I will post some more pictures here later after install,,please give me a week or so,,,
Old 5/7/10, 05:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS
I got these coming in the mail,,,Attachment 75090,I think I really need these now ,need to get my bite back ,,lost alittle grip in the rear when I lowered the car .I will post some more pictures here later after install,,please give me a week or so,,,
got them today,,very nice work,the power coat red will go great with the black,,
Old 5/8/10, 10:25 PM
Cobra R Member

did some clear coating today on all the suspension parts today leting them dry until next week ,,might change /get me a new pan hard bar a ( adjustable ) one,,I'll have to remove it to do the lower control arm relocatin brackets,,,not saying I need it ,but it will be good to have already in place,,in case I do,,," WHY " I clear coat the suspension parts ,,just my crazy ways,,and it keeps everything looking nice for a long time,,car show thing.,,,thanks for looking in .,,,respectfully Richard.

Last edited by ricksGT/CS; 5/8/10 at 10:26 PM.
Old 5/9/10, 09:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

got them today,,very nice work,the power coat red will go great with the black,,
got them on the car ,,its still in the air,,have to work tomrrow ran out of time,,,here is the install papers ,,steo by step,,they look pretty cool,on the car,,great kit ,only took me a hour on each side,,great fit to all the holes line up ,,comes with all the hardware to ,pretty easy if I say,,did it all by myself,,still doing some painting / and cleaning while its in the air thoe,might be this coming weekend before I can get the pictures up / posted,,but they are coming,,[ATTACH]Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-picture-004.jpg[/ATTACH],,
Attached Thumbnails Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-picture-003.jpg  
Old 5/10/10, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

What do you use for clear coat?
Old 5/10/10, 03:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Originally Posted by goldhillstang
What do you use for clear coat?
Hey friend,,I use spray can,,,,Dupli-Color,high heat engine enamel ,part number DE1636 Clear,,,most auto parts store have it,12oz can cost alittle more than $ 5.00 dollars,,works great,,it has a clear cap on it,,hope to have the car back on the ground something later tonight.the pan bar will have to wait until next month,the one I want is costly,,,cost alot,,also looking at the Roush lower control arms,,take care my friend,,later,,PS,,did you go to the Huntsville show on the 8th,,,,
Old 5/10/10, 07:49 PM
Cobra R Member

the car is on the ground ,everything seems to be AOK,,,took it for alittle ride,,still seems fine,," NO " I have not gotten into it,,from a dead stop ,going to take it slow for awhile ,,then I'll see what happens ,,not done with the rear end just yet,,this is the first on many rear end mods,,so thanks again for looking in,next post here will be ( pictures ) maybe this coming weekend.
Old 5/10/10, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Great! Waiting on the pics. Glad to see someone moddin' their car. No, I didn't make it to the Huntsville show. Had to work Sunday so I took the family out Sat. for Mother's day. I'm definately going to H'ville next year. I'm probably going to be in P'cola In July for the Blue Angel's (I think the 10th) maybe you could bring the 'stang over and we could have a cold one
Old 5/10/10, 09:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Great! Waiting on the pics. Glad to see someone moddin' their car. No, I didn't make it to the Huntsville show. Had to work Sunday so I took the family out Sat. for Mother's day. I'm definately going to H'ville next year. I'm probably going to be in P'cola In July for the Blue Angel's (I think the 10th) maybe you could bring the 'stang over and we could have a cold one
sounds great,,I owe you one anyway,,never got a call back( P'cola National Show ) and saw all the winners in the " Mustang Times ",this month,this grille thing is going to kill me,,take care ,look for the pictures this weekend.I got something pretty cool coming in the mail,hopfully this week,,just wait until you see it,,,anyway the pan hard bar I want is about $ 200.00 and the Roush bullet lower control arms are almost $ 300.00,,,,take car.
Old 5/13/10, 04:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

I got these coming in the mail,,,Attachment 75090,I think I really need these now ,need to get my bite back ,,lost alittle grip in the rear when I lowered the car .I will post some more pictures here later after install,,please give me a week or so,,,
O.K as promised ,,here you all go,,,pictures,Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-049345-r1-05-20a.jpg

Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-049345-r1-06-19a.jpg

Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-049345-r1-07-18a.jpg

Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-049345-r1-08-17a.jpg

Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-049345-r1-16-9a.jpg,,,and " NO " the yellow Ford decal sticker did not come with the brackets.
Old 5/13/10, 04:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

[quote=ricksGT/CS;5861514]I got these coming in the mail,,,Attachment 75090,I think I really need these now ,need to get my bite back ,,lost alittle grip in the rear when I lowered the car .I will post some more pictures here later after install,,please give me a week or so,,,[/quote ,,,here are a few more,,Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-049345-r1-20-5a.jpg

Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-049345-r1-11-14a.jpg

Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-049345-r1-10-15a.jpg

Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-049345-r1-09-16a.jpg

Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.-049345-r1-19-6a.jpg
Old 5/13/10, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's really pretty. What does relocating the lower arm pickup points do?
Old 5/13/10, 05:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Originally Posted by frank s
it puts more weight back on the rear tires ,,when you lower the car the rear end is pushed up ,so the relocation brackets put the rear lower control arms back to stock level.
Old 5/14/10, 10:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by frank s
It helps control wheel hop on those massive smoky burnouts Rick likes to do Looks good man! Your car is so clean
Old 5/19/10, 08:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

It helps control wheel hop on those massive smoky burnouts Rick likes to do Looks good man! Your car is so clean
,,,why,thank you ,nice of you to say that ,,burnouts ,,what burnouts ,,,
Old 5/23/10, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So does it make a diff ?? Our sons car wheel hops like crazy with the 285's on the back
Old 5/23/10, 02:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Talking

Originally Posted by YardSpecial
So does it make a diff ?? Our sons car wheel hops like crazy with the 285's on the back
,,at this point I would have to say yes,,there is a big difference at dead stop take offs,,for me ,,my $.02 cents,,tires cost to much to replace every year,so I like it ,money well spent ,cost me around $ 120.00 with shipping off ebay great company and kit,,everything fit .
Old 5/24/10, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by YardSpecial
Good to know!!! I haven't even tried a hard launch since I put the 285's on the rear. Guess I'll wait until I finish my suspension mods.
Old 5/24/10, 04:17 PM
GT Member

,,,why,thank you ,nice of you to say that ,,burnouts ,,what burnouts ,,,
The ones u do when u leave my house LOL, lookin good
Old 5/24/10, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by truckmec67
The ones u do when u leave my house LOL, lookin good
AHAA! I knew those rear tire treads were worn way too much for the mileage on the car!!!

Quick Reply: Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets.