Alloy Grey Alloy Grey 2007+ Mustangs

God I love Alloy Grey

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/11, 11:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
God I love Alloy Grey

I thought about stripes but why mess with perfection. Did you know only 5% of 08's were painted Alloy Grey?
Attached Thumbnails God I love Alloy Grey-2008-mustang-gt.jpg  
Old 4/20/11, 12:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cardwiz428
I thought about stripes but why mess with perfection. Did you know only 5% of 08's were painted Alloy Grey?
I tell you that is the most perfect shade of gray ever... I love the darkness. That color is so rich looking that it really looks perfect without any stripes. It also has such great highlights in the bodyside sculpting. I hate to see you ever trash it!

If you really insist on ever doing something then keep it simple and edited. You can do a simple rocker stripe and be done with it, preferably a lighter shade of gray metallic.

In lieu of rocker stripes, you could do just a lighter gray metallic or silver 1970 Mach 1 style hood stripe. It would add extra interest without being too much. A silver hood stripe would tie in well with the original silver wheels if you intend to keep them.

I would avoid dual over the top stripes like the plague that they are. That has been done to death and it is now so cliche'. Just about every late model Mustang have the over the top stripes. When I first got my white 08, I wanted blue Shelby stripes to make it resemble my first car, a 1976 Cobra II white with blue stripes. I am so glad I never followed through because the look is now so overdone that it no longer seems special and unique.

I had the opposite dilemma you are having. I do not like a solid white car. It just looks too bland with no character. I had my original black rocker stripes off for a couple of months recently to know for sure I hate a plain white car.

I got bored with my plain black rocker stripe. I wanted something a little more interesting and bold. I started looking at 1969 style Boss reverse C-stripes. I found several replications of them. Then shortly afterwards the new 2012 Boss 302 was released I wanted some stripes that more closely replicated those exact proportions. I found some and got them. They add just the right boldness and flash for my white car without looking too subdued and so common.

Now I am trying to decide on a style of a black hood stripe or maybe a black painted hood scoop.

Last edited by watchdevil; 4/20/11 at 01:31 AM.