Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

WTF Lava Red not available with V6PP? Stupid!

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/11, 12:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
WTF Lava Red not available with V6PP? Stupid!

Why does Ford do these things? They finally fixed the Stone interior, making it the way it should have been all along (and available with the Glass Roof), then they go and do some stupid crap like this. Well, that and dropping Sterling Gray. They should have replaced Red Candy with Lava Red and kept SG.
Old 2/2/11, 12:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
Why does Ford do these things? They finally fixed the Stone interior, making it the way it should have been all along (and available with the Glass Roof), then they go and do some stupid crap like this. Well, that and dropping Sterling Gray. They should have replaced Red Candy with Lava Red and kept SG.
Old 2/2/11, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huh. They must not have the parts for it painted in Lava Red.
Old 2/2/11, 02:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
...They finally fixed the Stone interior, making it the way it should have been all along ...
What was wrong with the stone interior? I actually prefer the way my stone interior looks compared to the 2012 which increases the amount of black/charcoal and just has stone inserts in the door panels.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 2/2/11 at 02:33 PM.
Old 2/2/11, 02:35 PM

I'm confused as to your statement about the Stone interior?? But your'e not kidding about the Sterling Grey being discontinued..how @@#@@! is that???
airlaird
Old 2/2/11, 06:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The door panels and scuff plates are items that easily show dirt and scratches...having them Stone wasn't a good call. Which is why they made them Charcoal.
Old 2/2/11, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
As my fourth vehicle with light colored door panels (gray, tan, neutral, and now stone), I have never had a problem keeping them clean and they certainly lighten up the interior.
Old 2/3/11, 04:38 AM

Regarding the shrinking Ford interior color palette---------Cost Effectiveness----AKA More Bonuses for the Big Boys on cost saving measures! In 1995 they had a full red interior on the Mustang and a full forest green interior on the Thunderbird! Remember the 80's when we had a blue interior in the Foxes? Well OK FORD, my suggestion is then since you want everything to be charcoal/black on the interior then at least give us MORE color options on the seat/door panels/steering wheel cover colors, and that way you keep the bean counters and the customers happy!!! Or better yet I would be willing to pay a little extra to get a custom color exterior and interior, ala the programs in the 60's! Heck make it a dealer installed option to ofset the cost! Ford is touting their NEW customization program, I dont see any of it! Porsche beats everyone hands down on the customization program! Ok that was my nickles worth! Anyone at FORD reading these posts??? You should, since you claim to be listening to customers!!!
Old 2/3/11, 07:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most manufacturers should offer more interior colors. The vast majority of cars offer black, tan, grey, and not much else. In the case of the Mustang, it would be nice if they offered a dark blue interior, even if it's only with the Premium package.

I agree on the Lava Red, too. It's a shame you can't get it with the V6PP. Maybe next year?
Old 2/3/11, 08:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by crveni
Regarding the shrinking Ford interior color palette---------Cost Effectiveness----AKA More Bonuses for the Big Boys on cost saving measures! In 1995 they had a full red interior on the Mustang and a full forest green interior on the Thunderbird!
People have selective memory. I worked for Ford back then. Yeah, they had forest green, but only another 3 or so colours per vehicle.

The Mustang interiors are keyed off the seat choice, you have 7 colours in leather, 2 in cloth (with 2 types of cloth seats), and the recaros as well.

Take your $35,000 into a Porsche dealership, see how customized you can get one.
Old 2/3/11, 08:45 AM
GTR Member

A blue interior option similar to what the GTO had recently would be awesome. Make it identical to the brick red option, with cashmere stripe, and I would have checked that box when I ordered mine.

You figure that a "Ford blue" interior would be available on Grabber Blue, Kona Blue, Black, White, and Sterling Grey.

Last edited by Overboost; 2/3/11 at 08:49 AM.
Old 2/3/11, 02:10 PM
MOTM Committee Member

In Motor TRend when the 2005 stang debuted they photoshopped in a Ford Blue interior. It looked really good. It was in a grey car with silver lemans stripes. Can anyone find a pic?
Old 2/3/11, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
In Motor TRend when the 2005 stang debuted they photoshopped in a Ford Blue interior. It looked really good. It was in a grey car with silver lemans stripes. Can anyone find a pic?
Ask and ye shall receive

Last edited by marc0699; 2/3/11 at 02:49 PM.
Old 2/3/11, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes I agree with lack of the color choices for the interior. I also would like to see the entire interior the same color. Making the seats one color and the doors and dash black or charcole does not work with all seat colors. i.e. saddle seats and charcole doors and dash... quick were's the barff bag.
Old 2/3/11, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by marc0699
Ask and ye shall receive

God I still love the overall look of this original hand built GT prototype coupe! Many a Mustang fan saw this for the first time and then fell in love all over again! It probably got scraped or crushed or something? Heres hoping that Mr. William Clay had the foresight to have this beauty put away in a FoMoCo museum or their show car storage somewhere for the future Ford generations to remember the beginings of the S-197 production! Sorry! Did not mean to steal in on this Lava thread.

Anyone here know just what happened to this Stang? Brad how about you. Any ideas on this? "RC"
Old 2/3/11, 04:22 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Thanks Marc that's the one. There's an interior shot floating around somewhere too
Old 2/3/11, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
As my fourth vehicle with light colored door panels (gray, tan, neutral, and now stone), I have never had a problem keeping them clean and they certainly lighten up the interior.
I'm with Chris on this one. When I read that the changed several of the interior panels to charcol, I was extremely happy that I bought my 2011 instead of waiting for a 2012.
Old 2/3/11, 08:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I think if they solved the problem of having people back out of special orders then maybe they could offer more colors. It is always a risk with any unusual color or option combination as to whether or not the dealer will be able to sell it if the person who orders it backs out. As nice as those blue seats are, I can see a dealer having to reduce the price to get someone to take it. To solve this, I personally would be willing to pay a larger deposit to offset the costs of the greater risk the dealer is taking in selling these. A natrual thing that would follow if Ford did offer special order only colors is that some of the emphasis of selling cars would have to shift from walking on the dealer lot and getting one, to have more emphasis on encouraging special orders. Now, this clearly would not work for all models, but for ones like the Mustang which has a loyal following of people who are going to special order anyway, I think it would make sense. I think if Ford really got creative with this, not just on car and seat colors, but on things like available stronger forged internals and suspension upgrades, it could really help sell more vehicles while helping their customers get more customization for the same or less than they would aftermarket. I would imagine that eventually if someone did this, they could make a lot of money.
Old 2/3/11, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

The door panels and scuff plates are items that easily show dirt and scratches...having them Stone wasn't a good call. Which is why they made them Charcoal.
Just got my first light colored interior, I think its more of a tan color or beige. It looks white on Fords Build and Price website, so I was very skeptical about it looking decent. Either way, it shows scuff marks MUCH less than black interiors that I've had, and looks very nice. I've gotten a lot of props for the nice interior already. Classy...
Old 2/3/11, 10:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The 2005 show car wasn't shopped. It originally had a blue interior for that photoshoot, but Ford switched it to charcoal before that car hit the show circuit...

Quick Reply: WTF Lava Red not available with V6PP? Stupid!