2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

why even order a boss 302 laguna seca

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/12, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why even order a boss 302 laguna seca

so this is something thats on my mind. on 9/12/11 i placed my order for a 2013 laguna seca in black, today for some reason i get the urge to type 2013 boss 302 laguna seca into ebay and find 2 for sale sitting at dealerships. so what the hell was the point of ordering one if i could have just waited and picked one up instead of having to wait for mine. why doesn't ford take care of the people who ordered them first instead of giving the cars to some dealership who ordered a car for themselves with the hope of cashing in on the rarity of these vehicles?

I'm sorry, i guess I'm just tired of the wait while i see the car that ordered just sitting in a showroom
Old 5/9/12, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You didn't order anything. Your dealership ordered one. I don't think they even have to sell you the one they ordered.

The dealerships that have them did order theirs. They didn't just magically appear.

Cancel your order and go buy the one you saw.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 5/9/12 at 02:35 PM.
Old 5/9/12, 02:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You ordered yours to suit your wants as for options....based also on possible lack of availability.

Those for sale may have been deals that were backed out of....
Old 5/9/12, 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Also, your order wasn't actually placed on 9/12/11. It got placed with the rest of your dealer's orders once the order banks opened earlier this year.
Old 5/9/12, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by r5costella
so this is something thats on my mind. on 9/12/11 i placed my order for a 2013 laguna seca in black, today for some reason i get the urge to type 2013 boss 302 laguna seca into ebay and find 2 for sale sitting at dealerships. so what the hell was the point of ordering one if i could have just waited and picked one up instead of having to wait for mine. why doesn't ford take care of the people who ordered them first instead of giving the cars to some dealership who ordered a car for themselves with the hope of cashing in on the rarity of these vehicles?

I'm sorry, i guess I'm just tired of the wait while i see the car that ordered just sitting in a showroom
i agree, i went through the same process, jsut got my 5.0 vert 3 weeks ago...the only real difference .... i havent seen a white one yet...and i ordered white....find comfort in that you ordered the car your way...but i agree, why wouldnt ford make the cars ordered by retail first...it keeps the cash flow going for them, and their dealer better...than cars sitting not selling on the lot.
Old 5/9/12, 03:51 PM
Cobra Member

I went through that last year, as I waited for my 12 Boss. I almost cancelled mine and bought one. But my dealer has been good to me, so I just waited. Ordered mine on 12/10, drove off the lot 6/20/11 and forgot all about the wait with no regrets!
Old 5/9/12, 04:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supply and demand may have something to do with it. :shrug: If all orders were shipped right out then a backlog wouldn't be created increasing demand etc. There's a reason behind every decision made from the hierarchy on down. YOU have the option of canceling the order and your dealership can sit on the Boss LS if the order has truly gone through. I would have firm words with my stealership if I felt I was getting hosed.
Old 5/9/12, 06:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Think of this too.....they have sold one to you and most likely you will wait for it. Without any, or very few on dealers lots for general consumption by the public, they would have some pass on a sale or order. Again....just a business decision.
Old 5/9/12, 06:54 PM
GT Member

Did your dealer have an allocation in the first place, or are they just hoping to pick one up later? This thread may be informative for you:

https://themustangsource.com/f767/al...fusion-508391/
Old 5/10/12, 05:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wish I could afford one of these.....
Old 5/10/12, 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BigR
but i agree, why wouldnt ford make the cars ordered by retail first...it keeps the cash flow going for them, and their dealer better...than cars sitting not selling on the lot.
Actually it would slow production down and cost Ford a lot of extra money.

Ford runs a production line. They've got a set schedule on what kind of cars are produced and when. Your "special order" car is nothing more than a standard car that was picked from the production like because it was closest to what you ordered, and then it's modified from there.

Ford isn't going to change their whole production schedule to make a handful of custom order cars first. They just stick to the schedule and modify the custom order cars as standard production allows.
Old 5/10/12, 03:36 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you order a car so yuo get the options you want. If you want a car and do not care about the options just do a dealer search.. geez
Old 5/10/12, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Moustang
Actually it would slow production down and cost Ford a lot of extra money.

Ford runs a production line. They've got a set schedule on what kind of cars are produced and when. Your "special order" car is nothing more than a standard car that was picked from the production like because it was closest to what you ordered, and then it's modified from there.

Ford isn't going to change their whole production schedule to make a handful of custom order cars first. They just stick to the schedule and modify the custom order cars as standard production allows.
I would think its more than just one production line...considering the amount of cars that are made, even if they are mustangs. I wouldn't consider an order for a mustang "special order" .... But then again, I could be wrong
Old 5/10/12, 07:22 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

all mustangs are special orders. dealers put in orders just the same if its what they are ordering for dealer stock or for a customer order.
Old 5/10/12, 07:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
all mustangs are special orders. dealers put in orders just the same if its what they are ordering for dealer stock or for a customer order.
Then why do dealer orders come in before retail order ?
Old 5/10/12, 08:22 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

im sure one of the dealer guys on here will have a good reason. I would think it would have to do with batching and when the dealer orders are put in to the system.
Old 5/16/12, 11:58 PM
Bullitt Member

i can't believe I got a google alert on this topic... had to check the hoopla
geez...probably a troll anyway...
While I am here I mightas well chime in and get back to boss-302.com
FWIW: This might help someone in the fture
Basically what the other people are trying to tell you is true.
The dealership is obligated to Ford as its customer, not you being the factorys customer. Far from the truth.
You order a car with the options you choose and you wait...plain and simple.
ALSO what people also do not understand....even if it is a "sold" order the manufacture (FORD) is not obligated to sell YOU, the customer a car.
Easiest way to get this is think of it this way. The dealership is the customer. Ford motor company has an established relation ship to its dealers. Ford Sells its cars to its Dealerships. Think of it almost as a franchise in a way, but not exactly the same as there are laws governing how dealers and car manufacturers work. Just hope that your dealership had allocation for a LS to start with. If they did I am sure they will be willing to honor it and call you when your LS comes in. If you don't purchase it at the time of delivery I am sure the dealership will be more than happy to sell the car to someone else who will be tickled **** pink to get it. Let me throw you another scenario so this might make some since. Say you ordered your car. Your dealership puts your order into the system and Ford builds your car. Your car gets built, and then it ships. Ford invoices the dealership for your said vehicle. So lets say when the time comes and your dealership calls you and can't get ahold of you because you decided to buy a used ford pinto instead, and also changed your cell phone number and the dealership can no longer get a hold of you. How much time do you think the dealer will try and hold your car until they hear from you? Exactly!
The first person that shows up to that dealership with cash ( or any means of financing) will get the car that you ordered. You see, the dealership is obligated to the manufacturer to get a buyer for that car. If they can't find a buyer and that car will sit out on the lot accruing $500 a month in storage fees give or take for how long it sits there. Thats why the dealerships are in business...to move cars... not to hang on to them.
End of rant and soap box.....
Old 5/17/12, 12:09 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by osso12
i can't believe I got a google alert on this topic... had to check the hoopla
geez...probably a troll anyway...
While I am here I mightas well chime in and get back to boss-302.com
FWIW: This might help someone in the fture
Basically what the other people are trying to tell you is true.
The dealership is obligated to Ford as its customer, not you being the factorys customer. Far from the truth.
You order a car with the options you choose and you wait...plain and simple.
ALSO what people also do not understand....even if it is a "sold" order the manufacture (FORD) is not obligated to sell YOU, the customer a car.
Easiest way to get this is think of it this way. The dealership is the customer. Ford motor company has an established relation ship to its dealers. Ford Sells its cars to its Dealerships. Think of it almost as a franchise in a way, but not exactly the same as there are laws governing how dealers and car manufacturers work. Just hope that your dealership had allocation for a LS to start with. If they did I am sure they will be willing to honor it and call you when your LS comes in. If you don't purchase it at the time of delivery I am sure the dealership will be more than happy to sell the car to someone else who will be tickled **** pink to get it. Let me throw you another scenario so this might make some since. Say you ordered your car. Your dealership puts your order into the system and Ford builds your car. Your car gets built, and then it ships. Ford invoices the dealership for your said vehicle. So lets say when the time comes and your dealership calls you and can't get ahold of you because you decided to buy a used ford pinto instead, and also changed your cell phone number and the dealership can no longer get a hold of you. How much time do you think the dealer will try and hold your car until they hear from you? Exactly!
The first person that shows up to that dealership with cash ( or any means of financing) will get the car that you ordered. You see, the dealership is obligated to the manufacturer to get a buyer for that car. If they can't find a buyer and that car will sit out on the lot accruing $500 a month in storage fees give or take for how long it sits there. Thats why the dealerships are in business...to move cars... not to hang on to them.
End of rant and soap box.....
Is there an app for that forum?
Any more forums you want to plug?
Old 5/17/12, 12:16 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Do apps allow paragraphs? Holy hell that's hard to read.
Old 5/17/12, 12:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Yes. Tapatalk
http://www.tapatalk.com/
and Forum Runner

http://www.forumrunner.com/
Thanks

Quick Reply: why even order a boss 302 laguna seca