Notices
Lava Red

Who went with Lava Red??

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/11, 10:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, that certainly does look a bit darker than the pics of the Ford F150 that this was supposed to resemble. I still like it though.
Old 3/2/11, 08:52 AM
Bullitt Member

The darker the better for me,,I almost went black then I went Lava last min cuz I was hoping it looks blk most of the time then glint of burg in the sun!
Old 3/2/11, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

They must be rapidly getting to all parts of the country now. Five Star Ford in Scottsdale, AZ is scheduled to get a GT Premium Auto in Lava with Lava interior this next Monday. I might just go see that it looks like in person. The wait to see it is almost over.
Old 3/2/11, 11:31 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
looks purple
Old 3/2/11, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I think this is going to be one of those colors that does not translate well to pictures, and really needs to be seen in direct sun to full appreciate it. I know that this paint on the HD F150 is really subtle. A lot of that has to do with the very flat panels on the truck. On a Mustang with all these curves, the red flake will stand out more.
A friend of mine just placed an order for a GT in this color with the lava interior as well. He wants to put some shelby stripes on it, but cannot decide on which color vynl to use. He really has been leaning toward a satin black, but I think a dark maroon would really look awesome on the lava.
Old 3/2/11, 03:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the color a lot but am I the only one who thinks that Lava Red is too elegant of a color for a Mustang (or any muscle/sport car for that matter) ? It doesn't look bad, I just think it takes some of the sportiness out of the car in my opinion. That color will be right at home on a luxury sedan or SUV.

The Lava Red interior on the other hand....
Old 3/2/11, 03:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by newpony
I like the color a lot but am I the only one who thinks that Lava Red is too elegant of a color for a Mustang (or any muscle/sport car for that matter) ? It doesn't look bad, I just think it takes some of the sportiness out of the car in my opinion. That color will be right at home on a luxury sedan or SUV.

One way or another, I will through trial and error take the interior from a plastic and aluminum muscle/sports car to an elegant/classy sports car with a higher priced look. It will take me a while to be sure, but I like elegant, and I think that the Mustang can pull it off.
Old 3/2/11, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by newpony

totally agree...it belongs on a taurus or a lincoln...probably wouldn't order it on a mustang after seeing these pics...looks good..just not for me
Old 3/2/11, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I love black,,I just didnt want to own another black car, I think this will add a touch of metallic to it. I would have much rather seen a blue this dark but we shall see. To me the Kona looks purple in certain light and the bright reds just aint for me. I have two other white cars and a silver which is why I didnt go there either,,
Old 3/4/11, 08:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lava GT w/Stone Leather

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...wphototab=true
Old 3/4/11, 09:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I saw a base V6 at Ford dealership yesterday with Lava Red in sunlight looks good,
Old 3/5/11, 06:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bad bad bad...Frank. New Year, new Color,..... NO CAMERA........tisk tisk!! Now go back with Camera in hand!! LOL

This is one color, that will need photo's in all lighting scenario's. Much like the Mystic Chrome did back when the SN-95 Cobra's where introduced.
Old 3/5/11, 10:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Bad bad bad...Frank. New Year, new Color,..... NO CAMERA........tisk tisk!! Now go back with Camera in hand!! LOL

This is one color, that will need photo's in all lighting scenario's. Much like the Mystic Chrome did back when the SN-95 Cobra's where introduced.
Sorry didn't have camera with me,lol but it turns black or dark red in sunlight, it is like Mystic Chrome, When took it out test drive at stoplights likes eveyone ask me what color it was lot people like the color , can't wait now for my car now,

Last edited by 05mach1; 3/5/11 at 10:26 AM.
Old 3/5/11, 07:55 PM

Found a Lava GT today and took some pics and videos in the sun. Although the pics look like they show a purple hue to them, I did not notice little if any purple. It seemed to look like a very dark charcoal on the sun side, with an area of alot of red small metal flake highlights in the sun reflection. Still not the perfect pic. It was so bright out that some of the color washed out. My girlfriend calls it black-cherry and I think that fits it well. I'm still glad I ordered Lava.

Gotta give credit where credit is due. Mario at Joe Cooper Ford of Tulsa helped with the pictures by getting it washed and in the sun although I ordered from another dealer 2 months ago.

Notice the yellow blaze? If you like YELLow, this is your color.

Click pic. for video. Warning, turn down your speakers. some Honda in the background

Last edited by whoa stang; 3/7/11 at 06:27 PM.
Old 3/5/11, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Great Pics Thx!
Old 3/6/11, 01:47 AM
Cobra R Member

went to my dealership today,but none...

looks kinda brownish to me (which i would love)
Old 3/6/11, 07:09 AM
Bullitt Member

I finally found a decent picture that looks like the real thing, and not a purple or brown car.

Old 3/6/11, 09:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JScottGT
I finally found a decent picture that looks like the real thing, and not a purple or brown car.
Drop dead gorgeous. Thinking about having my dealer change my order now.
Old 3/6/11, 11:06 AM
GT Member

More lava red

Last edited by Enator; 3/6/11 at 11:18 AM.
Old 3/6/11, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks fantastic to me.

Quick Reply: Who went with Lava Red??