2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wheels and Tires--Balancing

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/11, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheels and Tires--Balancing

I have been considering purchasing a package of wheels and tires from American Muscle with the included mounting and balancing. What kind of experiences have you all had with AM's balancing? Anyone know if they road force balance the wheels? Anyone had issues with slight vibrations from wheels and tire combos from AM or other online suppliers like Late Model Restoration?

My experience so far and what I've read in the forums is that these Mustangs are pretty sensitive to vibrations from imperfect balancing.

Thanks in advance for the guidance.
Old 7/28/11, 08:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I purchased wheels (SVT) and Blizzaks from Tire Rack, last winter. I had no problems with the balancing of the package. Most of my driving is high speed, 75 on the interstate, and 55-65 on secondary roads, so a problem would have surfaced.

I have purchased several tire and wheel packages from Tire Rack, over the years, and never had a problem.
Old 7/28/11, 08:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got mine from cjponyparts.com mounted n balanced. I had to have them re-balanced within the first week because they were shaking like crazy. Discount Tire fixed the issue. They said they were counter balanced which is what caused it. I guess that method works for some wheels but not certain aftermarket ones. CJ was real cool about it when I called to complain. They credited me back the cost to re-balance them. AM has good customer service too so I'm sure they would take care of you if the same happened.