Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What not to do

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/12, 09:16 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 440sprint
I'm new as of 6/7/12 (page 46 of this thread). Deysha asks for a PM. Is this a PM? What goes PM stand for? Post ________? Deysha did send me an email after that post & I did see a shortened version of my first "post" shortly thereafter at the bottom of a string of Deysha responses to other posts. This is only my second "post"! Thanks in advance for helping a beginner.
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
PM stands for Private Message.
I have seen the post and Deysha's reply post
quoting yours. She merely stated she would get back to you. I would just wait and watch for the PM in your Private Messages folder and also watch the thread you originally posted in.
Thank you for helping, 2k7gtcs.

You can also just hit "REPLY" to the message I sent you on Thursday, 440sprint.

Deysha
Old 6/11/12, 09:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is on jalopnik now. http://jalopnik.com/5917181/driver-w...ly-eight-hours

As to speed well I could see impact speed being 40mph. Initial speed certainly wasn't. Also he said he wasn't going 80mph. There's a big range of initial speeds possible that aren't 80mph that could do this... like 81mph or 90mph or 75mph....

As to the real cause being dropping a cell phone... well I think hooning it into a tree is less embarrassing. As I recall GT/CS's started in a trim level with sync too. A quick order guide check appears to show that it was the case. Then there is the disconnect between knowing how to drive a car with power and crashing because of a dropped phone. Knowing means not even bothering with the phone or at least using sync.

Then there is the emotional appeal. The subject of the phone call, not relevant. If it was important, one pulls over and stops. Military employment. Again not relevant. If it weren't for the way many people worship the military in this culture it wouldn't be stated. Both of these are invoked to try for a sympathetic response.

But I suppose if it prevents someone from beating themselves up over a mistake maybe it is for the better.

BTW, war is a racket,
http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/ar...risaracket.htm

Last edited by 97GT12; 6/11/12 at 09:29 AM.
Old 6/11/12, 09:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 97GT12
This is on jalopnik now. http://jalopnik.com/5917181/driver-w...ly-eight-hours

As to speed well I could see impact speed being 40mph. Initial speed certainly wasn't. Also he said he wasn't going 80mph. There's a big range of initial speeds possible that aren't 80mph that could do this... like 81mph or 90mph or 75mph....

As to the real cause being dropping a cell phone... well I think hooning it into a tree is less embarrassing. As I recall GT/CS's started in a trim level with sync too. A quick order guide check appears to show that it was the case. Then there is the disconnect between knowing how to drive a car with power and crashing because of a dropped phone. Knowing means not even bothering with the phone or at least using sync.

Then there is the emotional appeal. The subject of the phone call, not relevant. If it was important, one pulls over and stops. Military employment. Again not relevant. If it weren't for the way many people worship the military in this culture it wouldn't be stated. Both of these are invoked to try for a sympathetic response.

But I suppose if it prevents someone from beating themselves up over a mistake maybe it is for the better.

BTW, war is a racket,
http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/ar...risaracket.htm
I take offense with your comment. I don't worship those for their military service nor did I expect anyone to worship me for my military service. I do however appreciate the sacrifice that military personnel have made for this country be it with their lives, limbs or time away from loved ones....
Old 6/11/12, 10:04 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB

I take offense with your comment. I don't worship those for their military service nor did I expect anyone to worship me for my military service. I do however appreciate the sacrifice that military personnel have made for this country be it with their lives, limbs or time away from loved ones....
Agreed. My father, uncles, grandfather, and many other relatives have or are currently serving jn the military. Family has been lost so i know personally what its like to lose someone in the service. They died for our country, made the ultimate sacrifice. That bit about "worship" for the military is absolutely ludicrous. I plan on entering the service myself at some point or another. Marines or just the Navy. Thats all thats been in my head
Old 6/11/12, 10:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see this spiraling down hill fast....
Old 6/11/12, 10:15 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
This thread is done.