Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/11, 09:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEwis26
Re-read some of my posts in this thread to get yourself in perspective. Nothing I said is childlike. My car has been sitting for 2.5 weeks in flat rock, and for a $40k purchase, that is unacceptable.
Fair enough. Looks like yours it going to be fairly fast if you get yours in the next week or so. Seems 4-6 weeks for delivery from production date is the norm.
Old 5/7/11, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
what the heck is going on with the vehicles that were built 4/25??? people with ETA of 5/5 and 5/6 cars are still in Michigan?? anyone know why they held up the shipments???
Thats what I would love to know. Since im overseas, if the car is not ready in VA for pick up during my leave, I have no choice but to cancel it. So indeed they better figure it out...for my sake too, heh. Deysha and FCS have been awesome in this process.

Last edited by Extremis302; 5/7/11 at 10:31 PM.
Old 5/8/11, 03:47 AM
Cobra Member

Re-read some of my posts in this thread to get yourself in perspective. Nothing I said is childlike. My car has been sitting for 2.5 weeks in flat rock, and for a $40k purchase, that is unacceptable.

As I've said before, Deysha and FCS have been incredible, but its not too much to ask for some information on why exactly my car is still sitting there, especially being only 300 miles away.

I've been waiting patiently for 14 weeks at this point, and know for a fact that it is not FCS or my dealers fault. But I have no problem escalating my case until someone can tell me exactly why I pay an $850 fee for delivery, but yet nobody can tell me when it's going to come, or WHY it hasn't moved. Unacceptable, and in any other business than the auto industry, a company would never survive.
14 weeks, I bet alot of us Boss guys got u beat. Ive Been waiting since aug of last year. Dealer finally took order on Dec 1st and just got my vin this past week. At least ur car is built. Maybe they picked ur car for some QC. Which is not a bad thing. It will be here b4 u know it and u will forget very quickly about the 14 long week wait
Old 5/8/11, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The EPA can also randomly select cars to run tests on
Old 5/9/11, 06:53 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeR
I just got off the phone with Ford CS. My car is in Newark, NJ. My build date was 4/18. My ETA is "week of" 5/6, but I can't imagine it would take that long to get over the bridge to LI.

I'm going to call my dealer in the morning.

Can't wait to take delivery!
Originally Posted by MikeR
Well, my not-so-long but felt-like-forever wait is just about over. I pick up my car at 2:00 today. Kona/Stone GT Premium convertible. I'll try to post some pics later.
Congrats MikeR!! Glad you got your Stang! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Deysha
Old 5/9/11, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by -Rogue-
I will admit I have moved past frustrated with this experience to genuinely angry.

Car Built: April 15.

Original Delivery: 20th
Second: 26th
Third: 28th
Fourth: May 6th
Fifth: May 12.

WHAT THE FRACK!?!?!?!?!

I live barely 140 miles from the factory and delivery is consistently delayed with no reason.

I don't care what product you buy, but a month's delivery (paying $850 destination fee, no less!) for any $40,000 item is absolutely absurd, compounded with no explanations give, and a continuous string of "ETA may change."

Nary an apology, nary actually anyone who can actually get something done.

WTF Ford?

I will happily get the car from the factory and pay a "convenience fee" at this point, even agree to a PR photo shoot, but I cannot display my dismay for this process enough.
Happy to see you finally got your Mustang! I hope you are out there enjoying it now!

Deysha
Old 5/9/11, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by goalie30
I hate to sound negative, but the whole experience with obtaining our Mustang leaves me with a feeling that Ford doesn't care about the custom order market. Our dealer has been good to work with, but they don't have any more info than customer service has. Maybe my standards are too high, but I've dealt with a lot of companies that have vastly superior customer service skills.

I fully admit I don't know the ins and outs of Ford, and that this might be an isolated case. However, I'd be really reluctant to customer order another Ford at this point.
If you need my help tracking your Mustang, do not hesitate to message me. Please send me your order number and dealer name or you VIN if available.

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Isolated my ****. It's happened to too many people on this forum. My dealer sux! They're ordering system sux! It's crazy how some people have tons of info while others have to fight to get little bits. It should be uniform.
Soooo happy to see that your BOSS is moving along now!

Deysha
Old 5/9/11, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Butter
Anyone know how the dealers track Mustangs in transit?

I'm not getting good info (FCS says Dealer delivery ETA 4/27. Dealer says "Dunno, I'll look out back later.")
FYI: Feb-4 Order, Apr 19 Build, Apr 22 Shipped.

Assuming it's not "out back" anybody know if the dealer can call the transit company and say "For this shipping item XYZ123, what truck has it, and where is that truck?" Because that's what I've done tons of times with other freight companies, especially since they all have GPS now, to find delayed items.

I tried search but didn't see anything solid.
Thanks.
Hi Butter,

If you have not received your car yet, please message me with your VIN and I can track it for you.

Deysha
Old 5/9/11, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
So I take it my car was already built? Ima call up tom just wanted to try and get some help here. Thanks.
Hi SynisterGT,

This is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I would like to help you track your Mustang. Could you please message me with your order number and dealer name?

Deysha
Old 5/9/11, 07:59 AM

Good luck travel! Dont get too excited. Mine was supposed to come Saturday and it still hasn't arrived.

Talked to FCS today, and they are still showing an ETA of 4/30 which has clearly come and gone already. For all they know, it hasn't left the plant yet.

Trying to wait patiently, but the order tracking system Ford uses is complete crap in my opinion.
I'm sorry LEwis26! Don't worry, it should ship out soon!

Deysha
Old 5/9/11, 08:38 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I'm sorry LEwis26! Don't worry, it should ship out soon!

Deysha
I hope my GT/CS will arrive soon...
Old 5/9/11, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
Well, just got an update from Deysha

"Hi evilpeppard,

I checked on your order and it has not shipped, it is awaiting shipment. Right now the plant is not shipping any. I am not sure what the reason behind it is at this time though. The intent is to deliver the vehicles fast, but not at the expense of quality. I’m sure it will ship soon.

Deysha"

Again, we were told our car was loaded on the rail car last Saturday, 4/30 at 8am. This was confirmed by both our dealer and FCS. Our ETA is 5/10, but somehow I don't think we are going to make that date now.

Our ETA has changed three times: 5/6, then 5/11, then back to 5/10 currently.

Thanks to Deysha for providing us all with information. We can only hope the train leaves soon.
You are very welcome! I hope it leaves soon too.

Deysha
Old 5/9/11, 09:58 AM

Ugh, are you kidding me? Deysha, any more info you can dig up to shed some more light on why our orders are being held up on the Ramps?
Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
Yes, please, Deysha, tell us whatever info you can dig up!
Hello All,

Right now the plant is not shipping any vehicles. I am not sure what the reason behind it is at this time, but as soon as I find out, I will update you all. As you all know, the intent is to deliver the vehicles fast, but not at the expense of quality. I’m sure they will start shipping soon.

Deysha
Old 5/9/11, 10:32 AM
Cobra Member

Hello All,

Right now the plant is not shipping any vehicles. I am not sure what the reason behind it is at this time, but as soon as I find out, I will update you all. As you all know, the intent is to deliver the vehicles fast, but not at the expense of quality. I’m sure they will start shipping soon.

Deysha
Well that sucks to hear. Just wish we could actually get info WHY, and not just "they're held up." We all know you're looking into it Deysha, and we appreciate it!!

Hopefully FCS level 2 will have some more info when they call me back today.
Old 5/9/11, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Deysha, I had pmed you my info but haven't heard anything back from you yet. Thanks, Jody
Old 5/9/11, 11:56 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello All,

Deysha
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please let us know what the hold up is as soon as you can. I called FCS and they couldn't tell me what the hold up was either.

All they said was to "check with your dealer. They have the most up to date information".
Old 5/9/11, 02:05 PM
Cobra Member

Got a call back from FCS level 2. All mustangs are being held until further notice for an inspection. They wouldn't tell me what was being inspected, and also can't tell me when it will ship.

I'm not happy at all, and made that known. Well see what happens in the next week or two.
Old 5/9/11, 02:15 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got a call back from FCS level 2. All mustangs are being held until further notice for an inspection. They wouldn't tell me what was being inspected, and also can't tell me when it will ship.

I'm not happy at all, and made that known. Well see what happens in the next week or two.
Oh man this SUCKS! Our ETA is tomorrow, 5/10. Obviously that is not going to happen.

A week ago this last Saturday our vehicle went from 'auto warehouse' to 'in transit' then back to 'auto warehouse'. It has been finished since 4/25.

We were hoping to at least HEAR our car finally shipped this week. It is not looking promising now.
Old 5/9/11, 02:20 PM
V6 Member

My car probably made it out no more than a couple of days before the hold. That's not the most comforting thought. I just hope nothing falls off!
Old 5/9/11, 02:24 PM
Cobra Member

If you need my help tracking your Mustang, do not hesitate to message me. Please send me your order number and dealer name or you VIN if available.

Soooo happy to see that your BOSS is moving along now!

Deysha
It is, hopefully I'll get a window sticker soon! Thanks for all your tracking help!!!

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition