Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Upcoming customer meeting in Cali

Old 11/4/10, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upcoming customer meeting in Cali

Is anyone in this thread getting picked to go:

https://themustangsource.com/f726/fo...urvery-488165/

There is one of these customer meetings happening this weekend in Irving California. Anyone on this forum going to the customer meeting?
Old 11/4/10, 01:54 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm waiting on Ford to call me. I filled it out and gave them as much info as possbile. I'm fearful if they haven't called at this point....I'm also hopeful Shaun knows someone working the event.
Old 11/4/10, 01:58 PM
Cobra Member

I'm in the same boat as Jason. I filled out the survey as soon as I got the notice, and no call from ford
Old 11/4/10, 02:59 PM
MOTM Committee Member

I hope we make the cut Josh, but that thing starts this weekend doesn't it?
Old 11/6/10, 11:06 PM

I went after they called me last minute. I live 55 miles away so the drive was nothing. They sent quite a few engineers out from Michigan to ask a lot of questions. I gave them quite a bit of feedback such as subwoofer door speaker placement and the # of times I've hit my knee on it getting out, some things they should address with the nav/sync/audio system, why they can't integrate the satellite radio antenna with the FM antenna at the base of it, location of the USB connector, why the spring loaded storage console lid is so easy to open by accident with your elbow, why the cup holder cover doesn't latch preventing it from tilting while resting your arm on it.

They asked me if I'd be interested in IRS, a way to change the color of your exterior stripes on demand(if you can believe that), a way to manually position a "functioning" spoiler with the push of a button, my opinions on a high performance 4 cylinder mustang in the future(I asked if this would be an ecoboost engine and they said "something like that"). They also asked me about a retractable GLASS roof and switching from manual to automatic mode with paddle shifting. I enjoyed the session and I could tell they took down a lot of notes. My session went 45 minutes long.
Old 11/6/10, 11:16 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by kevlar
I went after they called me last minute. I live 55 miles away so the drive was nothing. They sent quite a few engineers out from Michigan to ask a lot of questions. I gave them quite a bit of feedback such as subwoofer door speaker placement and the # of times I've hit my knee on it getting out, some things they should address with the nav/sync/audio system, why they can't integrate the satellite radio antenna with the FM antenna at the base of it, location of the USB connector, why the spring loaded storage console lid is so easy to open by accident with your elbow, why the cup holder cover doesn't latch preventing it from tilting while resting your arm on it.

They asked me if I'd be interested in IRS, a way to change the color of your exterior stripes on demand(if you can believe that), a way to manually position a "functioning" spoiler with the push of a button, my opinions on a high performance 4 cylinder mustang in the future(I asked if this would be an ecoboost engine and they said "something like that"). They also asked me about a retractable GLASS roof and switching from manual to automatic mode with paddle shifting. I enjoyed the session and I could tell they took down a lot of notes. My session went 45 minutes long.
I'm glad you got to go bro

I'm SO PISSED they didn't call me. Unless....I got a missed call from a number I've never seen before but they left no message. Kevlar I'm going to PM you that number and see if that was them.
Old 11/7/10, 09:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by kevlar
Wow, very cool. The stuff they asked our focus about last year became reality. Everyone can speculate what Ford will be adding to the Mustang - it's great to hear some things they are actually working on.

Glad you had a good time. I thought it was a blast, and to get paid made things even sweeter!!

Last edited by Adam; 11/7/10 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11/7/10, 02:02 PM
MOTM Committee Member

I'm PM'd kevlar about the number and it was from Ford. I tried calling it back but it only gives a busy signal.

...*sigh...I'm praying for a miracle that they call today being that its the last day.

Thanks again for the info kevlar
Old 11/7/10, 03:08 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only part I doubt is the color changing stripes. That would be one heckuva cool feature, but very expensive. Everything else seems very reasonable for the car.
Old 11/7/10, 05:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dont' feel badly if you didn't get picked, guys. I've owned an '05, '06 and now a '10 GT (all purchased new) and never got invited to anything like this, either.

I was asked to preview and give feedback on new designs by Chrysler back in the '90s and had never even owned a Mopar up to that point. I have no idea how they got my name.
Old 11/7/10, 09:38 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
Dont' feel badly if you didn't get picked, guys. I've owned an '05, '06 and now a '10 GT (all purchased new) and never got invited to anything like this, either.

I was asked to preview and give feedback on new designs by Chrysler back in the '90s and had never even owned a Mopar up to that point. I have no idea how they got my name.
I hear ya Jim. I've entered like 5 Ford 'contests' and have been lucky enough to get close twice. For the Fiesta contest I got a call but they decided to go with someone else last minute. For this customer meeting I got a call but I missed it and they didn't leave a message

At least a fellow TMS member got to go and gave us some good feedback