Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Two separate issues. HEAVY vibration and clutch pedal sagging.

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/14, 08:28 PM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Two separate issues. HEAVY vibration and clutch pedal sagging.

A little background on my main issue. I had a '13 GT w/33,000 miles. Some factory upgraded options were Brembo package, 3.55 gears. (just stating this in case for some reason the differences will matter) Anyway I bought and installed myself Borla S-type catback exhaust along with an Airaid CAI w/Bama race tune. Car was great and sounded wonderful! No drone...very throaty, very responsive!

Now..I decided to trade that in for a '14 GT that had a lot less miles (only 8000). The main option that may make a difference in this is the GT Track Pack w/ the 3.73 Torsen rearend. Of course I am not going to waste the money I spent on my previous mods so I took the Borla's and CAI off the '13 and returned it to stock form. Tonight I installed the Borla's along with the CAI again on the new car and got a new tune from Bama. Now the car vibrates HEAVILY inside the cabin, drone in almost every gear. I feel like my entire body is sitting in a vibrator. I don't understand what could possibly have made such a difference between both cars as to what makes the '14 drone so much!!! Any ideas??? Or is this just something I have to live with.... Also, I have checked... no rubbing and no exhaust leaks that I have seen or heard after putting it up on the lift!

Also..unrelated issue...Since I first bought the car a couple weeks ago, the first thing I did was remove the clutch assist spring, because I hate how the clutch feels with it installed. From what I have researched, nothing is wrong with doing this. I did the same thing in my '13 GT with no issues, but now in the '14 GT after the car has been sitting all night or all day, the clutch seems to sit about an inch if not more closer to the floor.

I have to physically pull it back up and it is fine as I drive it until it sits again overnight. I could not tell you if this has anything to do with removing the clutch assist spring because it was the first thing I did on day one, but I did not have this issue at all in my previous car... any ideas on what could do this? I already talked to the dealer...they said after looking at it that this was "normal".... which is complete bullcrap... no clutch sinks to the floor like that over night! Anyway, any thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks!!

Last edited by CoyotePremium13; 7/28/14 at 08:33 PM.
Old 7/28/14, 10:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I would say the tune is the problem. Did it vibrate before the tune ?
Old 7/28/14, 10:51 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CoyotePremium13
A little background on my main issue. I had a '13 GT w/33,000 miles. Some factory upgraded options were Brembo package, 3.55 gears. (just stating this in case for some reason the differences will matter) Anyway I bought and installed myself Borla S-type catback exhaust along with an Airaid CAI w/Bama race tune. Car was great and sounded wonderful! No drone...very throaty, very responsive! Now..I decided to trade that in for a '14 GT that had a lot less miles (only 8000). The main option that may make a difference in this is the GT Track Pack w/ the 3.73 Torsen rearend. Of course I am not going to waste the money I spent on my previous mods so I took the Borla's and CAI off the '13 and returned it to stock form. Tonight I installed the Borla's along with the CAI again on the new car and got a new tune from Bama. Now the car vibrates HEAVILY inside the cabin, drone in almost every gear. I feel like my entire body is sitting in a vibrator. I don't understand what could possibly have made such a difference between both cars as to what makes the '14 drone so much!!! Any ideas??? Or is this just something I have to live with.... Also, I have checked... no rubbing and no exhaust leaks that I have seen or heard after putting it up on the lift! Also..unrelated issue...Since I first bought the car a couple weeks ago, the first thing I did was remove the clutch assist spring, because I hate how the clutch feels with it installed. From what I have researched, nothing is wrong with doing this. I did the same thing in my '13 GT with no issues, but now in the '14 GT after the car has been sitting all night or all day, the clutch seems to sit about an inch if not more closer to the floor. I have to physically pull it back up and it is fine as I drive it until it sits again overnight. I could not tell you if this has anything to do with removing the clutch assist spring because it was the first thing I did on day one, but I did not have this issue at all in my previous car... any ideas on what could do this? I already talked to the dealer...they said after looking at it that this was "normal".... which is complete bullcrap... no clutch sinks to the floor like that over night! Anyway, any thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks!!
You traded in a 13 for a 14? Sounds like a, "you should have been happy with what you had type of issue". Not constructive at all I know, sorry.
Old 7/29/14, 04:56 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
I would say the tune is the problem. Did it vibrate before the tune ?
No it did not vibrate at all before the tune like that. It seems to idle fine, just when I give it the slightest bit of gas you can feel it. I will contact Bama and see what they have to say. I put the exhaust, tune and CAI in all at the same time so out of the 3 it's hard to say...maybe I should return the CAI to stock and upload the stock tune to compare.

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
You traded in a 13 for a 14? Sounds like a, "you should have been happy with what you had type of issue". Not constructive at all I know, sorry.
Yes I did... I have my reasons for doing it, but I am asking for help not criticism thank you.

Last edited by CoyotePremium13; 7/29/14 at 04:59 AM.
Old 7/29/14, 05:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh you've got a bama tune? There's your problem!

:-P

/just had to say it before the crowd shows up
//never tried a bama tune
///do a search for "bama tune" and read up
Old 7/29/14, 05:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Call Steeda! I have a boss manifold, cai, and a steeda tune on a 14 track pack. Car runs flawlessly.
Old 7/29/14, 08:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Did you tell Bama that you would have a CAI and exhaust when they made the tune for your car? Worst case, just datalog your car and send it to Bama. They will redo the tune for you based on the data from your car.
Old 7/29/14, 09:32 AM
Cobra Member

No it did not vibrate at all before the tune like that. It seems to idle fine, just when I give it the slightest bit of gas you can feel it. I will contact Bama and see what they have to say. I put the exhaust, tune and CAI in all at the same time so out of the 3 it's hard to say...maybe I should return the CAI to stock and upload the stock tune to compare.

Yes I did... I have my reasons for doing it, but I am asking for help not criticism thank you.
I had the same Issue with a AM-Bama tune. Get them to update the tune.
Old 7/29/14, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey,

Sorry to hear about the troulble here that's a first! I'm not entirely sure what could be causing the vibrations that you're describing and I wanted to ask if you could either call Bama at 888.226.9764 or shoot me a PM with your order info and a good time we can have a tuner contact you to see what's going on! Let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex
Old 7/29/14, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor

I had the same Issue with a AM-Bama tune. Get them to update the tune.

Shoot me a PM with your order info and I'm happy to have a tuner contact you and get this fixed up!

Alex
Old 7/29/14, 12:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Shoot me a PM with your order info and I'm happy to have a tuner contact you and get this fixed up!

Alex
That problem was 4 years and 2 cars ago. Thanks anyway.
Old 7/29/14, 04:44 PM
GT Member

Thanks for all the replies! You'd never guess why, but I fixed the stupid vibration issue.... turns out when I put it back up on the lift today, one of those longer bolts that have the torx bolt at one end was hitting the undercarriage of the car right where the H pipe connects before the cats. Now I know why it was originally installed pointing down and not toward the car ha! It was touching the bottom of the car and causing all the vibration inside the cabin. Nothing to do with the tune, just my idiot self didn't check the bolts after I torqued them down....so that solves that issue!

Still don't know why the clutch sags in the mornings, but I will figure that one out eventually if anyone has any suggestions with that.

I must say though... I've had two Bama tunes and I don't know what people have had issues with but both of them that I've had have been solid! It's such a noticeable difference with how much it opens up the car!
Old 7/30/14, 07:39 AM
Former Vendor

That problem was 4 years and 2 cars ago. Thanks anyway.
Very Welcome-If there's ever anything I can help out with I'm a PM away.

Thanks for all the replies! You'd never guess why, but I fixed the stupid vibration issue.... turns out when I put it back up on the lift today, one of those longer bolts that have the torx bolt at one end was hitting the undercarriage of the car right where the H pipe connects before the cats. Now I know why it was originally installed pointing down and not toward the car ha! It was touching the bottom of the car and causing all the vibration inside the cabin. Nothing to do with the tune, just my idiot self didn't check the bolts after I torqued them down....so that solves that issue!

Still don't know why the clutch sags in the mornings, but I will figure that one out eventually if anyone has any suggestions with that.

I must say though... I've had two Bama tunes and I don't know what people have had issues with but both of them that I've had have been solid! It's such a noticeable difference with how much it opens up the car!
I'm happy to hear that you were able to isolate the problem and you're happy with the tunes! If anything comes up don't hesitate to let me know if I can lend a hand I'm always here to help out!

Alex