2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Trustworthy Repair shop in PA

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/14, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trustworthy Repair shop in PA

In February, I got in a car accident and claimed roughly 11k to insurance to repair the vehicle.
I got the car back after almost two months from CollisionMax, but seems like there are problems that I did not have before the accident.
The body shop took the engine out (no problem with the engine itself) to replace a part behind the engine. Also, suspension and other work were done on the passenger side aside from the body work.
The issues that I am currently having are, after accelerating and letting go of the accelerator, I hear a rumbling noise. I also hear it at high speed.
Also, my MPG used to be at 15.7 (when I drive rough), but now it's at 14.4 (and I'm not driving as rough as I used to).
My question is, could taking the engine out and putting it back play a factor in mpg? Also, the could the rumbling noise also be from the disassemble of the the engine? Or could that be something to do with the suspension?
CollisionMax has told me to bring the car back and they'll take a look at it again, but I don't think I can trust them with my car.
If they weren't able to do it correctly the first time, I'm not so certain they can the second time. They said they test drove the vehicle, but found no problem when I noticed it right away.
On top of that, they took almost 2 months to repair the vehicle.
I plan on taking it to Ford to get it diagnosed (my insurance agent recommended this). Does anyone know any shops in Philadelphia area that is trustworthy?
My car has 4900 miles and it hasn't even been a year yet.
Please get back at me!
Thanks!
Old 4/18/14, 02:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was originally from southern Jersey. My recommendation would be to have Holman Ford of maple shade NJ take a look. It's a huge Ford dealer known for excellent service. Tell them the issues and see if they can diagnose the issue. As for removing and replacing an engine. That in itself should not kill gas mileage although if there is a vacuum line loose, etc that will affect drivability and fuel mileage. If there was $11K in damage to your vehicle and require the shop to R&R your engine that vehicle had extensive damage and 2 months may not be unreasonable for repair.
Old 4/18/14, 05:50 AM

Thanks for the info.
However, I'm not sure if I feel safe driving my car to NJ.
In regards to the engine, it wasn't R&R, but just taking it out and putting it back in.
The shop told me that was going to take a day only.
I checked the receipt of works done and there was not any repair done with the engine itself.
It was just body work.

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
I was originally from southern Jersey. My recommendation would be to have Holman Ford of maple shade NJ take a look. It's a huge Ford dealer known for excellent service. Tell them the issues and see if they can diagnose the issue. As for removing and replacing an engine. That in itself should not kill gas mileage although if there is a vacuum line loose, etc that will affect drivability and fuel mileage. If there was $11K in damage to your vehicle and require the shop to R&R your engine that vehicle had extensive damage and 2 months may not be unreasonable for repair.

Last edited by chang24831; 4/18/14 at 05:52 AM.
Old 4/18/14, 08:43 AM
Banned

I would just take to to the local Ford dealer that seems to move the most cars.
Old 4/18/14, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Taking an enigne out and putting it back in is the same as remove and replace. You replace it with the same engine is all.