Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

True cost of a Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/14, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True cost of a Supercharger

So lets hear it... what did it actually cost to supercharge your coyote?
Item price? Install price? What extras had to be installed?
Old 7/28/14, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I've been researching them for a while. You can buy one for anywhere from $6K to $8K and more. My install will cost about $2K. I'm looking at a E-Force with a Brenspeed tune, installed for under $8K.
Old 7/28/14, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Going to put in my 2 cents. My current 13 is not supercharged but I did have a Paxton Novi 1000 on my 01 GT. If you are going blown and believe me, im all for it..if you have the money its great!!! Be sure you have enough set aside to replace the engine if something goes really wrong. If the car is your daily driver that's even more important. Nothing went wrong on mine but the installer gave me that advice.
Old 7/28/14, 12:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by OnceYouGoBlack
So lets hear it... what did it actually cost to supercharge your coyote?
Item price? Install price? What extras had to be installed?
6500$ came with everything i needed.

Install was done with my own two hands.
Old 7/28/14, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer

+1 and add a couple of hundred for a gauge.
Old 7/28/14, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

So we're at $6700 with SC and a gauge. Plus you'd need an oil separator at least. That's $6900.

What else has to be installed?
Old 7/28/14, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really really want a SC, but if I had that kind of coin I would have bought a GT500 off the bat.
Old 7/28/14, 08:38 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Bought a used Saleen from a forum member who parted his mustang before trading it in for about $3k. This was 5 years ago.

Got everything I needed from injectors to extra pulleys. Did have to get a can tune from brenspeed and then drove the car to Houston for a dyno tune. So all in about $3500. Labor was me.

I did by from a trusted source and the SC was originally installed and removed by brenspeed so it was really an easy transaction. But these are few and far between.
Old 7/29/14, 06:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Having started with a new base GT and this is how it rolled for me:

Roush phase 1 SC=$6,099
Installation=$1,300
Roush optional warranty=$375

I think true cost should also consider: premium fuel, stickier tires, suspension mods, custom tuning, SC upgrades, broken parts and future resale value.
Old 7/29/14, 07:26 AM
Cobra R Member

So we're at $6700 with SC and a gauge. Plus you'd need an oil separator at least. That's $6900.

What else has to be installed?
It never stops at just the supercharger lol

I just spent 700$ on new rear drag radials. lower control arms cause the more horsepower created wheel hop. Then I got new hood struts to make the engine bay look cleaner. Then of course you want to dyno it to know what numbers your putting down.
Old 7/29/14, 08:35 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It never stops at just the supercharger lol I just spent 700$ on new rear drag radials. lower control arms cause the more horsepower created wheel hop. Then I got new hood struts to make the engine bay look cleaner. Then of course you want to dyno it to know what numbers your putting down.
You nailed it, it never stops at the supercharger! And if you feel the need to supercharger the coyote for street use that's a whole different addiction in itself! Lol I bet it's a blast though :-) :-)
For me started with the blower, then gauges, then lcas for wheel hop, then new tires to hook up better lol..

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 7/29/14 at 08:43 AM.
Old 7/29/14, 08:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
You nailed it, it never stops at the supercharger! And if you feel the need to supercharger the coyote for street use that's a whole different addiction in itself! Lol I bet it's a blast though :-) :-)
For me started with the blower, then gauges, then lcas for wheel hop, then new tires to hook up better lol..
Thats how it went for me too lol blower, gauge ( though i need a couple more) then LCA's then new tires lol.
Old 7/29/14, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by silverstate777
Having started with a new base GT and this is how it rolled for me:

Roush phase 1 SC=$6,099
Installation=$1,300
Roush optional warranty=$375

I think true cost should also consider: premium fuel, stickier tires, suspension mods, custom tuning, SC upgrades, broken parts and future resale value.

That's kinda pricey, we can do the install and still provide the warranty for around 7k.
Old 7/29/14, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
You should get wider tires or you could end up like this blue stang on stockers. http://youtu.be/ErC_807O_6U
Old 7/29/14, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
That's kinda pricey, we can do the install and still provide the warranty for around 7k.
Jay where are you guys located?
Old 7/29/14, 12:11 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

I 2nd this quote above. Everything you "need" comes with ANY kit you order, whether it be Roush, Whipple, Maggie, etc.

Where you really save money is the install. Not only is it cheaper, but you get the joy and satisfaction of doing it with your own bare hands. Nothing can compare to doing it yourself. Besides, who else would you "trust" on your baby other than yourself? hmmmm

Originally Posted by Blown CS
+1 and add a couple of hundred for a gauge.
That's an expensive gauge!!! lol... are you talking just boost, or AFR, etc? My Defi was I think 100...

Originally Posted by Last1
I really really want a SC, but if I had that kind of coin I would have bought a GT500 off the bat.
Not sure if I agree with this. A new GT500 (a 2012 at that time) was 55k, at least. A 2014 GT500 is even more. There is NO WAY I have even THAT close invested in my car. Is it a GT500? No. Is it just as fun or maybe fun-ner? Oh yes.

Don't get me wrong, if I was filthy rich (like Patrick...muahahaha) I'd have bought a Shelby too. But alas...wife to keep happy, kids to feed. hehe.

It never stops at just the supercharger lol

I just spent 700$ on new rear drag radials. lower control arms cause the more horsepower created wheel hop. Then I got new hood struts to make the engine bay look cleaner. Then of course you want to dyno it to know what numbers your putting down.
Russ, I agree 100%. It doesn't end. Never ends. I wonder how long my Nitto DR's will last? hmmmm

Jay where are you guys located?
Josh, go with Jay. Stand up guy. Been working with him and Dan for months now. Bought quite a few things from them. In terms of customer service, I really feel strongly that they are in a league of their own. JDM Engineering is close.
Old 7/29/14, 01:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Bought a used Saleen from a forum member who parted his mustang before trading it in for about $3k. This was 5 years ago.

Got everything I needed from injectors to extra pulleys. Did have to get a can tune from brenspeed and then drove the car to Houston for a dyno tune. So all in about $3500. Labor was me.

I did by from a trusted source and the SC was originally installed and removed by brenspeed so it was really an easy transaction. But these are few and far between.
Baller!
Old 7/29/14, 02:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Baller!

Yes because Ballers buy used superchargers and install them themselves.
Old 7/29/14, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Jay, I agree with you on being pricey. Problem for me was the required installation by a ASE certified mechanic, which I’m not. Since I already have a good rapport with my local Ford/Roush dealer, they did the install. I can count on them for their customer service when Roush warranty claim time comes, as they handle the associated paperwork, parts and labor. Besides, they gave me a great deal on my suspension kit and a few other goodies, so I’m not complaining.
Old 7/29/14, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Heya Z... I totally understand it's not the same $$ as a GT500, but you're not far off if you have to and should upgrade most of the stock parts. Say your out the door price on a TP GT Premium after (NJ) taxes is 38k, 7k for the SC, 3k for wheels and tires, 1500 for upgraded suspension...1500 for brakes You're at 51k. Sure, i'm padding the numbers a little if you buy the good stuff and have to pay a shop to do some of the work.

Quick Reply: True cost of a Supercharger