Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ticking/rattle in the glovebox area on 2011 GT

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/10, 06:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ticking/rattle in the glovebox area on 2011 GT

I removed the glove box and traced the rattle (more of a tick/pop) to the lower support bar. I put some velcro pieces between the platic dash part that the glove box attaches to and the metal support bar (also has a ton of electrical grounds attached) and reassembled.

It worked for about 4 miles than it came back, then a bit later it went away again. Really annoying sound.

I am not sure I want the dealer trying to "fix it" as they may scratch the dash or create another rattle.

I am going to buy some foam tape and insulate the hell out of the area which I am sure is just what the dealer would do anyone.

185 miles on the car and it was down to a 1/4 tank left so yes I am enjoying it! Only complaints are the automatic trans (I miss stick) and the glovebox tick/rattle.
Old 6/26/10, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Argetni
I removed the glove box and traced the rattle (more of a tick/pop) to the lower support bar. I put some velcro pieces between the platic dash part that the glove box attaches to and the metal support bar (also has a ton of electrical grounds attached) and reassembled.

It worked for about 4 miles than it came back, then a bit later it went away again. Really annoying sound.

I am not sure I want the dealer trying to "fix it" as they may scratch the dash or create another rattle.

I am going to buy some foam tape and insulate the hell out of the area which I am sure is just what the dealer would do anyone.

185 miles on the car and it was down to a 1/4 tank left so yes I am enjoying it! Only complaints are the automatic trans (I miss stick) and the glovebox tick/rattle.

Only noise I have got is the bushings on the panhard I just put in lol. Didnt hear anything like your talking about though and I have around 600 miles on mine.

Last edited by GRABOID; 6/26/10 at 08:22 PM.
Old 6/26/10, 07:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Check the plastic behind the door handle...the 05-09 had a notorious problem with clicking/popping from these that is REALLY hard to pin down unless you know about this.
Old 6/26/10, 07:37 PM
Bullitt Member

I hear a similar noise once and a while. It's Left of the Passenger vent (the round one) and above the glove box. Is this the area you're referring too? Nothing too noticeable tho.
Old 6/26/10, 08:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Norberd
I hear a similar noise once and a while. It's Left of the Passenger vent (the round one) and above the glove box. Is this the area you're referring too? Nothing too noticeable tho.
It may be but investigation revealed that it is actually from below the glovebox.
Old 6/27/10, 01:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Fusebox cover on the kick-panel?
Old 6/27/10, 05:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an occasional clicking sound in my car. I pinpointed it as the left side of the trim above the glovebox. When I held the left side of the trim in it went away. That could just be on mine though... It seems to have gone away though recently.

Last edited by Stangpilot007; 6/27/10 at 05:39 AM.
Old 7/28/10, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Argetni

Okay...now it's starting to annoy me. Maybe they will issue a TSB. Probably not hard to fix, just hard to pin down the exact source. I need to have my wife drive over the roads where I hear it the most so I can be in the passenger seat and pinpoint the culprit.
Old 7/28/10, 10:29 AM
GT Member

I hear a ticking when the ac is on, appears coming from the passenger side area
Old 7/28/10, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I think I figured this one out

https://themustangsource.com/f726/an...0/#post5917840