Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Nav Screen - how do you select single image?

Old 12/18/11, 05:49 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav Screen - how do you select single image?

On my 2012 V6 Conveetible, I have uploaded some images and currently my Nav screen will show two side by side, a split screen. if I use the arrows at the bottom of each corner, it will move through a series of screen options for that side, right or left. But I can't figure out out to select just having a single image on the whole screen, even though the manual states that you can. The manual doesn't state how. Does anyone know?
Old 12/18/11, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm interested as well as to how that might work... Can't seem to figure it out...
Old 12/18/11, 07:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think all you can do is split screen ...
Old 12/18/11, 11:13 AM
GT Member

I thought when I first bought the car a few weeks ago, the Ford logo came up as the sole image. And it is still in the image bank along with the ones I have added. But now that I have made additions, I can't seem to get the single image screeen anymore. A least I'm not the only one, so it's obviously not a problem with my ca, and maybe it can't be done. But the manual states otherwise.
Old 12/18/11, 11:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What happens if you have the image on one half of the screen, and then tap the image.

When you tap the map, climate, or audio, it brings you to the appropriate screen. What about tapping the photo?

EDIT: just went outside and tried it. It brings you to the photo picker. No idea how to show only a photo

Last edited by LEwis26; 12/18/11 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12/18/11, 11:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
What happens if you have the image on one half of the screen, and then tap the image.

When you tap the map, climate, or audio, it brings you to the appropriate screen. What about tapping the photo?
Can't tap anywhere other than bottom corner to select different displays ... Taping the pic doesn't do anything.

I had the factory ford logo for a while and don't recall ever seeing it full screen.
Old 12/18/11, 11:47 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 99mstng

Can't tap anywhere other than bottom corner to select different displays ... Taping the pic doesn't do anything.

I had the factory ford logo for a while and don't recall ever seeing it full screen.
Actually tapping the pic brings you to the photo picker.

I just updated to the latest sync software so maybe that's why I got that menu.
Old 12/18/11, 04:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Maybe it was showing it large for ford logo because that was the only photo on there. Try moving all but 1 image off of it and see what happens.
Old 12/18/11, 05:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dogiebitt
Maybe it was showing it large for ford logo because that was the only photo on there. Try moving all but 1 image off of it and see what happens.
Nope, that's not it. I don't have anything other loaded into mine and can't figure it out.
Old 12/18/11, 08:37 PM
GT Member

And maybe my memory is wrong, maybe I didn't see the blue logo full screen. But the manual does state that you can choose to show just one image.
Old 12/19/11, 02:51 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DrDisney
On my 2012 V6 Conveetible, I have uploaded some images and currently my Nav screen will show two side by side, a split screen. if I use the arrows at the bottom of each corner, it will move through a series of screen options for that side, right or left. But I can't figure out out to select just having a single image on the whole screen, even though the manual states that you can. The manual doesn't state how. Does anyone know?
Hey, everyone!

The left side of the screen will display an uploaded photo or the map screen. The right side can also display the uploaded photo. The upper right panel will only display the current audio settings. The lower right panel displays the vehicle’s climate settings (if equipped).

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jaclyn
Old 12/19/11, 03:47 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you guys. I don't think you can get one image across the screen
Old 12/19/11, 11:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey, everyone!

The left side of the screen will display an uploaded photo or the map screen. The right side can also display the uploaded photo. The upper right panel will only display the current audio settings. The lower right panel displays the vehicle’s climate settings (if equipped).

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jaclyn
Would be nice if it was possible to have just one large image displayed on whole screen, like a screen saver of sorts.
Old 12/20/11, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I'm in the same boat as you guys. I don't think you can get one image across the screen
Originally Posted by dogiebitt
Would be nice if it was possible to have just one large image displayed on whole screen, like a screen saver of sorts.
The system is set up to display your image on one side only. There's no way to make it full screen at this time.

If anyone has any other questions, give me a shout.

Jaclyn
Old 12/20/11, 05:47 PM
GT Member

Thanks Jaclyn. I appreciate the response.
Old 12/21/11, 12:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Try the Navigation manual, its a pdf on ford site. that nav can do so many things its crazy
Old 12/21/11, 04:20 AM
Cobra Member

The logo screen you see on the nav display reminds me of a bios logo type splash screen you get when you boot up a PC. Unless the manufacturer provides access to this content, which is doubtful, we will have to wait for a future release for nav.

If enough users desire this capability / feature, then Ford may provide it. Enhancement requests are common in the software industry, and all it takes is enough interest from the paying consumer to make it happen.
Old 12/21/11, 09:41 AM

Thanks Jaclyn. I appreciate the response.
Not a problem, that's what I'm here for.

Originally Posted by ace72ace
If enough users desire this capability / feature, then Ford may provide it. Enhancement requests are common in the software industry, and all it takes is enough interest from the paying consumer to make it happen.
We would love to hear any ideas or suggestions you have! Here's a link where you can submit them:

http://social.ford.com/

Jaclyn