Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The Mysteries of Twin Oaks, PA

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/10, 12:10 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mysteries of Twin Oaks, PA

I know, I know . . . another "where's my car" screed . . .

But this has got me confused -- I've been trying to cut the Fordies some slack as things get up and running . . . calling no more than once a week, etc. So I figured all was swell in the world when I found out the car was built and shipped . . .

And then in Jessup, MD!

And then in Twin Oaks, PA!

This is a CSX facility outside of Philly . . . a little (compulsive) research gives an address: 329 Bethel Avenue, Twin Oaks, PA 19014 -- and a map! http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...19014&t=h&z=16

And it has been there for over a week. Kids, this is about two hours from my apartment. I could have walked there and pushed it home by now.

Customer Service, of course, says there's a hold ("There's a Hold" -- our new national anthem) . . . but the car has been shipped, no? Ford wouldn't send techs to a CSX facility on the east coast, right? Could this make any less sense?

(Meanwhile, I am off to Israel on the 23rd. When I ordered the car on March 5, I didn't anticipate being out of the continent when my it arrived.)

Any of you folks in the know: is it standard practice to hold a car in limbo for days on end in a transport facility?
Old 6/8/10, 06:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
yea I am 25 mins from this facility. You can see the hundreds of new cars sitting thee as you drive by on 95..
Old 6/8/10, 06:15 AM
GT Member

TWIN OAKS pa is in Northwestern Pa...not outside of philly
Old 6/8/10, 06:22 AM
GT Member

Perhaps your car was shipped right before the hold was put in place and is one that needs attention from QC
Old 6/8/10, 06:22 AM
Bullitt Member

I was confused about that as well, but the rail yard outside of Philly owned by CSX is indeed Twin Oaks. I see it all the time when driving down I-95. I'm about 5 mins up 476 from it.

My car went there before it got to my dealer. Was only there for a day before it ended up going to my dealer in Springfield.

I guess I just got lucky.
Old 6/8/10, 06:57 AM
GT Member

Rabbi Mike may be right....that is a CSX drop off place... ( Twin Oaks is a town in NW pa. but that may not be where the cars go)
Old 6/8/10, 07:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Ah, I miss Delaware County...

Hope your car arrives soon.
Old 6/8/10, 07:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by nsthesa
Rabbi Mike may be right....that is a CSX drop off place... ( Twin Oaks is a town in NW pa. but that may not be where the cars go)
Yeah -- at first I flipped out a little when my dealer said "Twin Oaks." I looked it up on google maps, and (like you said) it came up as being in Western PA -- after having been in Jessup, MD, which is on the east coast.

But then I checked out the schedule. Turns out it's line Q216: http://www.trnwatcher.net/trains.htm . . . Then I found the line on the CSX map: https://www.csx.com/?fuseaction=customers.tdsi_gis

I cannot wait for the day when I can drive this **** car rather than obsess about it on the internet.
Old 6/8/10, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

It's worth the wait, believe me.

Plus, then you get all day at work to obsess about it on the internet.
Old 6/8/10, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor

I'm 2 mins from there!
Old 6/8/10, 11:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by kierankelly
It's worth the wait, believe me.

Plus, then you get all day at work to obsess about it on the internet.
Prexactly!
Old 6/8/10, 12:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nsthesa
TWIN OAKS pa is in Northwestern Pa...not outside of philly
No its not. Twin Oaks is in the Southeast corner of PA, on your way to Delaware, via I-95.
Old 6/8/10, 12:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For anyone who has cars going to Twin Oaks, all the dealer has to do to get the car up to the dealership quicker, is to make a call to Twin Oaks ramp with the VIN number of the car in question, and tell them to mark it as "HOT". This expedities the car from when it unloads from the train to the carrier. It speeds up the process of it arriving to the dealer. I did that last year for a Mustang and it works great. I plan on doing it as soon as I see the cars I ordered moving towards their final endpoint.
Old 6/8/10, 01:07 PM
GT Member

Nice to see you back Jeff...Hopefully I'll get my car by July 4th lol...
Old 6/8/10, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
For anyone who has cars going to Twin Oaks, all the dealer has to do to get the car up to the dealership quicker, is to make a call to Twin Oaks ramp with the VIN number of the car in question, and tell them to mark it as "HOT". This expedities the car from when it unloads from the train to the carrier. It speeds up the process of it arriving to the dealer. I did that last year for a Mustang and it works great. I plan on doing it as soon as I see the cars I ordered moving towards their final endpoint.

Old 6/8/10, 01:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Just got a call . . . it arrived! Called the insurance company . . . picking it up tomorrow night!

(Trying not to freak out . . . must - act - rabbinic . . . must - act - rabbinic . . . )
Old 6/8/10, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rabbi Mike
Just got a call . . . it arrived! Called the insurance company . . . picking it up tomorrow night!

(Trying not to freak out . . . must - act - rabbinic . . . must - act - rabbinic . . . )
When were your order/build dates?

Oh yeah, contragulations!
Old 6/8/10, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

121488 built 5/20, IN TRANSIT (Rabbi Mike)

Congrats! This should be a good sign that they're definitely moving again, even ones that might have been affected by the hold. Less than three weeks for him from build to arrival! That also puts it very close to mine and Coffeejolts, our cars just have to get way down south first, so here's hoping!
Old 6/8/10, 01:44 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Rabbi Mike

Classic post! It will be in my sig for a while.
Old 6/8/10, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lancel
121488 built 5/20, IN TRANSIT (Rabbi Mike)

Congrats! This should be a good sign that they're definitely moving again, even ones that might have been affected by the hold. Less than three weeks for him from build to arrival! That also puts it very close to mine and Coffeejolts, our cars just have to get way down south first, so here's hoping!

Man. Mine was built the exact same day and I just called AAI. It's still sitting there. Tight lipped on release date but he said, "yours should be close to the front of the line." Who knows what that crap means.

Quick Reply: The Mysteries of Twin Oaks, PA