2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Navi Solution

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/10, 05:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool beans man, congrats on the ingenuity.
Old 10/20/10, 07:01 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Most original and amazing mod I've ever seen done to an interior! Your craftsmanship appears amazing! And I love the buttons on the roof, it's so cool

Is hitting the buttons easy for say changing radio stations or anything like that? And how well can you see the iPad screen in bright daylight? I'm guessing you have a 3G ipad?
Old 10/20/10, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude. Seriously. That has to be the coolest @%$#&! thing I have ever seen. I seriously thought it was a photoshop job at the first glance. I was like, 'yeah right, who would seriously put there radio on the freaking roof?!'. Then I looked at the rest of the pictures. Wow. I started thinking about the work and hours upon hours that went into that and realized it must have been one hell of an overhaul. The quality, fit, finish and overall craftsmanship that went into this is amazing. I've never seen anything so off-the-wall, left-field inside a Mustang before. Great job! I'm anqious to see more pictures. And maybe a video?
Old 10/21/10, 03:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm impressed to the max.
Old 10/21/10, 08:25 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ice Hawk
Dude. Seriously. That has to be the coolest @%$#&! thing I have ever seen. I seriously thought it was a photoshop job at the first glance. I was like, 'yeah right, who would seriously put there radio on the freaking roof?!'. Then I looked at the rest of the pictures. Wow. I started thinking about the work and hours upon hours that went into that and realized it must have been one hell of an overhaul. The quality, fit, finish and overall craftsmanship that went into this is amazing. I've never seen anything so off-the-wall, left-field inside a Mustang before. Great job! I'm anqious to see more pictures. And maybe a video?
Kory, thanks for the kind words, and congrats on your win. Nice package! You're right, the car of my dreams (GT500). I couldn't have a car like that for the daily drive from Fort Lauderdale to Miami every day. The 5.0 is definetly the nicest GT so far. The toys inside is just a hobby for me. I enjoy the technology. No mods to the outside yet. Maybe an Elenor grill soon. I'll try to post some more pics soon and yes, a video is in the plan. I still have to install the homelink buttons and other aux switches in the overhead.
Stay tuned.

Love the grill pony on the truck!

Last edited by 5th Stang; 10/21/10 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10/21/10, 09:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very cool..reminds me of the Old School Panasonic Cockpit stereos of the 1980's...
Attached Thumbnails My Navi Solution-panasonic-20cockpit.jpg  
Old 10/21/10, 11:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Wow. Just...wow.
Old 10/21/10, 12:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Most original and amazing mod I've ever seen done to an interior! Your craftsmanship appears amazing! And I love the buttons on the roof, it's so cool

Is hitting the buttons easy for say changing radio stations or anything like that? And how well can you see the iPad screen in bright daylight? I'm guessing you have a 3G ipad?
The radio is no problem, I use the steering wheel controls most of the time. The Ipad screen is fine to see, the car is dark enough with the tinted windows. Thanks for the comments.
Old 10/21/10, 12:50 PM

I just got hard again lookin at the pics.

Side note, do you ever plan on doing something like this for us fellow Floridianians? Say for the right price? Just curious. Not that it would work on mine as I'm getting one w/ the glass roof but I know many would pay you for this type of thing on their stangs.
Old 10/21/10, 01:14 PM
Cobra R Member

I admire your creativity...not sure i really like it,but then again i find a backup cam on new mustang out of place....
Old 10/21/10, 01:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by J. Dub
I just got hard again lookin at the pics.

Side note, do you ever plan on doing something like this for us fellow Floridianians? Say for the right price? Just curious. Not that it would work on mine as I'm getting one w/ the glass roof but I know many would pay you for this type of thing on their stangs.
Yes, this could be done for others. I have a template of the overhead and could use a different color fabric to match interior colors. If there is a demand for it I would consider. The nice thing about this is retaining the Sync radio and voice control. The only loss is the Cd. No big deal considering the gain.
Old 10/21/10, 02:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Very nice work!
Old 10/21/10, 04:48 PM

5th Stang, here is an applause for American ingenuity! Now if you, an individual can do something like this, why cant Ford that has research dollars for R&D behind it?? I am a fan of yours! If memory serves correctly, didnt the special 64 or 65 fastback, that was made for the James Bond movie "Goldfinger", have a center ceiling console as well?? This is what your handiwork reminds me off! I remember seeing pics of it years ago! Maybe Brad can find those pics and post them side by side with your work for a comparo!! Again, love what you have done with your car! And as a passing note dont ya hate how your local Ford dealer always messes up on your order somehow?? Happened to me in 95, so I can sympathize!! Carry on!
Old 10/21/10, 04:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wow it's like Knight Rider in there
Old 10/21/10, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by 5th Stang
The radio is no problem, I use the steering wheel controls most of the time. The Ipad screen is fine to see, the car is dark enough with the tinted windows. Thanks for the comments.
This has really got my interest piqued, how much re-wiring and such did that involve? Looks like A LOT, but I don't know the cars well enough to know if there was an easy way to wire it, or if it's gotta be the hard way
Old 10/21/10, 05:33 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crveni
Now if you, an individual can do something like this, why cant Ford that has research dollars for R&D behind it??
They did....its called the Electronics Package

I get what you're trying to say though
Old 10/21/10, 05:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
This has really got my interest piqued, how much re-wiring and such did that involve? Looks like A LOT, but I don't know the cars well enough to know if there was an easy way to wire it, or if it's gotta be the hard way
Partially what moved me to do this was how simple the wiring was. There is only 4 wires going to the overhead module. 12vdc hot, ground, and 2 data conductors. I ran a Cat-6 cable to the roof. It was almost too simple. Some of my past projects I had to run lots of wires. Technology is great. Sync radio, climate controls, and illumination on 4 conductors.
Old 10/21/10, 07:27 PM
7up

Partially what moved me to do this was how simple the wiring was. There is only 4 wires going to the overhead module. 12vdc hot, ground, and 2 data conductors. I ran a Cat-6 cable to the roof. It was almost too simple. Some of my past projects I had to run lots of wires. Technology is great. Sync radio, climate controls, and illumination on 4 conductors.
Kudos, man.

Thinking out loud: An iPad as standard equipment in a Mustang? Will Cupertino and Flat Rock join forces?

Old 10/21/10, 08:18 PM

Wow, that's amazing! And who says new cars are just messes of wires and such. Just taking my radio out of my dash brings about 20 at me
Old 10/22/10, 08:37 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crveni
Now if you, an individual can do something like this, why cant Ford that has research dollars for R&D behind it??
Ford hasn't done it because they didn't want to do it. It's not the case that Ford struggled to do this and just couldn't figure it out. I think this project is marvelous, but that doesn't mean it would make sense for Ford to equip Mustangs like this from the factory. Some Mustangs have glass roofs and some are convertibles.

Quick Reply: My Navi Solution