Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/14, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
their 170-degree t-stat
I have the 170 t-stat waiting for me to pull the trigger on a smaller pulley and a dyno tune but just can't get motivated to do it.
Don't forget to get the best performance from the t-stat you will need to have your tuner adjust when the rad fans kick in. Below is from the VMP website.

11+ vehicles use a variable speed fan that must be adjusted by your tuner and can not be adjusted on the SCT handheld. We recommend bringing the fan on 50% at 180F and 100% by 200F.
Old 7/29/14, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Even if this pans out good, I don't know if I can recommend them again based on their customer service.
Man you must want those badly!!! You have more tolerance than me, I would of cancelled the order a while ago. GOOD LUCK and I hope it all turns out good.
Old 7/29/14, 03:12 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Burton, sorry to hear that man ... keep us updated
Thanks Gabe. I need to talk to you sometime about the HE upgrades...would reduce me getting heat soaked during really hot days.

Originally Posted by rmurer

Well you sold me, never going to deal with him that's for sure.
IMO, I just wanted to share my experiences, whether it be negative or positive, because that's what we ARE. We are community, a band of brothers (and sisters) that share an intense love for our cars, and that's why we are on this forum in the first place, right? And you guys know, that if my experience with them would have been overwhelmingly positive, you KNOW I would have still come on here, and posted my experiences. You can look through my post history to know that I've done just that: told it like it is...in fact I think I'm for the most part overwhelmingly positive about my vendor experiences LOL.

It's just that things like this leave a sour taste in our mouths... sorry to see it affecting other people's desires to buy from them. But it is what it is. We live in an age where feedback runs rampant, and quickly. So....

Originally Posted by Stage_3
He knows he should of contacted you, but still didn't. Classic lies.
Good luck bud. I hope you get your fogs soon.
Thanks Tony. Even if we give them the benefit of the doubt, and that it IS true, still...... in the business that I'm in, you treat the customer just as you would want to be treated. Be honest and open, and let them know what you're going through. The customer will then feel like you care, enough to let them know the hurdles you are working VERY hard to overcome, and will be more understanding to, let's say, a new delivery date. Right? Business common sense. I dunno.... maybe I have too high an expectation of myself and others.

Originally Posted by GT50GO
Man you must want those badly!!! You have more tolerance than me, I would of cancelled the order a while ago. GOOD LUCK and I hope it all turns out good.
I hope so too buddy... we'll see. I hope I see a shipping invoice.

On another note, I returned and reordered another blue filter. This time, from S&B. I went with a Power Stack 7" conical filter, in blue of course. I will have to make some changes to the inlet flange length...to allow it to fit in my Roush box. Either way, should be blue, so all that matters. I'll post pics when done.
Old 7/30/14, 02:59 PM
I Have No Life

Alright... here's the "latest" pic and info on my fogs. Sounds like they fixed the lens issue, and it's ready to be shipped. Allegedly. I'll relax once I see the shipping tracking info in my email.

On a positive note though, I think the fogs themselves look so sinister. I think it will further my car's transition into a "dark" theme. I might have to darken my dark chrome front pony even more.

What you guys think of the fogs? Pics below.
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-photo.jpg  
Old 7/30/14, 03:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good! I like it! Also can't wait to see how your dyno day goes tomorrow!
Old 7/30/14, 03:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Not a fan of halos on anything other than the BMW's that they're OEM-fitment on.
Everything else ..... meh.
Old 7/30/14, 03:37 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
Looks good! I like it! Also can't wait to see how your dyno day goes tomorrow!
Thanks Kyle I will let you know how tomorrow goes. You should join me if you're free.

Not a fan of halos on anything other than the BMW's that they're OEM-fitment on. Everything else ..... meh.
That's fair… I won't really know how it will look until I get it installed. For the record though, on shiaz's (ciniTzer) car it looked pretty good. And those were CCFLs. Mine are Chip On Board (COB) LEDs. So they will be a full ring, and much brighter and this functional DRLs. So we will see.

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/30/14 at 06:59 PM.
Old 7/30/14, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Kyle… I will let you know how tomorrow goes. You should join me if you're free.
Proabably have your appointment mid morning early afternoon im guessing? Im at work until 5, so if it happens to be after that i could lol
Old 7/30/14, 04:12 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
Proabably have your appointment mid morning early afternoon im guessing? Im at work until 5, so if it happens to be after that i could lol
Yes it's at 9 am! I'll be there at 6 am LOL. Gonna cool down for 3 hours hahaha
Old 7/30/14, 04:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Alright... here's the "latest" pic and info on my fogs. Sounds like they fixed the lens issue, and it's ready to be shipped. Allegedly. I'll relax once I see the shipping tracking info in my email. On a positive note though, I think the fogs themselves look so sinister. I think it will further my car's transition into a "dark" theme. I might have to darken my dark chrome front pony even more. What you guys think of the fogs? Pics below.
Yes. Darken everything except headlights and wheels! Black 5.0 emblems with red dots (to match Brembo calipers), remove SC emblems, RTR rear decklid, smoked tails, blacked out reverse lights, blacked out sidemarkers, GT500 rear rotors. Do all that. Trust me... <--- that sounds familiar doesn't it?
Old 7/30/14, 05:54 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by laserred38
Yes. Darken everything except headlights and wheels! Black 5.0 emblems with red dots (to match Brembo calipers), remove SC emblems, RTR rear decklid, smoked tails, blacked out reverse lights, blacked out sidemarkers, GT500 rear rotors. Do all that. Trust me... <--- that sounds familiar doesn't it?
Whoa whoa easy tiger... I love my current markers . Nice and bright amber with no diminished light, since I run with my parking lights on all the time. But yeah we will see once the fogs are on. Let's see what happens
Old 7/30/14, 06:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm just glad they're not colored. I dunno what it is about this new color'd halo and wierd head light craze along with Lightbars in the bumpers and crap.
Old 7/30/14, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is correct Sean . I hope the quality is far better than the customer service
I had the same issues with this company...the quality of the product was bad and it took three months to get a refund
Old 7/30/14, 07:02 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by rmurer
I'm just glad they're not colored. I dunno what it is about this new color'd halo and wierd head light craze along with Lightbars in the bumpers and crap.
Yeah, not for me. I'm not into that either. I just wanted some nice decent halos, white LEDs. Wanted them as DRLs.

Originally Posted by 13gt/cs
I had the same issues with this company...the quality of the product was bad and it took three months to get a refund
What did you order from them? specifically? I can't speak to quality, as of yet, since I haven't received them yet. I pray to God that it shipped out today. My last email convo with their "office/shipping" guy was that it would ship out today. But I've been told them a few times since 2 weeks ago…so.

And why did you return the said product? And what was the process like getting a refund? You have me all perked up now.
Old 7/31/14, 04:46 AM
I Have No Life

Well...as expected, no tracking info. Which means, it's highly likely the product did not ship yet again. Unbelievable.
Old 7/31/14, 02:24 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Well...as expected, no tracking info. Which means, it's highly likely the product did not ship yet again. Unbelievable.
That's crap!
Cancel your order and get them from somewhere else.
That'll teach'em.
Old 7/31/14, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought the rear smoked marker lights....the quality was poor. I was also told several times that the item was shipped only to find out later that the post office where they dropped it off at had lost the item. They eventually made another set and ship it out. Once I received the product I had problems popping the light fixture into place because there was to much excess glue around the lens. The light bulb mounts were jagged due to a poor cutting blade or inexperienced technician. It was hard to install the bulbs due to the poorly cut mounts. I wish you better luck...I eventually got my money back but I had to be patient, I was afraid that if I got irate with this company I might not ever see my refund.
Old 8/1/14, 06:12 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 13gt/cs
I bought the rear smoked marker lights....the quality was poor. I was also told several times that the item was shipped only to find out later that the post office where they dropped it off at had lost the item. They eventually made another set and ship it out. Once I received the product I had problems popping the light fixture into place because there was to much excess glue around the lens. The light bulb mounts were jagged due to a poor cutting blade or inexperienced technician. It was hard to install the bulbs due to the poorly cut mounts. I wish you better luck...I eventually got my money back but I had to be patient, I was afraid that if I got irate with this company I might not ever see my refund.
Yikes... Sorry to hear that. I hope that my experience won't be as bad

On the plus side, my fog lights shipped yesterday Expected to arrive NEXT Wednesday. 6.5 weeks from order to my door. My day keeps getting better.
Old 8/4/14, 08:13 PM
I Have No Life

Update:

Installed my new S&B power stack blue filter. Had to cut the flange a bit to fit, but it's a 7" deep filter...beefier than the other one. No more ugly red filter.

iPhone pics, as stated. And here's a short clip of me stepping on the gas at 9pm...had to be quiet to avoid po'ing the neighbors and waking up my kids

Also, FYI, my halo fogs are arriving Wednesday...according to Fedex. Lol
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, &quot;Safety&quot;, and Aesthetic Mods...-image-1538610345.jpg   My Latest Power, &quot;Safety&quot;, and Aesthetic Mods...-image-1875716469.jpg   My Latest Power, &quot;Safety&quot;, and Aesthetic Mods...-image-332390335.jpg   My Latest Power, &quot;Safety&quot;, and Aesthetic Mods...-image-3394569939.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/4/14 at 08:15 PM.
Old 8/5/14, 09:38 AM
I Have No Life

in preparation for my fog light install... can someone please tell me the colors/which wire on the parking light socket is power vs ground? I just plan on T-tapping the wires...basically crimp then heat shrink.

thanks.

Quick Reply: My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...